NSW Upper House blocks Government's bid to freeze public sector wages as coronavirus hits economy

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All wages have been stagnant for a decade so why would workers expect to get anything from a this situation? I've not seen a bigger moot point in my life.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Public service wage rises frequently out page wage increases in the private sector.

I would be ok with a 12 month freeze on public sector wages at a time when the private sector wages have gone backwards.
That bs the last 8 year pay rise Ps in NSW have been cap at 2.5% after savings delivered only 1.5% as default. So with CPI PS have been copping it.

Only senior servant have been given pay rises which bs decisions by Great tribunal.

Also Ps can't negotiate pay and only within bandwidth when they accept job are on boarded.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Your right but beauty of contracting out is, when the workloads gone so are they. No people hanging round doing nothing and don’t have to pay them out. All liabilities are passed onto the principal contractor. I’ve worked in both public and private sectors. Probably 15 years in public. The conditions and workloads I found were and are way ahead of the private sector. The amount of leave we got whether sick, flexis, long service was way above award. I was always busy, but I chose to be. Many people stood back and did nothing, and got away with it. Or just side shifted to another section/department
Same here mate - 15 years in public sector. We get good conditions but that's because the pay (and in some cases work) is so crappy. Also rundown offices don't help. The thing is we don't get to accumulate flexi and we can't use them in the same manner we use annual leave. The best thing is the long service leave which they can't make us use. That's why I think temp staff are better than contractors. Get them in to do the job, then that's it. It beats paying people overs when a temp can do the same thing.