Official Round 4 - Bulldogs vs Dragons - Discussion Thread

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That was the year Newtown made the GF but got beaten by Parramatta.

It was a pretty decent side they fielded that day and it contained former Dogs Peter Kelly and Michael Ryan and yet to be Bulldogs in Mick Pitman (joined us the next year)and Phil Sigsworth( 1985) .
One year after he joined us Sigsworth was sent of in the 86 GF..from memory the only player who has.That was the day no one scored a try and pretty sure that the result went the way of the Eels due to the sympathy vote for the retirement of Cronin and Price..

I was not at the game due to it being at Henson Park but listened to the call on the radio.
‘81 was Jets/Eels GF
‘82 and ‘83 were Beagles/Eels with the slimy Eels winning all 3 until we knocked them off their perch in ‘84...
Yeah, GF was 81, the year after the year of the Bulldog.

Brett Kenny broke Newtowns heart and my future father in law who broke his telly and then refused to go to a wedding..

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bad news boy’s Foran has just been ruled out with a broken forearm after shaking Terry lambs hand at training...

A

Alexander the Great

Baa has a mean handshake. The bloke is solid as fuck.

He would be gutted the poor prick.

Bad news boy’s Foran has just been ruled out with a broken forearm after shaking Terry lambs hand at training...

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey on the positive we can’t be worse than Brisbane

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fuck there is some dribble in this thread hahaha love it.

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hey on the positive we can’t be worse than Brisbane
Roosters 56 to Broncos nil!!! All of sudden our score last Sunday doesn’t look that bad!! Lol ... on a serious note, if Pay continues to coach with his blindfold on and picking the players positions from a lucky dip, when we play the roosters round 5, it will be 100 to nil! I hope I am wrong but I am dreading that game.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can you imagine if we are not allowed to play and what it does for the comp... all we need is one player to test positive and they will throw us under the bus.

The worst part is we invited the media into the ground. You would think the players and coaches would have been made aware that they need to be on their best behaviour and no fuck ups.
Wouldn't be surprised if somehow theres a fake positive coming back....

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have to run heavy traffic at their rookie Clunge he struggles in defence in a huge way. He is a turnstile at CCup level.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roosters 56 to Broncos nil!!! All of sudden our score last Sunday doesn’t look that bad!! Lol ... on a serious note, if Pay continues to coach with his blindfold on and picking the players positions from a lucky dip, when we play the roosters round 5, it will be 100 to nil! I hope I am wrong but I am dreading that game.
Raiders will be even worse lol

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anyone know off Reimis being out tomorrow ?

Last edited:

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know off Reimis bring out tomorrow ?
I thought they said in the after match report that he was fine after his knock last week. Either way it wouldn’t bother me to be honest he’s done fuck all at centre. Would love to see Harper get a run but unsure what his fitness would be like

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Never seen this much “excitement” leading in to a game and Long weekend to boot!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Bulldogs versus Dragons are always my favourite games, long term rivalry, hated neighbours, much more of a local derby than many others (often with only a train line separating), plus I lived in Bulldog’s territory and walked to the local school in Dragon’s territory, made for many a schoolyard argument. Looking forward to Monday’s game same as always.

Go Dogs