Are Australians hypocrites or are indigenous their own worst enemy?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Probably true, but good luck taking that risk if you have a job or a reputation to uphold. It's not usually wise to be found in contempt of a supreme court order.
my boss is black so I might get a promotion ffs, im going to take pictures of me getting arrested and send it to him

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I hear there are tens of thousands signed up to protest tomorrow in Sydney (and the same number in Melbourne).

What are people's thoughts on this and the potential for it to end up with violence and damage to property in the city tomorrow?

Does anyone believe in the idea of going along to watch silently and defend businesses if violence breaks out?
I believe people have the right to protest. I think its good that its a Saturday, hopefully it wont effect too many trying to make their way to and from work. At least they have notice to make alternative arrangements if need be. I think its a possibility that some may be arrested for violence towards police as these things usually get heated but not likely for malicious damage. I think its fair to say that 99% of Australians find damaging property when protesting stupid and unacceptable. I think other protesters would take offense to some dickhead trying to destroy property.
I wont be protesting and I have no idea why people will be.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
The aboriginals In the remote community have it the worst. There's a lot of domestic violence and child rape, random rape etc.

It's unsexy though for activists to lay the groundwork and untangle their cultural problem. Much more sexy to tell #changethedate or some shit.

my friend was a liberal and lived in PNG and came back a different person. He pointed out that PNG and aboriginals are common linked ancestors and he said God help us. The things he saw.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
John Howard refused to apologise as he thought this generation should not be sorry for the actions of other generations

Not only that but there was a mix with the stolen generation, for some families kids were taken unfairly but for others it saved the kid from horrid abuse. Nevertheless I don't think people can still bring it up, we have all moved on and society has fixed things.

People need to just contribute positively to society, stop making excuses and trying to find fault
It's not their agenda to stop playing the vict in and it's not the labor agenda to encourage them to move on with life. The Americans call its 'keeping them on the plantation' by getting them puissed all he time.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
So there's a shit ton of people there for the protest and seems like it's going ahead. So does this mean all social distancing fines are now void and money will be returned to all previous recipients and we are completely free to do what ever we want now, no questions asked as social distancing doesn't need to be applied. Mose well open the borders up and get everyone back to work too :tonguewink:

Kinda shits me that most of us have been living life like a hermit the last 2 months to save ourselves and the Country, living by the strict rules set and then this is allowed to happen an estimated 10,000 people to congregate together. It's ridiculous, shouldn't be able to happen right now.

And before the lefty mob wanna call me racist, they can have their protest, just at a different time when we arn't just trying to recover from a pandemic. Poor timing indeed.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So there's a shit ton of people there for the protest and seems like it's going ahead. So does this mean all social distancing fines are now void and money will be returned to all previous recipients and we are completely free to do what ever we want now, no questions asked as social distancing doesn't need to be applied. Mose well open the borders up and get everyone back to work too :tonguewink:

Kinda shits me that most of us have been living life like a hermit the last 2 months to save ourselves and the Country, living by the strict rules set and then this is allowed to happen an estimated 10,000 people to congregate together. It's ridiculous, shouldn't be able to happen right now.

And before the lefty mob wanna call me racist, they can have their protest, just at a different time when we arn't just trying to recover from a pandemic. Poor timing indeed.
Autistic screeching from the left in 3, 2....

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think the protests are badly timed and stupid during a pandemic. I dont like deaths in custody any more than anyone else, but they are risking undoing all the good work done to control the virus and the sacrifices ppl have made. Might also result in more unnecessary indigenous deaths, which is counter productive to their cause, to prevent them. Especially since indigenous people are more vulnerable to covid. Its just stupid.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way I see it there 8s a high risk that some protesters will not adhere to the social distancing rules that are set in place for the good of this country.

That in turn presents a moderate risk that a elevated levels of the pandemic could reestablish itself within our communities, putting many at risk, along with the possibility of undoing all the hardships that Aussies have gone through to bring this epidemic under control along with possibly adding to the hefty financial toll that Australia is already facing.

If I was to suggest that we had a protest under the guise of "people that care about covid and it's restrictions matter" I would look like an idiot, because we know at what expense that would come... Why organise something that could be so damaging, I'm all for the cause but surly there is a better way.

Why not do what we did on ANZAC day and light a candle at the end of our driveways?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I empathise with the Indigenous’ cause and concerns, and conducting a peaceful protests is their civil right, as it is with all Australians. However, with all this coronavirus around at the moment I don’t think it is a good idea to have a mass rally. Although I gotta say the majority of people were wearing masks, so they still followed the rules to an extent. Perhaps as @Caveman said, maybe until things right themselves a symbolic gesture could be done, but until then mass gatherings are crazy. However, to the extent of my knowledge, at the moment from all reports, perhaps a few arrests, but on the whole the protests have been peaceful. This again proves to me why Australia is the best country in the world. We can have differing opinions on divisive topics, but most people, 99%, are looking for peace and change, not violence and change.

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think the protests are badly timed and stupid during a pandemic. I dont like deaths in custody any more than anyone else, but they are risking undoing all the good work done to control the virus and the sacrifices ppl have made. Might also result in more unnecessary indigenous deaths, which is counter productive to their cause, to prevent them. Especially since indigenous people are more vulnerable to covid. Its just stupid.
Next it will be people saying if they can have a protest rally like this why can't people go to the footy of gather in large groups anywhere else?

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
It'll be the white man's fault if they get COVID. Sick of political correctness bullshit these days.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ive been reading about how people claim Australians are hypocrites with regard to the George Floyd matter.

By are Australians hypocrites or are the indigenous their own worst enemy?

Living in Sydney we largely assimilate, it's a multi cultural city a d for the most part we get along

But a few years back I went out to WA Karratha and Port Hedland for work. My role was to hire someone to run a shop out there.

In the hotel they don't me not to venture out at night as the indigenous would knock my teeth out, rob me or maybe even kill me

I thought it was a joke but they were very serious. It was a very us vs them mentality. The hotel was basically a locked compound to keep the indigenous out.

Business out there were required to meet a quota of indigenous workers and they could not hire any more workers as they could never meet their indigenous quota. The indigenous workers would last a day or two as they believed working 5 days was just unreasonable

During the day I attended a local shopping centre and two indigenous men were brawling on the ground. I stopped to watch and they both stopped fighting and threatened me .. I walked away and they just looked at each other and continued brawling. Other shoppers were oblivious to it. Seemed normal to them

There was a huge drinking problem in indigenous communities, suburbs would ban sales of alcohol to indigenous people and they would pack up and move to other places where alcohol was available

This was the same at both Karratha and Port Hedland..

It was all a real eye opener, I never thought there was such a divide but it absolutely exists.

Anywhere you wanted to build you needed clearance from Aboriginal elders and they would make some pretty ridiculous claims how it was sacred land. Some stick they would find in the area proved it was sacred land. U shaped buildings around such special Aboriginal spots were built as the elders made a big stink about it

I left with the impression these indigenous communities didn't want to help themselves, they wanted a monetary handout but didn't want to contribute anything. Just live wild and drink

So when Australians are called hypocrites I'm not so sure that is true.
Mate, there are some really bad parts of Australia where you cant really venture out at night if your not a local, and especially if you are white.

Its really hard to turn it around.

So much history, and the obviouse fact that aboriginals are often born into a cycle of drugs and grog, and general crime.

They raised in this lifestyle of us v them, taught that they are victims of white society and develop a true hatred and distrust of white people.

I blame the msm and the leftards for this.

Without question the facts are clear that systems and benifits are in place to help bring up Aboriginal standards and benifit their comunity standards.

There isnt a lot more that can be done to help..

Untill the leftards stop with their false narrative of white supremacy, and people start to work together and promote the corner that has been turned, we wont see any improvment.

The leftards are to blame for holding back black comunities.

Teach the blacks that there is no, us and them.
Teach them to love, not hate or fear white people, teach them how to utilise the schemes that are in place to help them rise and prosper.

A wondeful life is there and availible in Australia for everyone prepared to have a go.

For the sake of the black comunities its time to fight against negative false agenda driven BLM rubbish that just causes divide, and start promoting unity, and celebrate how far we have come.
Ptomote and encourage all the benifits availible exclusively to black people.

Its time to silence the true enemy and racists.
The evil leftards.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I reckon some of the more vocal people are damaging the relationship. That person who said give us a mil each on Australia Day? Get real. And, the whole “always was always will be” speech... mate that’s a bit passive aggressive... just relax eh

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Australia are hypocrites, they failed to learn the aboriginal language or assimilate but expected everyone else to assimilate
Nope, you got it all wrong mate.

As has been happening for eons of human existence, people have been taking over lands from other people.

No differant here.
The English colonised this land, basically took it over.
Absolutly sucks for the native people that life as they knew it changed for ever.

Just like so many other people all over the world have had that happen over time.

Australia is now a first world multicultural nation.
A woderful place full of oportunity for anyone to make somthing of their life.

As a nation we welcome everyone from all over the world to join us.

Nothing hypocritical about any of that.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon some of the more vocal people are damaging the relationship. That person who said give us a mil each on Australia Day? Get real. And, the whole “always was always will be” speech... mate that’s a bit passive aggressive... just relax eh
Exactly right mate.
None of that is helpful to the aboriginal people.

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nope, you got it all wrong mate.

As has been happening for eons of human existence, people have been taking over lands from other people.

No differant here.
The English colonised this land, basically took it over.
Absolutly sucks for the native people that life as they knew it changed for ever.

Just like so many other people all over the world have had that happen over time.

Australia is now a first world multicultural nation.
A woderful place full of oportunity for anyone to make somthing of their life.

As a nation we welcome everyone from all over the world to join us.

Nothing hypocritical about any of that.
It was an invasion..genocide.

Last edited: