Morgan Harper to manly

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think we should go after Brendan Elliot who was more than capable when he covered for Turbo in 2019.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I'm a fan of Harper and have watched his progress from a young age. He has a good head on his shoulders - I'm sure he will get game time. Good luck to him. If anything he will want to nail the position so the club regret him leaving IMO
I didn't he won't crack 1st grade at all, just don't think he will walk into that manly team. Had better chance here to push for a start. Definitely a talent, should be a walk up start here. I dont know why pay has went with smith over harper unless its a personality thing. Even then it shouldn't stop him . Fuck knows.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I didn't he won't crack 1st grade at all, just don't think he will walk into that manly team. Had better chance here to push for a start. Definitely a talent, should be a walk up start here. I dont know why pay has went with smith over harper unless its a personality thing. Even then it shouldn't stop him . Fuck knows.
He was endorsed by Morris to take up the centre spot in 2019 was over looked by the likes of Montoya and Holland. He didn’t get a shot till round 25 last year. He was solid but you can definitely can see the talent.

Come round 2020, Pay announces Smith is playing centre. Everyone knew Hoppa would take the other spot. I don’t blame him for looking elsewhere. I wish him all the best. He has a a bigger chance of making the Manly side than ours. Before he signed, Suli was off contract and he probably thought he could edge out Parker. I hope this doesn’t come back to bite us.

run1500

Waterboy
Reaction score
I guess we will have to wait til he moves and see what next season brings. I reckon he has done the right thing - Pay wasnt giving him the shot he deserves. Shit Pay wouldnt even name him in the extended line up. If Manly wanted him straight away they must have something in store for him. I have faith he will make starting line up.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just read this on nrl universe.
Letting harper go to manly and we want bryson Goodwin back :anguished:

Absolutely baffled with the decision, but not at all surprised with what the club seems to be doing these days

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Absolutely baffled with the decision, but not at all surprised with what the club seems to be doing these days
If this is true. I can no longer support this bullshit. Ill go pay manly for a membership.
Where the fuck are the Lyne anderson and dean pay fans today ?
Fucking joke of a club
Put that on the front page of the telegraph.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Let's hope it's not true. If it is, I'm sure some people will defend the decision.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I guess we will have to wait til he moves and see what next season brings. I reckon he has done the right thing - Pay wasnt giving him the shot he deserves. Shit Pay wouldnt even name him in the extended line up. If Manly wanted him straight away they must have something in store for him. I have faith he will make starting line up.
The whole hasler thing was he neglected our juniors. The whole pay thing was to develop juniors. We have a few juniors that need 1st grade to keep developing but they don't get a run. He was a walk up for me.

Last edited:

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can’t believe we are letting Morgan Harper go to manly cause we need more experience and are going after has been Bryson Goodwin ,what’s happened to our club ?
Signed for two years with eagles and also asked for a release.
I’m not happy about this terrible management decision.

Article below-
Bulldogs set to loss Morgan Harper

The Daily Telegraph can also reveal rising centre Morgan Harper, 22, will be leaving the club at the end of this season after he signed with the Manly Sea Eagles on a two year deal.

It makes the decision to allow Harper, who has been at Belmore since he was 15 years old, all the more curious.
Doesnt this going against what Lynne and the board have been saying about keeping our promising juniors?..

I really think the club is just telling us what we want to hear.. but the actions and results are the opposite..

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can’t believe we are letting Morgan Harper go to manly cause we need more experience and are going after has been Bryson Goodwin ,what’s happened to our club ?
Signed for two years with eagles and also asked for a release.
I’m not happy about this terrible management decision.

Article below-
Bulldogs set to loss Morgan Harper

The Daily Telegraph can also reveal rising centre Morgan Harper, 22, will be leaving the club at the end of this season after he signed with the Manly Sea Eagles on a two year deal.

It makes the decision to allow Harper, who has been at Belmore since he was 15 years old, all the more curious.

Harper agreed to terms with the Sea Eagles before COVID-19 forced the competition into shutdown.

And after limited opportunities to make a name for himself at Belmore, the youngster asked for an immediate release from the Bulldogs to join Des Hasler’s Sea Eagles in 2020 but the request was denied.

Harper, who made his NRL debut in round 25 in season 2019, has not been named in the side since but is highly regarded among his teammates at Canterbury.

After slumping to their third-straight loss against the Sea Eagles at Gosford, senior

Bulldogs players urged coach Pay to consider adding Harper to the starting side at centre as part of a backline shake-up.

Pay will make mass changes to the side he named on Tuesday, including a back five shake-up, but Harper still won’t take the field against St George Illawarra on Monday with Jake Averillo and Reimis Smith preferred at centre.
Curtis Rona is coming back.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Should of kept him, an let him have more game time, he had potential. it is what it is.. But if he does go on and becomes a star, that’s another mistake.!!

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Is it even official yet? No announcements have been made? Not all rumours are true, like how we signed mcculloch for 4 years haha

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If this is true. I can no longer support this bullshit. Ill go pay manly for a membership.
Where the fuck are the Lyne anderson and dean pay fans today ?
Fucking joke of a club
Put that on the front page of the telegraph.
Surprised any of your read the Telecrap tbh. The biggest pile of shit newspaper out there.

If this were true, which I don't really see as of yet ....

But if it were true I wouldn't be disappointed with him leaving. From all accounts he really hasn't set the world on fire, nor really shown the promise that the expectations of him were. One thing being talked up as being a 1st grade player, another thing putting in the effort to be one.

The reality none of us know anything about what's going on behind the scenes. Not a thing. Sure, it's easy to say Pay's shit and should've played him more this year but who knows what he's been like in training. We were only 2 rounds into the season when Harper apparently signed with the Eagles. Now you lot can blame Pay for that, which is fine, but that smacks of a player not prepared to do the hard work and stick in there when things aren't going his way.

No doubt you'll now say I'm a 'Lyne and Pay' fan for saying this, but I'm simply trying to see the bigger picture. Yes. Pay is shit atm. Yes. The club said we're going to retain our youngsters. But does that mean we should keep every one of them no matter what?

If Harper isn't putting it into the trainings. If he isn't fighting for his spot. Why should they try to keep him?

All of this is make believe stuff really though as I refuse to take any Telecrap article seriously, and I'm really shocked so many of you are. When something, anything more concrete comes out about this I'll be happy to debate it more.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What annoys me is how we will have to listen to the “ Des saw something in Me no one else saw” when he’s killing it, then meanwhile we’re stuck with Remis smith. Put the **** back to the wing ! Last weekend he just watched that try go through

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not surprised they have let him go,limited opportunities in top grade,but never really got involved,and defensively not first grade standard,but a good coach may bring the best in him

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we wanted experience why let the morris boys go they are killing it at the moment.
Their attitude. They both refused to do any off field PR, Brett was constantly injured and both asked for 2 year extensions at $500k a season. They both ended up signing 2 year deals elsewhere for much less of course but were adamant we had to pay more...therein lies their attitude problem. Sure agree they are going great and may well of fitted into the culture better at Sharks with their drug culture and Roosters with the regular brown paper bag top ups but we weren't prepared to do either in pursuit of team harmony.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Their attitude. They both refused to do any off field PR, Brett was constantly injured and both asked for 2 year extensions at $500k a season. They both ended up signing 2 year deals elsewhere for much less of course but were adamant we had to pay more...therein lies their attitude problem. Sure agree they are going great and may well of fitted into the culture better at Sharks with their drug culture and Roosters with the regular brown paper bag top ups but we weren't prepared to do either in pursuit of team harmony.
Heard that story
Yes they want a 2 year deal but the rest is rubbish.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: such a shame...... could have been a good player for us

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: such a shame...... could have been a good player for us
My view, he's a competent player, would fit well into a team with 3 or 4 strike players, because to date he has not shown that he is capable of becoming a strike player himself. He's 22 in a couple of months, so not old, but backline players generally show their outstanding NRL level skill set in their late teens, if they have them. Unlike some he doesn't have an attitude problem that has disguised his quality, he trains hard and does the right things to prepare, so what we have seen is what we would be getting going forward. For us, right now, we need strike players and unfortunately we can't afford to carry competent players in the interim.

Go Dogs