Dogs are Down - the daily Telegraph (what's the buzz)

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Andersons returning has been the worst thing to happen to us in years
No, it just coincided with our cap being screwed by des, causing us to shed experienced players and have no money to replace them with anyone worthwhile. Also our most experienced and expensive player being injured all the time. To date I dont know what they could have realistically done differently with no money to spend and fk all in the market if we had money.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No, it just coincided with our cap being screwed by des, causing us to shed experienced players and have no money to replace them with anyone worthwhile. Also our most experienced and expensive player being injured all the time. To date I dont know what they could have realistically done differently with no money to spend and fk all in the market if we had money.
Sing a different song.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree. Again this article is just heresay. The team is struggling so everyone is trying to find someone to blame, whether it's the team, coach, administration, whatever. But i honestly don't think things are anywhere near as bad as the telecrap are making out. Lynne was running the IOC for disabilities, so she does know what she is doing, Hill was in charge of the rugby world cup wasn't he? These guys are not terrible at their jobs, the team is just playing terribly.
If the team clicks this week and we start to win a few games, all of this fake news will disappear.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree. Again this article is just heresay. The team is struggling so everyone is trying to find someone to blame, whether it's the team, coach, administration, whatever. But i honestly don't think things are anywhere near as bad as the telecrap are making out. Lynne was running the IOC for disabilities, so she does know what she is doing, Hill was in charge of the rugby world cup wasn't he? These guys are not terrible at their jobs, the team is just playing terribly.
If the team clicks this week and we start to win a few games, all of this fake news will disappear.
Lynne was also at the Titans...

A

Alexander the Great

3 massive signatures and the heat is off.

Add a new coach that uses these 3 key player's to turn the team around and they keep their role.

its very simple for them.

SoWhat

Waterboy
Reaction score
Wow so much going on, wonder who the assistant was that inquired about head coaching? Fitzgibbon? Also like the sound of the Liverpool stadium idea. The rest though far out!
What a joke who would be interested in going all the way to Liverpool to watch a dogs “home” game. Can someone explain why the development of Belmore is not pushed harder?
The club is meant to represent the district not withstanding it may have followings elsewhere. In all honestly it is a for me of relocation and would be a betrayal of fans.

A

Alexander the Great

Luke Brailey pushed for years for it. Never happened.

What a joke who would be interested in going all the way to Liverpool to watch a dogs “home” game. Can someone explain why the development of Belmore is not pushed harder?
The club is meant to represent the district not withstanding it may have followings elsewhere. In all honestly it is a for me of relocation and would be a betrayal of fans.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
"All the way to liverpool" lol. Its a short drive. Belmore is just a bad location. No parking is a major issue. The size of the ground is limited also. The government arent going to fund tearing down and rebuilding a ground that only 1 team plays at, that has limited space and causes traffic and parking issues in the suburb. They are going to put their money into large grounds that are home to multiple teams so they can get more back on their investment. And the club cant afford to rebuild Belmore without government help.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He stood down like pay did so they aren't paying him and they are on job keeper like most of the club staff.
And he lives in Qld and travel is a hassle I imagine ...they can tele conference....if there's anything to discuss....but a GM Football not on site seems odd.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
DOGS ARE DOWN

The Canterbury Bulldogs are on the verge of imploding.

The team’s winless start to the year, no major sponsor, no home ground, uncertainty over the future of coach Dean Pay, the standing down of club legend Steve Price and unexplained return of Chris Anderson in an unofficial recruitment role has upset long-time fans.

Anderson was forced to stand stood down from the Bulldogs board last year when The Sunday Telegraph revealed his recruitment business had gone into liquidation, owing millions. He was replaced on the club retention committee by his wife Lynne Anderson, but player agents have revealed he’s still unofficially involved behind the scenes — although the club denies this.

Meanwhile. Pay feels he’s being sidelined from roster planning.

The Dogs have a $3 million war chest to spend on new players for 2021. There is one major problem … potential recruits want to know who will be coaching the team.

This will force the club into making an early call on Pay, possibly even next week.

The other big issue concerns football club general manager Price who was stood down when COVID-19 shutdown the premiership, but has yet to return from Queensland.

The club surprisingly left him out of their 50-person bubble.

Many blame the fact club legend Terry Lamb got caught at training last week shaking hands with players and breaking bio-security protocols on the fact Price wasn’t around to police the rules.

SHOOSH

Which assistant coach at a struggling NRL club has rung both St George-Illawarra and the Canterbury Bulldogs to inquire about their head coaching roles.

SHOOSH

Which NRL club is quietly checking out the position of Gold Coast Titans coach Justin Holbrook, despite the fact he’s under contract until the end of 2021.

NEW DOG KENNEL

There’s now talk of the NRL pushing the state government for a boutique stadium at Liverpool on the site owned by Canterbury. It could be used for Bulldogs and Wests Tigers games. The Dogs’ Belmore HQ is unlikely to get funding and their deal is up at ANZ Stadium.
To Phil Drunken Rothfield
News Ltd are DOWN !!!
You all are down on Morals, Honesty, Decency, Accountability, Quality and abouve all Credibility !!!
YOU are the SCUM OF JOURNALISM !!!

SoWhat

Waterboy
Reaction score
"All the way to liverpool" lol. Its a short drive. Belmore is just a bad location. No parking is a major issue. The size of the ground is limited also. The government arent going to fund tearing down and rebuilding a ground that only 1 team plays at, that has limited space and causes traffic and parking issues in the suburb. They are going to put their money into large grounds that are home to multiple teams so they can get more back on their investment. And the club cant afford to rebuild Belmore without government help.
I think you miss the point Liverpool is still a fair drive and playing would be a big mistake Lol all you like. You can have tigers playing out of Belmore too if that supports the redevelopment case. Car parking can be build underground. Anyway everyone’s entitled to their opinion.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think you miss the point Liverpool is still a fair drive and playing would be a big mistake Lol all you like. You can have tigers playing out of Belmore too if that supports the redevelopment case. Car parking can be build underground. Anyway everyone’s entitled to their opinion.
10 minute drive from Bankstown. I would love for Belmore to be redeveloped but it will never happen.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can tell the pubs and clubs are back open...boozy is at it again. **** would have spent the past 7 days spastic!!!!

OR

He is trying to deflect the spotlight of his pins and needles sharks

On a brighter note, geez I'm looking forward to seeing how Foran and Averillo go this afternoon.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Jason Demetriou wants to pull the pin on his Souths deal and move into a head coaching role asap instead of waiting until 2022. Not sure if he's interested in us though...

I also made this up
I think he’d be a great head coach for us.good footy brain

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: the daily telegraph sports aka buzz “ the alcohol’ rothfield create headlines that are not factual . Nothing more than gossip journos who would fit in at New Idea magazine. Qld border were shut so price isn’t t here at moment. Chris Anderson is a legend and obviously was helping while pricey is away. All alcohol Rothfield is doing is trying to sell at expensive of professionalism. No one will care when he dies. He is a pest!

Reactions: ATT