Why we lost. Is the coach or are the players at fault?

Is the coach or are the players at fault?

• Coach

• Players

• Both

Results are only viewable after voting.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Politis was chummy with Vlandys and played out that he wasn't happy with the changes. He also wanted the comp to start afresh with everyone back on zero. The old wily chook got a heads up and worked on the plays knowing how out was going to be policed. Got J Moz as well. Good on him for being smart. Unlike our doofus coach.
I asked myself a similar question.

What did the roosters do in the covid break?

Think about it. Looked ordinary in first 2 games. Had the covid break where 'supposedly' no group training permitted. Then they come back looking like a well oiled September team that has put 3 teams to the sword that look like February trial teams.

Roosters are and have always been cheats and their performances from pre covid to post covid are just far too discrepant for them to not have been group training in some way shape or form.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its not the players or the dumb coaches fault brad. Something your poor shit talking mind will never understand. It starts at the top. Nothing will improve why top Anderson dickheads are in charge of the club, not stats or overs or another team line up. The posts of peoples short term rubbish on here for a quick fix just shows our members and supporters are worse than this board and coach. Dumb as fuck quite simply

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
First try
1. six again penalty on the 3rd tackle. Lewis.
2. penalty - high tackle. Napa.
3. Lewis flys in to tackle playmaker - Flanagan. On the next play the team doesn't shift to the left where Lewis would of been defending. No communication and low game sense from RFM, Averillo and Meaney (all at fault).

Second try
1. error - drop ball. Lewis.
2. error - drop ball. Meaney. If Meaney gathers the intercept we score at the other end.

Third try
1. six again penalty on the 2nd tackle. Elliott.
2. error - drop ball. Meaney.
3. Averillo caught out defensively - covering Tedesco who Lewis is already covering, massive hole. RFM's probably at fault too, defending behind the line.

Fourth try
1. multiple quick play the balls. Napa was offside due to a quick play the ball. Elliott grabbing Tupouniua instead of tackling. Tupouniua runs through a hole where Napa would of been defending. A lot of players (To'omaga, JMK and Jackson) are asleep around the play.

I'm not going to go through and analyse the rest of the game. From the eye test and my feel of the game after the first 25 minutes we played quite well. There was a period where we were unlucky not to score a couple of tries. We honestly lost this game due to a terrible start which we caused ourselves with six agains, penalties and errors. We also have to capitalise on our opportunities. Besides the difference in quality between the sides being night and day that was the only difference last night. We stayed in the contest and the effort was there. I think there was a bit of an overreaction last night. I don't think Pay is our saviour but I'm also not #Payout as I honestly don't think he's done a bad job considering everything. The problem is as far as we know a top coach isn't available. If you just look at the scoreboard and didn't watch the game last night it looks rough but there is a lot more that goes into it.
Your in-depth numerical analysis has a denominator and numerator . The denominator goes by the name of Lewis...and some fuckwit keeps picking him. The numerator in your numerical analysis goes by the name of Elliot, some fuckwit has made him a pivotal starter in the team.Instead of overanalyzing whats to blame, let’s simplify it, it goes by the name Dean Pay.
He’s the one that keeps picking this mediocrity .

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Its not the players or the dumb coaches fault brad. Something your poor shit talking mind will never understand. It starts at the top. Nothing will improve why top Anderson dickheads are in charge of the club, not stats or overs or another team line up. The posts of peoples short term rubbish on here for a quick fix just shows our members and supporters are worse than this board and coach. Dumb as fuck quite simply
I agree, I should of added a neither option to the poll. I don't necessarily agree with everything you're saying here, but a lot of this is due to our past management. I'll blame the Andersons next year if recruitment is underwhelming.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% correct. Lets be serious here. Our team is not of a first grade/NRL side. Over and out.
Outclassed from top to bottom head office coaching staff players outclassed across the board

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
From the top of my head there was at least two others. Crichton in the corner and Foran (?) with support play but was stopped right before the line. There was also a couple plays to the left where we had numbers but Roosters played for the intercept.
They are not going for the intercept. The Roosters have confidence in their defence, and they are prepared to just knock the ball down, and take another set after a breather while they waste time setting a scrum. It breaks the flow of the attack, and there is a chance they might hold the ball, or force their opponents to lose it.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s a “What came first the chicken or the egg” dilemma.
Were Pays positional selections the best it could have been last night?
Were they the best 17 players available last night?
Given that the Roosters played without their enforcer JWH & you wouldn’t know it given how emphatically we were embarrassed through the middle.
All the critics of Jake Friend are quiet given his work rate & overall performance last night - both in attack & defence.
On the other side of the coin, is it the individual brilliance of the Roosters players or the coaching systems implemented by Robinson & Co where you bring in a new kid & the change is seamless?
The egg was around well before chickens came along. Dinosaurs were laying eggs.

Fingal Bay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lewis has Wakeham and Cogger putting pressure on him. If Lewis isn't playing well he needs to be dropped. That's the same with JMK (with Katoa), Meaney (with Crichton, Harper, Tass), etc. We don't have the best players to replace them but they have to be put on notice at some point (I feel like Pay actually has done this in previous seasons, it's just these players come back into the side). That's my opinion from the outside anyways.
Lewis and JMK should be dropped they offer nothing and never will. We need a new wrestling coach especially after watching the Roosters, they have it down to a fine art.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Interesting results so far from the silent majority

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We didn't have great halves under Des but he got it done and worked to the teams strengths.
Pay has no idea what our strengths are. FFS we don't even hurt anyone in defense any more. Conceded metres after a tackle is Fucking horrible

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMHO we should not be to simplistic when we Annalise the reasons why our club is in such a mess, we all know or should know that winning starts at head office
We can blame the previous board, and Hassler, some say the current board has no idea. I would like to point out some true facts.
Since the SL war their has been a continuation of unfavourable comments made against our club by almost of all RL commentators, led by Gould himself, who has managed to fool many of our supporters, with a few meaning less gestures. This fact has made our club the bad boy of the NRL. Also the fact that it is situated in an area which is populated by many Muslims has not helped.
This stigma has created many difficulties for our club, hence the reason why Dib and his board made many panic decisions, particularly in the area of recruitment and retention, players have only come here for overs or for the pension. It appears as though some players and coaches wouldn't come to our club even if we payed then twice what they are currently getting at their present club.
I don't know how much harm had been done by Hassler and the previous board in the way of back ending deals and paying overs for hacks, so I can't really judge the current board just yet.
With the way the spotlight is continually been placed on our club and players, (they have to watch how many times a day they breath). Add to that our club's current state of affairs, getting it out of the hole is not going to be easy.