Morgan Harper to manly

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t believe we are letting Morgan Harper go to manly cause we need more experience and are going after has been Bryson Goodwin ,what’s happened to our club ?
Signed for two years with eagles and also asked for a release.
I’m not happy about this terrible management decision.

Article below-
Bulldogs set to loss Morgan Harper

The Daily Telegraph can also reveal rising centre Morgan Harper, 22, will be leaving the club at the end of this season after he signed with the Manly Sea Eagles on a two year deal.

It makes the decision to allow Harper, who has been at Belmore since he was 15 years old, all the more curious.

Harper agreed to terms with the Sea Eagles before COVID-19 forced the competition into shutdown.

And after limited opportunities to make a name for himself at Belmore, the youngster asked for an immediate release from the Bulldogs to join Des Hasler’s Sea Eagles in 2020 but the request was denied.

Harper, who made his NRL debut in round 25 in season 2019, has not been named in the side since but is highly regarded among his teammates at Canterbury.

After slumping to their third-straight loss against the Sea Eagles at Gosford, senior

Bulldogs players urged coach Pay to consider adding Harper to the starting side at centre as part of a backline shake-up.

Pay will make mass changes to the side he named on Tuesday, including a back five shake-up, but Harper still won’t take the field against St George Illawarra on Monday with Jake Averillo and Reimis Smith preferred at centre.

Last edited:

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To be completely fair he does float in and out of games. So probably concentration and consistently is something he needed to work on. But never had a crack at first grade to test it out.

Funny we lack centres and backs and let a untested kid walk. Shocking if true. Might have been haslers final departing gift, his golden hand shake :unamused: soft decision regardless. Especially considering we brought in Crichton for 2 years instead of throwing a bone to someone like Harper to prove himself.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Fmd, finally have a couple kids come through and he can't get a run. On the flip side this i want it all now mentality from players. Let's have a trade period or internal draft system . Harper want to go further his career, ask for a trade or sit with Sancho and sook.

Last edited:

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
He should be centre not smith
100%. Smith is not a centre. Unless behind closed doors there is an issue with harpers attitude. Sometimes managers stir shit up and have a preference where are player ends up. Sux how good suli ended up. Hope he breaks a leg lol.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
More great junior development.. What did he get, two games? And he dominated Staggs all game in one of them.. Heaps of opportunity to prove himself..

If this is true and they're trying to sign old ass Bryson Goodwin then that would be pathetic.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought Harper outplayed Remis in all pre-season trials. Shame he didn’t get a shot in round 1. In saying that I don’t think he is a huge loss in the scheme of things.

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
Can I please have the DT article. As well as that DO NOT TRUST DT. OK.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I thought Harper outplayed Remis in all pre-season trials. Shame he didn’t get a shot in round 1. In saying that I don’t think he is a huge loss in the scheme of things.
Wouldn’t be hard to outplay Remis as a center

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
More great junior development.. What did he get, two games? And he dominated Staggs all game in one of them.. Heaps of opportunity to prove himself..

If this is true and they're trying to sign old ass Bryson Goodwin then that would be pathetic.
If you’ve watched him the past 2 seasons in NSW Cup very inconsistent, has some attitude but probably did deserve a shot this season all things considered. Hopefully the Club agreeing him to release him is a sign that a quality, long term outside back signing is imminent.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If you’ve watched him the past 2 seasons in NSW Cup very inconsistent, has some attitude but probably did deserve a shot this season all things considered. Hopefully the Club agreeing him to release him is a sign that a quality, long term outside back signing is imminent.
Oh don't get me wrong, I don't think he'll come back to haunt us as a superstar or anything, I just think he deserved some more games in FG.

You would like to think so. If it was for Goodwin as rumoured, that would make no sense.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem is now with no reggies any half decent player who ain’t picked or dropped will seek a release at the figs and abroad it’s purely to scare the club into floating there egos what makes u think des will give him a run every week Hasler will pick the same team week in and out if his stupid kpa’s are met

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Can I please have the DT article. As well as that DO NOT TRUST DT. OK.
A relative has not directly confirmed on FB but reading between the lines, with statements by upset fans being LIKED then its true.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
If we wanted experience why let the morris boys go they are killing it at the moment.
But this is the problem, we can't seem to get the best out of players old or new. We have greater issues than just the coach.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
But this is the problem, we can't seem to get the best out of players old or new. We have greater issues than just the coach.
Yes true but that says COACH more than anything else...or do you have another theory?

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should return the favour and raid Manly too. We should go after Ben Turbo the same way we went after Josh Morris all those years ago. I’d also think now is the perfect time to approach Albert Hopoate. He could be our long term answer in the fullback role

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
The only thing I see is the club has sights set on a gun centre. If averillo is a long term centre and the other kids are long term prospects maybe harper and his demands are excessive. Other fringe 1st graders will be scratching at a chance. Xerri 2 years away lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We should return the favour and raid Manly too. We should go after Ben Turbo the same way we went after Josh Morris all those years ago. I’d also think now is the perfect time to approach Albert Hopoate. He could be our long term answer in the fullback role
I can't see Ben Turbo leaving with his two brothers there. Albert Hoppa might be persuaded to leave, especially with Will at the club.