The most overrated suburbs in Sydney

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Each section of Sydney has a suburb that people think it's the best of the best.. but sometimes they are overrated.. my example is below... What's your most overrated suburb and why?

Harrington Grove in the south west of Sydney. People there think their shit don't stink. They pay community fees for security and maintenence on common facilities such as club house and pool tennis court.. the suburb is full of concrete, near nothing and the residents think it's Hollywood .

But just a stone's throw away we have Claymore.. a professor labelled it the neediest suburb in Sydney.

Worst rate of unemployment, lowest rate of skilled labour, highest court convictions of imprisonment (dumb crooks) the youngest average age of resident (20years old) , housing NSW owns 94% of the houses with 86% of them rented. The council only maintains the main Street with all other streets full of debree and old mattresses, burnt cars etc.

So how can Harrington Grove which is next door to claymore be in any way considered as for the rich and successful??? Please ....

Last edited:

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Claim more lol.
Is that next to Aids?

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Will you be attending the "crap suburbs matter " protest march tomorrow?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Claim more lol.
Is that next to Aids?
That's the one.. all those suburbs are cut from the same cloth... Airds Raby Minto... Then people of Harrington Grove, same area think it's Hollywood where they live.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Even Airds has a new estate built next to it. I bet they're glad they bought there lol.
I wonder how many times a week they get robbed? :p

P.S Mino, where I live, is no where near as bad as it once was. A lot of the housos got demolished years ago. Granted there's still 40-something grandma's prowling the aisles of Woolies with no footwear, but hey you get that...

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Rabies lol
That's the one.. all those suburbs are cut from the same cloth... Airds Raby Minto... Then people of Harrington Grove, same area think it's Hollywood where they live.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Breakfast Point

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mt druitt and shalvey are overrated

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Olympic park has become a ghetto of cold and lifeless apartment buildings filled with Airbnb guests

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I do think its funny when a part of a suburb changes its name to ___ Park/Heights etc to sound less shit.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cronulla, st George, Redfern, all of the eastern suburbs, manly, Campbeltown, Parramatta, Penrith = all riff raff

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Each section of Sydney has a suburb that people think it's the best of the best.. but sometimes they are overrated.. my example is below... What's your most overrated suburb and why?

Harrington Grove in the south west of Sydney. People there think their shit don't stink. They pay community fees for security and maintenence on common facilities such as club house and pool tennis court.. the suburb is full of concrete, near nothing and the residents think it's Hollywood .

But just a stone's throw away we have Claymore.. a professor labelled it the neediest suburb in Sydney.

Worst rate of unemployment, lowest rate of skilled labour, highest court convictions of imprisonment (dumb crooks) the youngest average age of resident (20years old) , housing NSW owns 94% of the houses with 86% of them rented. The council only maintains the main Street with all other streets full of debree and old mattresses, burnt cars etc.

So how can Harrington Grove which is next door to claymore be in any way considered as for the rich and successful??? Please ....
Live in the Harrington Park original section with paid security and community fees and can confirm all of this. Family bought in 15 years ago when not as bad as described haha