News COACH Pay will make up to six alterations to the team which lost to Manly

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Dinkum, do you know what brought about these changes from Pay?
Did he have a change of mind since Tuesday’s team announcement or was it forced upon him?
He reads the Kennel mate :-).

Last edited:

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are your thoughts as to why Lewis continually gets picked in the havles over others. Wakeham, Averilo even Cogger will make better partners for Foran. Lewis has had multiple chances and simply isn't up to it. Why not give 1 of these other kids a fair go. Especially Wakeham should be given a fair crack of at least 10 games at halfback to see if his good enough.
With the way the game is going, we should give Lewis a crack at 13, play him like an old school lock!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
With the way the game is going, we should give Lewis a crack at 13, play him like an old school lock!
Or how about we just stop trying to find a spot for him. It's actually embarrassing that he's still in the side and the reason why is even worse. It really highlights where our head is at and why we struggle so much.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cogger at hooker?????
Mate he can’t defend in the middle.
He can defend dude. Problem with his defence is getting isolated on the edge, he always meets his opposite head on. In the middle he would be protected a little more imo.weve made crazier positional changes and this is one worth trying from 14 imo

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
credit where credit us due.. Good changes by Pay if true..

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
He can defend dude. Problem with his defence is getting isolated on the edge, he always meets his opposite head on. In the middle he would be protected a little more imo.weve made crazier positional changes and this is one worth trying from 14 imo
Then Pay needs to move about six players into the middle

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree Lewis definitely has the longer kicking game. But to pick him just for that doesn't justify his selection in my opinion. Cogger as well has been given a fair go at halfback. Only one that hasn't is Wakeham. Makes no sense to me. It will be a sin to let Wakeham walk without at least seeing how he goes running the team with an experienced half like Foran next to him. Surly the club won't let him walk.
Right now I think it’s because Lewis has a bigger kick on him than Wakeham or even Cogger. I’m not saying his kicks are especially effective but they’ve got some distance that doesn’t seem to come from others when Foz isn’t there. Wakeham and Cogger seem to have more effective shorter kicks. Also because it’ll be interesting to see how much kicking Foz does or whether he’s going to be more about directing traffic and creating opportunities. Cogger wasn’t great last week, but I’d like to see him with Foz. I’m not concerned about Averillo in the halves, it looks like he’ll get his shot in the backline and that’s going to be interesting to watch, especially if Foz can create some space for him. I consider the changes positive and Foz’s ongoing halves partner will be determined from this week. Wakeham, assuming he’s staying (and it’s not a Harper-eseque situation) will get his chance again.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Agree Lewis definitely has the longer kicking game. But to pick him just for that doesn't justify his selection in my opinion. Cogger as well has been given a fair go at halfback. Only one that hasn't is Wakeham. Makes no sense to me. It will be a sin to let Wakeham walk without at least seeing how he goes running the team with an experienced half like Foran next to him. Surly the club won't let him walk.
Could be that as Foz gets match fitness back and hopefully stays on the park they ease Wakeham in next to him. Apart from him being a junior and his family all support the club I just find it odd that apart from media speculation his future hasn’t been settled yet and you wonder why.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Class me as a sook because they still won’t be showing any attacking structures. Just because this retard makes some moves that make sense doesn’t mean he can coach. Credit to him for making changes it’s a first step now he needs an assistant coach who’s got the balls to run training and tell Dean to go have a coffee with Lewis. I bet I’m still watching the same shit football on Monday just glad Averillo will start. Thanks Dean
Yes its like thanks very much for starting to do your job and think about winning as well.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Then Pay needs to move about six players into the middle
Haha I'll pay that. But last week Cogger made 30/34 tackles and Lewis was 26/32. For Lewis apparently being the gun defender I believe Jack gets a raw deal

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Could be that as Foz gets match fitness back and hopefully stays on the park they ease Wakeham in next to him. Apart from him being a junior and his family all support the club I just find it odd that apart from media speculation his future hasn’t been settled yet and you wonder why.
You dont wonder: we fret and worry!

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pays to busy being Mr Nice Guy and submitting to players with assertive personalities. I believe (admittedly without seeing what goes on behind the scenes) that Lewis keeps running on because pay doesn't want to upset him, same with Smith at centre. Blind Freddy can see these guys don't belong where they are, yet pay walks on eggshells to beat of their drum at the expense of his own career.

Pay has seen glimpses of what works and to the contrary the things that clearly don't work throughout various stages of this limited season to gauge what best suits our teams aging style yet continues to field teams that are doing nothing but damage to the reputation of him as a professional coach.

Switch Smith back, he's not going to get a run at centre at any other clubs after his display at Canterbury, he's a winger he should be paid and played as a winger, if he doesn't like it good luck finding a club that will play him at centre.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
You dont wonder: we fret and worry!
I’m more pragmatic. There’s usually a reason for everything even if there’s no running commentary and you can’t control what you can’t control.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
The annual pay reshuffle after multiple losses. We win a couple a games to ease the pressure. Then we go on a promising run at the end of season so he earns an extension.

Jokes aside, I’m glad he has woken to his senses and making some calls. Now to get rid of Lewis & JMK

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Pays to busy being Mr Nice Guy and submitting to players with assertive personalities. I believe (admittedly without seeing what goes on behind the scenes) that Lewis keeps running on because pay doesn't want to upset him, same with Smith at centre. Blind Freddy can see these guys don't belong where they are, yet pay walks on eggshells to beat of their drum at the expense of his own career.

Pay has seen glimpses of what works and to the contrary the things that clearly don't work throughout various stages of this limited season to gauge what best suits our teams aging style yet continues to field teams that are doing nothing but damage to the reputation of him as a professional coach.

Switch Smith back, he's not going to get a run at centre at any other clubs after his display at Canterbury, he's a winger he should be paid and played as a winger, if he doesn't like it good luck finding a club that will play him at centre.
I wouldn't be surprised if Lewis is extremely toxic behind the scenes...could also be laid back as fuck tbf. Just feel he has the arrogance of a generational talent that's been at the top of the sport for years and obviously he is not that.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’m more pragmatic. There’s usually a reason for everything even if there’s no running commentary and you can’t control what you can’t control.
Let's all give it away then.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed (and if not arrogant a extremely strong personality who possibly imposes himself as somewhat of a senior player), seems to come through in his media appearances.
I wouldn't be surprised if Lewis is extremely toxic behind the scenes...could also be laid back as fuck tbf. Just feel he has the arrogance of a generational talent that's been at the top of the sport for years and obviously he is not that.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I cannot understand the logic by moving DWZ. What we now have is moving a pacy player with bad hands,
to using a player with good hands and no pace. How is that an improvement?

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard the other day from someone that he's gone, wants another coach to develop his progress..plus asking for too many $$ here.
The bloke is generally on the money, although he has had a miss or 2.
Right now I think it’s because Lewis has a bigger kick on him than Wakeham or even Cogger. I’m not saying his kicks are especially effective but they’ve got some distance that doesn’t seem to come from others when Foz isn’t there. Wakeham and Cogger seem to have more effective shorter kicks. Also because it’ll be interesting to see how much kicking Foz does or whether he’s going to be more about directing traffic and creating opportunities. Cogger wasn’t great last week, but I’d like to see him with Foz. I’m not concerned about Averillo in the halves, it looks like he’ll get his shot in the backline and that’s going to be interesting to watch, especially if Foz can create some space for him. I consider the changes positive and Foz’s ongoing halves partner will be determined from this week. Wakeham, assuming he’s staying (and it’s not a Harper-eseque situation) will get his chance again.
What do you mean Wakeham, "assuming he's staying"?