• No

Votes: 25 27.2%
  • Unsure

Votes: 16 17.4%

• Total voters

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
early days i was happy when this ticket got in getting rid of dib and co, they did the big talk, outlining what was restricting us from going forwards saying we needed to be patient, then this board started taking things for granted talking more about themselves than the team
2 seasons on knowing we have money to advance talks with potential new recruits, we have under performed, making 1 signing on significance for 2021, we have a host of reserve graders off contract and no decent replacements or options except resigning them again

people see the signing of chn and dwz as our board and recruitment doing well, both players were pretty much given to us as they had no other options, the board likes to throw out the line of bulldogs dna, a play on words meaning nothing

the bulldogs dna of the past were teams vastly different to what we have today, they were feared they were brutal they were skilled tough players, what we have now this season moving into 2021 is a b grade team b grade coach, b grade board

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Before the CHN and Okunbor thing we would of headed into the season with ~5% of the salary cap open (maximum allowed we're allowed to take into the season). I'm not sure why June is being thrown around because it has very little to do with recruitment for 2021, possibly another DWZ like signing. Now I assume we have a little bit more due to what I mentioned previously (there was also the Foran thing but we're not getting compensation now). The board/recruitment team need to be judged by the roster that shows up round 1 in 2021 (we'll know before the season obviously).

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Before the CHN and Okunbor thing we would of headed into the season with ~5% of the salary cap open (maximum allowed we're allowed to take into the season). I'm not sure why June is being thrown around because it has very little to do with recruitment for 2021, possibly another DWZ like signing. Now I assume we have a little bit more due to what I mentioned previously (there was also the Foran thing but we're not getting compensation now). The board/recruitment team need to be judged by the roster that shows up round 1 in 2021 (we'll know before the season obviously).
June is mentioned because it’s the close of the transfer window - and not necessarily for signings for this year...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
June is mentioned because it’s the close of the transfer window - and not necessarily for signings for this year...
The close of the transfer window for 2020, so basically no more mid season signings/players changing club.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Have you lost faith?
This is a legitimate thread, do not delete
I think it's too early to say for sure. If after June 30 we don't start making some serious signings, then I will make that call.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, mediocre seems to be a safe benchmark with this mob.

Recruitment = mediocre
Performances = mediocre
Coaching = mediocre
Backbone = mediocre
Sponsorship = mediocre
Strategic implementation = mediocre

Etc.. etc... etc.. = mediocre

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No just the coach, I can see Averillo being replaced by Goodwin in FG.

Followed by supporters protesting at the Leagues Club, then rioting and looting of kebab shops in Belmore.

With Lewis trying to be the saviour of the situation by talking and winking to the crowd advising them to settle as Pay has guaranteed him a FG spot for life and he will lead the team to victory by himself.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unsure. I'm giving the board benefit of the doubt until I see/know the roster for 2021 - pretty much who they recruit. At this stage if it isn't contracted players I'm going to be hard to please. We need top spine players, two to three marquee players. I'm confident we have the money to do something special, I hope they don't spread it out too much on players that aren't going to make much of a difference.

We have one of, if not, the worst NRL rosters currently. I'm not expecting much on the field tbh. I was saying this before a ball was kicked and so was the betting market. I'm hopeful we'll finish outside the bottom four again but we're looking like finishing where we were expected to and that's second last.
Problem is not the money...it's the coach....quality players want a good coach to play under

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have never really had a beef with the current board, but if they keep showing blind faith in pay and the way he’s running the team that will change.They also need to lift their game as far as recruitment and retention of players goes.
Agree with most of this but what retention are you talking about? Are people really crying about Harper leaving FMD.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you lost faith?
This is a legitimate thread, do not delete
I didn't know it was a religion.
We can join the club and do something about a Board; maybe even attend meetings and get first hand information, rather than opinion on social media.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
They have done pretty much what they promised, held us under the cap that we were on track to obliterate, moved on players as necessary, survive until the back ended contracts are over in 2020, leaving 2021 as the first year of the rebuild. That’s next year and that’s the year I will be looking for as to their success or not.

Go Dogs

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I feel they have been trying. I’m sure they are locking in some policy and governance. Hopefully they look at other support coaches to address any faults pay has so it’s addressed going forward. The recruiting has been ok with limited resources. CHN, DWZ, Thompson all good players will add or in CHN was adding to the roster. Britt is going ok. Napa ok. Stimpson a flop. Yes we loosing Morgan Harper. But still unproven. the one thing in my mind proven with the CHN and Jayden incident is we need some older heads around the younger ones. It’s also across society with younger ones.
the only issue they are performing very badly on in my opionion is marketing and sponsorship once that’s addressed we will go forward. Marketing can be addressed by once a month bulldog tv giving a onsite internally to members only warts and all type tv not just spin doctoring

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m concerned what’s going on at the minute. There’s been too many things go on at the club under this board and admin that are just sloppy and unprofessional and it’s happened too many times to be bad luck. Mad Monday, Port and even the Terry Lamb handshake either don’t happen at well run clubs or they don’t make it to the media and when you don’t have a major sponsor you cannot afford this type of stuff.

With the football side of things the club has tread water for 3 years and only the CHN signing was a decent one which doesn’t matter now. They have left themselves a massive job to do for next year and I really don’t have that much confidence in getting it done especially if there’s much truth to C Anderson being bought in to head the recruitment drive.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I lost faith when Peter Mortimor was announced as Chris Anderson's replacment.

I genuinely hoped Lyne would be a matriarch figure that could bring the best business tallent together to get us back where we belong.

They are in the job to keep the job, not to DO the job.

No coincidence Lyne and Chris made their play at the same time their business was going into recievership!

Sad times for the once mighty doggies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I still have faith.
Most of my complaints are somewhat out of the boards control. (unless you want to fire a coach every time you don't make the finals)
I personally, think they're delivering on most of what they promised, which was to get the cap under control and focus on the junior pathways.
I've given them till next year to deliver on some of their bigger promises. If we're still struggling on the field next year and they haven't intervened, my faith will most certainly diminish.

Bulldog Joe

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think the whole club from board level to the football department is struggling!
I think the board although they have inherited a mess they have not shown signs of picking the club up, for a club with a huge fan base no major sponsor can be secured?
The whole football department is a mess, our players are constantly in the headlines for the for the wrong reasons?

Our players although are not the most talented are always underdone on the field, weaker, slower and can’ Even manage the basic fundamentals of catching , passing or kicking!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The junior pathways and playing stocks were left in such a bad way by Des and Dib that if anyone gave them a bit of attention they would look like genius.

Credit to the board for seeing it needed attention but I wouldn't say they are doing anything mind blowing or ground breaking. They just got them back to the same level as other clubs.

Nassif

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think they were pretty clear at the beginning that we had a salary cap problem and that would not be fixed until 2021.

We don’t look good but we have a young team and our best players (Foran & CHN) have not been playing.

Dean has made some questionable decisions with the team and the interchange timing but it’s hard to comment when I am not involved day to day. We need to extend him for 3 years so he can properly rebuild. Look at Arthur and Stuart, it’s taken time but they are starting to show what patience can do. To be honest I am surprised how much he is getting from the team considering our roster. DWZ is our only AU/NZ international and we have no origin players. I don’t think another coach could do better but the one thing they might be able to do is attract better quality players. It’s a shitty roster compared to Manly Jake, Tom, Daly, Marty, AFB etc.

We have too long had a policy of staying away from troubled players rather than just recruiting the best available. We have also let a lot of our young guys go that are now flourishing eg Tapau, Finucane, Lane, Mahoney etc. CHN made a mistake but nothing compared to what Jayden did, Suli would have been hard work but look at him now.

I think letting go of Graham, Reynolds, Ennis and JMOZ took the heart away from the team. We have gone through this before and we will come out of it but it’s going to take some time. I don’t like it but we are getting closer so we just need to be a little more patient.