Our squad and what we have to recruit to be a top 8 team

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just heard matty johns sum it up perfectly. The roosters lost cronk and Mitchell from last year. It's more about the system than the individuals.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
How the fuck did we going from apparently having an $8.5 million war chest to a possible $2-3 million?
Friggin according to some Souths have more money than us to spend next year what the actual fuck is going on???????????

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Realistic
1. Hopoate (not a long term option, hopefully Averillo can develop into a fullback)
2. JAC
3. Averillo
4. Reimis
5. DWZ
6. Foran
7. Wakeham (Lewis will probably still play)
8. Thompson
9. Friend
10. Napa
11. Bateman
12. Jackson
13. Elliott

14. JMK
15. To'omaga
16. RFM
17. Smith

Ins: JAC, Thompson, Friend, Bateman

I think this is almost best case scenario. We'll have enough money to make one more decent signing (maybe a centre or a prop). Not necessarily what I'd do but this is what I'm expecting.

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1. Averillo
2. DWZ
3. Hoppa
4. Farnworth
5. Smith
6. Foran
7. Wakeham
8. Napa
9. Grant
10. To’omaga
11. Jackson
12. Bateman
13. Thompson

14. JMK
15. RFM
16. Ogden
17. Topine

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
No chance Roosters let Friend and Aubusson go. No to Foran and Maloney.
Aubs can't get a run, he earned a good pay day. Friend will come after they win 3rd title. They have players ready. We need old heads and experience especially in the halves. Doesn't matter how good out front row or back row is unless you have a hooker who knows how to bring forwards on the ball than the pack will be useless. Friend is a must for me and a competitive Jimmy for me. Wakeham has potential but you never know if they will come out in the week to week grind. The club needs leadership and Jimmy foz and friend will help massively for the kids coming through. I think now back to 2009 the players I went for are close to what we done with like for like. We will compete and have leadership. Maybe won't win a grand final but will win a few games and get us a sponsor lol

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Aubs can't get a run, he earned a good pay day. Friend will come after they win 3rd title. They have players ready. We need old heads and experience especially in the halves. Doesn't matter how good out front row or back row is unless you have a hooker who knows how to bring forwards on the ball than the pack will be useless. Friend is a must for me and a competitive Jimmy for me. Wakeham has potential but you never know if they will come out in the week to week grind. The club needs leadership and Jimmy foz and friend will help massively for the kids coming through. I think now back to 2009 the players I went for are close to what we done with like for like. We will compete and have leadership. Maybe won't win a grand final but will win a few games and get us a sponsor lol
If you offer Friend two years and ~700k it'll be very tempting for him. I don't see Roosters offering Friend more then a one year extension and they can't offer him that sort of money, more so ~500k.

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
01. Jake Averillo
02. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
03. Will Hopoate
04. ?
05. Reimis Smith
06. ?
07. Brandon Wakeham
08. Dylan Napa?
09. ?
10. Luke Thompson
11. Josh Jackson
12. Adam Elliott
13. Aidan Tolman?

14. ?
15. Jackson Topine
16. Renouf To'omaga
17. Ofahiki Ogden

Coach: ?

We need a new coach and at least 4 players. If we can also get rid of Napa and Tolman then we should also.

We are still a couple of years away from even being a top 8 team.
My pick for this week would be.
1.Averillo
2.DWZ
3.Remis Smith
4.harper
5.JMK
6.hoppa
7.foran
8.tommaga
9.katoa
10.napa
11.jackson
12.mariner
13.elliot
14.wakhem
15.sue
16.chris smith
17.ogden

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
01. Jake Averillo
02. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
03. Will Hopoate
04. ?
05. Reimis Smith
06. ?
07. Brandon Wakeham
08. Dylan Napa?
09. ?
10. Luke Thompson
11. Josh Jackson
12. Adam Elliott
13. Aidan Tolman?

14. ?
15. Jackson Topine
16. Renouf To'omaga
17. Ofahiki Ogden

Coach: ?

We need a new coach and at least 4 players. If we can also get rid of Napa and Tolman then we should also.

We are still a couple of years away from even being a top 8 team.
Napa? Seriously? You have him as your starting prop moving forward? And Tolman is off contract this year, so if they resign him I will be pretty pissed off. Elliot is by far our best ball playing forward, To'omaga our best prop, and you don't even have RFM in the team.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think we can all agree that Ogden is trash. He was so lazy in defence tonight after 10 mins.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hmmm I don’t think so. He has missed 2 tackles all year. But we don’t have to agree.
Missing tackles isn't the only way to determine if someone is good in defense or not. It doesn't count as a missed tackle if you don't even touch the person or run out of the line.

There is a reason why he's still a bench player.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Napa? Seriously? You have him as your starting prop moving forward? And Tolman is off contract this year, so if they resign him I will be pretty pissed off. Elliot is by far our best ball playing forward, To'omaga our best prop, and you don't even have RFM in the team.
That is why I put a ? nexxt to his name. If we can offload him for nothing then I'm all for it.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Missing tackles isn't the only way to determine if someone is good in defense or not. It doesn't count as a missed tackle if you don't even touch the person or run out of the line.

There is a reason why he's still a bench player.
Mclean, McGuire, JT, all play in the same position as Asiata. Very hard to beat those players to start. Again I think your wrong ahahah you don’t rate him I do who cares bra

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Look to be quite honest. I think if they bring Wakeham in at 7, they will score points. I think our back 5 are horrible. The forwards are not to bad, the 9 is horrible, the bench is fucked he put harper on the bench a centre instead of a hooker like katoa.
The coach doesn’t have a plan, he protects what he built instead of holding the players responsible. We need a good coach, my top of the list will be the walker brothers, for one reason they will bring energy in our time that can score points.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ogden just keeps throwing away every opportunity he gets
Don’t think he’s any better then the other squad players except he’s bigger. Another lazy unfit player. What does our club do at training?