Morgan Harper out, Bryson Goodwin in

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Our recruitment team needs to fuck off. Goodwins pushing 40 that c*** is shit!
If we prefer mature players now, maybe we do have a chance getting Cam Smith for 4 years lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If they're after geriatrics, at least recruit Cliff Lyons. Even at 60 or so, he could probably still put on more tries than the rest of our team.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We are the new Parra mate.
Seems like Parra are miles better at signing players than us. We are the new Newtown. Bits parts players and Club slowly winding down to become irrelevant.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't blame Harper, he is clearly the better centre but the club is persisting with Smith there. Best decision for him to walk. Lol if we sign Goodwin, I'm sure some will try and spin it into some positive
Only positive is it's positively stupid!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Worst part is that when the board took over and punted all our high paid players they said that Canterbury will rebuild and there will be opportunities for the best young players to come and become first graders.

This has not happened. Now we are trying to sign a 35 year old winger who's best season was 2009.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Worst part is that when the board took over and punted all our high paid players they said that Canterbury will rebuild and there will be opportunities for the best young players to come and become first graders.

This has not happened. Now we are trying to sign a 35 year old winger who's best season was 2009.
I think his only season was 2009 :p in between a sore big toe, a burst spleen and lack of decent ability the guy didn’t do much.

If I recall correctly weren’t people begging for him to leave/get dropped in the end? Him being signed up surely has to be a shit stir to get people’s blood pressure elevated :p

I know that we are in all sorts. But surely we aren’t that dumb to sign a player that had his best season 11-12 years ago :/ actually come to think of it. It’s a bulldogs type of signing :/

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Goodwin rumour is surely crap and along the same lines of the McCullough rumor.

A

Alexander the Great

Caught up with a dogs trainer tonight at a BBQ and said he was told it was rubbish from Hill.

I knew it was bullshit.

so random they picked goodwin though...

Goodwin rumour is surely crap and along the same lines of the McCullough rumor.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First McCullough, then Goodwin.

Looks like someone is leaking false information, or the media is making stuff up like usual.

A

Alexander the Great

Forum member has suggested the club is doing it for payback. We will know the truth eventually I suppose.

First McCullough, then Goodwin.

Looks like someone is leaking false information, or the media is making stuff up like usual.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Forum member has suggested the club is doing it for payback. We will know the truth eventually I suppose.
Don’t really get why the club would purposely put out embarrassing recruitment targets to try and baffle the media. Even if there’s no truth to the rumours people still read the articles and it doesn’t reflect well on the club. There’s either an element of truth to them or it’s just made up by the media.

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Don’t really get why the club would purposely put out embarrassing recruitment targets to try and baffle the media. Even if there’s no truth to the rumours people still read the articles and it doesn’t reflect well on the club. There’s either element of truth to them or it’s just made up by the media.
That's what I said also, makes us look unprofessional either way.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
If it's a club stitch up it still shows how fucking inept we are. Who honestly runs around disrespecting players and feeding lies that your interested. Makes us look like a shit club either way imo
My post about feeding #fakenews was a joke, no way the club is doing that. That said, I don’t believe this rumour and emotions seem to run very high around here over unsubstantiated rumours...