• No

Votes: 25 27.2%
  • Unsure

Votes: 16 17.4%

• Total voters

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. They are idealistic but can’t deliver the goods when required. At least Dib & Co delivered plenty of wins

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m always open to changing my opinion, but they are not giving us any hope at all. Things seem to be getting worse

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Unsure. I'm giving the board benefit of the doubt until I see/know the roster for 2021 - pretty much who they recruit. At this stage if it isn't contracted players I'm going to be hard to please. We need top spine players, two to three marquee players. I'm confident we have the money to do something special, I hope they don't spread it out too much on players that aren't going to make much of a difference.

We have one of, if not, the worst NRL rosters currently. I'm not expecting much on the field tbh. I was saying this before a ball was kicked and so was the betting market. I'm hopeful we'll finish outside the bottom four again but we're looking like finishing where we were expected to and that's second last.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I dunno what people expect tbh, we were always going to be shit for years when this new mob took over. Things should realistically start to improve next year, with us only being a potential contender again a few years after that. It sucks but that is just how bad of a hole we were and are in.

They do need to fuck off Pay though. I like to hope they are secretly going after a real coach behind the scenes and realise that no coach can really do much with what we have right now.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
People hated the last mob and where they put us... But I believe had dib stayed on we would have recruited better in the last season and likely would have a major sponsor. Guess we will have to see what the next 3-6 months bring

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
People gated the last mob and where they put us... But I believe had dib stayed on we would have recruited better in the last season and likely would have a major sponsor. Guess we will have to see what the next 3-6 months bring
Also if we kept Des. Not sure about keeping Dib as he and Castle are at fault for what happened to our salary cap.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Still unsure, not a lot of confidence right now.!!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Got to have faith in them to lose it. If they boot Pay then I will gain some faith in them.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
They fronted the membership two years ago and were very open about the state of things. They made it clear we could not be competitive again until 2021.

Many had expectations of signing announcements from last November and when that didn’t happen (apart from Thompson) it’s assumed nothing else has been done. Give it until the end of the season, the transfer window hasn’t even closed yet. Judgement should be on the 2021 roster and how things start to turn from next season.

They’ll lose my support if they don’t make us competitive for 2021 as was their stated goal they’ve never wavered from. Until then benefit of the doubt remains for me.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I never had faith, I had hope and was willing to not judge them harshly until the cap pressure was eased and they could sign players for 2021.

Fast forward two plus years and here we are.. Still with a sub standard coach, still a bottom five club, one signing for next season and no youngsters developed to show for the "rebuild" which was a key promise of the new board.

Time is running out to fix the above for 2021. If they pull off a miracle and recruit well and fire Pay, they'll have my faith. Til then I still remain hopeful but less and less so by the day.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I voted yes because we seem very lost at the moment.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
They did pretty much what I thought they would despite the propaganda spewed on here by certain posters claiming otherwise.

I can understand doing things this way even if I don't agree with it, I can live with that. What frustrated me was the lack of detail in other areas they had full control over and just a general lack of being proactive. The constant crying, excuses after excuse and begging for money was also embarrassing.

Can they do a better job from next season on? Probably. I expect them to lift their game but still fall short of where they need to be at. Didn't lose faith in them as I never really had it to begin with.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
They fronted the membership two years ago and were very open about the state of things. They made it clear we could not be competitive again until 2021.

Many had expectations of signing announcements from last November and when that didn’t happen (apart from Thompson) it’s assumed nothing else has been done. Give it until the end of the season, the transfer window hasn’t even closed yet. Judgement should be on the 2021 roster and how things start to turn from next season.

They’ll lose my support if they don’t make us competitive for 2021 as was their stated goal they’ve never wavered from. Until then benefit of the doubt remains for me.
Dink have you put back your line in the sand?
You've always previously said wait and see till end of June...now you reckon wait and see till end of the year for any signings.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Dink have you put back your line in the sand?
You've always previously said wait and see till end of June...now you reckon wait and see till end of the year for any signings.
No, I said wait until after 30 June which is when the transfer window closes. That doesn’t mean to expect a swag of announcements on 1 July either and why I say wait until the end of the season. Slightly different ways of saying the same thing.

I still won’t pass judgement until mid 2021 as let’s assume roster improvement and see how they go on the park next year (coaching change or not). That will be my measure and in line with what they said. They’re here until early 2022 at the earliest anyway...

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have never really had a beef with the current board, but if they keep showing blind faith in pay and the way he’s running the team that will change.They also need to lift their game as far as recruitment and retention of players goes.

Last edited: