Consolidated Pay Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No finchie. Met Katoni back in Feb at Albion park trots. Apart from coming across as a decent bloke he would be no more than 90 odd kgs dripping wet.

Anyway I guess that's too small to play in the centres
I Fcuking wish he was a bulldogs player
Kids got everything
Him tom Flegler and tesi niu would’ve been wow

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason Saab has requested a release, and the Bulldogs were NOT in the lost for teams interested in his services! WTF fuck off Pay, recruitment team and Boarrd!

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Leave things as they are until the cash becomes available later this year.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jason Saab has requested a release, and the Bulldogs were NOT in the lost for teams interested in his services! WTF fuck off Pay, recruitment team and Boarrd!
I think we have other positions in need if more attention first. Winger shouldn't really be a priority imo

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Don’t get worked up by what’s in the paper mate

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t get worked up by what’s in the paper mate
Hahahahaha yeah I try not too..

Here’s an issue, if we shake shit up this week and win does this save Pay?

If we get toweled up by Dragqueens,does the door finally slam his ass on the way out? Sooner rather than later!

If mass changes are coming, has he lost the dressing room? Are the players picking the side? Surly the boot is on its way to his ass!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hahahahaha yeah I try not too..

Here’s an issue, if we shake shit up this week and win does this save Pay?

If we get toweled up by Dragqueens,does the door finally slam his ass on the way out? Sooner rather than later!

If mass changes are coming, has he lost the dressing room? Are the players picking the side? Surly the boot is on its way to his ass!
It’s not as dire for him as is being made out. He has more support than you’d think from the club and players. We were terrible last week and he’s clearly taking feedback on board which is good. I just want to smash the dragons because I hate losing. I have no agenda either way

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s not as dire for him as is being made out. He has more support than you’d think from the club and players. We were terrible last week and he’s clearly taking feedback on board which is good. I just want to smash the dragons because I hate losing. I have no agenda either way
Mate if Pay can do a job with the team I would support him .. it’s just hard to see us winning!

I think week 3 may be a little late to win the fans support back for Pay! Blind Freddy could see over the last couple of years that players were playing out of position! Let’s hope we have energy in D and enough left to smash in attack!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mate if Pay can do a job with the team I would support him .. it’s just hard to see us winning!

I think week 3 may be a little late to win the fans support back for Pay! Blind Freddy could see over the last couple of years that players were playing out of position! Let’s hope we have energy in D and enough left to smash in attack!
Agreed mate. He’s hardly had a strong squad though but should be doing more with them. Some positional changes were obviously deemed essential for defensive reasons that we don’t all see day in day out. It’s good if he tries something else from round 4

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed mate. He’s hardly had a strong squad though but should be doing more with them. Some positional changes were obviously deemed essential for defensive reasons that we don’t all see day in day out. It’s good if he tries something else from round 4
I’m all for giving guys a crack like Remis, DWZ and the likes, but you know after a few weeks how blokes will go in their trialing positions. DWZ was a good pick up, heaps of energy and talk at the back. But modern day fullbacks play a different style then he plays. We need another Benny Barba at the back! Allusive, fast and can ball play including attacking kicks.

Let’s hope Pay makes the correct choices!

holbi

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
Had no time for Pay since he and his pals walked out on us way back when, basically did a Sonny Bill on us. Kinda hoping he walks out again.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Had no time for Pay since he and his pals walked out on us way back when, basically did a Sonny Bill on us. Kinda hoping he walks out again.
Two quite different scenarios mate.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Two quite different scenarios mate.
Exactly, there was a Superleague versus ARL war and Pay had an ARL Kangaroos contract. There was any number of legal threats flying around, including lifetime bans and no one really knew what was going to happen. The choice at the time was the ARL competition or the Superleague competition, not one team or another, or skipping off overseas to avoid the legal action.

Go Dogs

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly, there was a Superleague versus ARL war and Pay had an ARL Kangaroos contract. There was any number of legal threats flying around, including lifetime bans and no one really knew what was going to happen. The choice at the time was the ARL competition or the Superleague competition, not one team or another, or skipping off overseas to avoid the legal action.

Go Dogs
Mate! The Super league war was about $$ not loyalty to threats, it’s really what changed the one team player! But it’s like any job, you go where the money is.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1990 - Current list

Chris Anderson 1990 - 1997 winning percentage 61% Quit to coach Storm

Steve Folks 1998 - 2008 winning percentage 56.1% Sacked or contract not renewed.

Kevin Moore 2009 - 2011 winning Percentage 53% Sacked

Moore was sacked midway through the 2011 season after the club underachieved in the ensuing two years, failing to make the finals in either 2010 or 2011.

Jim Dymock 2011 winning Percentage 62.5%

Never given a real shot.

Des Hasler 2012 - 2017 winning percentage 56.8% Sacked

We all know why he was sacked

Dean Pay 2018 - current winning percentage 36.7%

Every coach appointed by the club since 1978 (Ted Glossop, Warren Ryan, Phil Gould, Chris Anderson and Folkes) has won a premiership.

Besides Haslers success, although at the expense of our salary cap we’ve done very little since Folkes. It’s time to find a new coach and bring back a winning culture.
How bad do players have to be to be dropped? Their are a lot of players in fg who should have been dropped and told they will not be re-signed, Pay is as bad as Hasturd when it comes to persisting in a player who isn't good enough to be playing in a fg team, and as other kennelers have said previously our club are going to have to pay overs when trying to sign marquee players for next season.
And talk about getting sick of hearing rumours regarding signing has-been players, e.g Reynolds, and now Goodwin, who's name will be mentioned next linked to the doggies, that I don't know but going by what names already been mentioned it will probably be some old useless player who no other team would want, Pay has to go and the board better get their fucking act together or they can pack their bags as well.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How bad do players have to be to be dropped? Their are a lot of players in fg who should have been dropped and told they will not be re-signed, Pay is as bad as Hasturd when it comes to persisting in a player who isn't good enough to be playing in a fg team, and as other kennelers have said previously our club are going to have to pay overs when trying to sign marquee players for next season.
And talk about getting sick of hearing rumours regarding signing has-been players, e.g Reynolds, and now Goodwin, who's name will be mentioned next linked to the doggies, that I don't know but going by what names already been mentioned it will probably be some old useless player who no other team would want, Pay has to go and the board better get their fucking act together or they can pack their bags as well.
Pay has to go 100% , it’s clearly not working and time to move on .!! Damn I’ve said this so many times now lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.