Peter V'landys, what do you reckon?

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So it looks like the Club got a fair go for once in regards to the punishment handed down for the Terry Lamb incident. Dont know if V'landys set the punishment or if he just signs off on it. It appears in this case common sense prevailed.

Im liking the new rules for the reset of the season. I still think there is a ways to go but Im finding for the most part that the footy looks exciting. A side bonus being less bunker and time for commentators to share their opinions without the stoppages.

Will be interesting down the track with fans back at the game and dare I say it, State Of Origin should look pretty bloody good if fatigue returns to the game. I think that's what takes SOO to the next level which we haven't seen much of in recent years. I think that's when he magical stuff happens.

I think 'all clubs' will recruit differently if the rules stay next year. Some players at certain clubs may now find themselves unattractive to the type of of footy now being played. I could be totally wrong on this, just an observation.

V'landys did what he said he was going to do and on cue, the footy was back. He had hurdles but didn't make a song and dance along the way, just got on with it. Obviously the job was massive.

He seems the type of bloke that hasn't got time to muck around and doesn't care for the camera.

I think he's doing a pretty good job from the little I know about footy admin.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's done a good job for sure, far better than any of his predecessors had done. It would be great to have him stay in the role but he mentions every chance he gets that he'll be leaving soon and it's only short term.

You would think the powerbrokers would try and do everything possible to persuade him to stay.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He seems shady AF, but maybe that's what league needs.

He certainly does't seem to be worried about making friends/politics or offending anyone - this was a key trait that saw league get back on the paddock so early.

Not sure about long term though, so a couple of years to kick the game in the arse might be the right way to go.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He's the best since Ken Arthurson.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree ^^^^^ 8-)

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He's done a good job for sure, far better than any of his predecessors had done. It would be great to have him stay in the role but he mentions every chance he gets that he'll be leaving soon and it's only short term.

You would think the powerbrokers would try and do everything possible to persuade him to stay.
Too much money in racing to worry about the backwater sport of league

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Best thing to happen to rugby league in twenty years for mine.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He reminds me of the Harvey Keitel character from Pulp Fiction he just gets shit done

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Ironically he has a terrible image among racing punters for how greedy he is with some of the tax laws involved with bookies and TAB.