News St George Illawarra rocked by Jason Saab’s request for release from contract

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
St George Illawarra has plunged into further chaos with rising star Jason Saab asking for an immediate release from his contract.

Five clubs including Manly, South Sydney, Wests Tigers and Melbourne are after the 19-year-old while the Warriors are also keen.

Four of those clubs have premiership-winning coaches
Saab officially asked for a release from the final two years of his contract yesterday. The winless Dragons are reluctant to let him go and have asked for an urgent meeting with Saab’s manager.

Saab was a rare shining light for the Dragons last year, scoring three tries from as many matches after making his debut in round 19.
Shoulder and foot injuries ended his season prematurely but the NSW under-18s and 20s and Australian Schoolboys representative has been overlooked for an NRL spot this year despite the Dragons lacklustre start to the year. That and constant travel from his western Sydney home to Wollongong has led to his request for an early exit.

At 199cm he stands 3cm taller than the likes of Daniel Tupou and Edrick Lee making him an obvious aerial threat particularly under the new rules where attacking players cannot be tackled in mid-air.

The Warriors have also expressed an interest in potentially loaning Saab for this season.

We should look at him

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Depends on why he wants out of his contract...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Read the post...
Sorry, will rephrase...

Deoends in the REAL reason for him wanting out.

If it's for the reasons in the article, he sounds a bit precious...

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I always thought of it as height/strength/speed. You can only have 2. Not sure who this guy is. Haven’t really watched a saints game since 2009 :p

But if you have height and speed you lack strength. If you have strength and speed you lack height. If you have height and strength you lack speed. Not sure who this kid is and how he plays. But do you really need a 2m tall winger :p he’d get chopped in so many tackles being that tall.

I’d rather someone 6”1 that can leap like a frog, run like the wind, and hit like a brick shit house. Am I asking too much? :p

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He'd be mad to sign with us if Storm and Manly are interested

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If he is whining about the travel from western Sydney to Wollongong , Melbourne will be a struggle.
That's true, but moving is always an option lol. The way tigers are building he'd be dumb not to consider them especially of they keep Grant

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Be an improvement to our backline. So no. Keep Crichton until montoya is ready.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s not over 30 and doesn’t have a looong injury history... that’s the two main things we look for

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Probably end up at Melbourne as Addo Carr on the way out. Getting coached by a marquee coach like Bellamy is a big attraction too.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is it a coincidence that the two shitiest teams in the NRL whose coaches are under the pump, have the same philosophy...not giving the youngsters a go? Then they wonder why they lose players to other clubs where they shine!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We have not only lost a lot of talent over the years (and big names) we also fail to sign the right players when the chance arises or is there for the taking, Recently because of cap etc, yea ok.. but boy oh boy, better decisions could have been made here an there, and we would have been a pretty quality team right now.!!!

also, the dragons are shit.. but they do have a better spine than us (just) and look like they have made the same mistakes as we have. Regarding players..
and as for these new rules, the game is ridiculous, is only going to be one sided Mostly, and one team will always carve up. Unless Of corse it’s Eels/roosters and a few Others who the game suits as to how quick it is now.

that’s my lot..!!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Top young player of course our retarded recruitment aren’t chasing him fmd

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We have not only lost a lot of talent over the years (and big names) we also fail to sign the right players when the chance arises or is there for the taking, Recently because of cap etc, yea ok.. but boy oh boy, better decisions could have been made here an there, and we would have been a pretty quality team right now.!!!

also, the dragons are shit.. but they do have a better spine than us (just) and look like they have made the same mistakes as we have. Regarding players..
and as for these new rules, the game is ridiculous, is only going to be one sided Mostly, and one team will always carve up. Unless Of corse it’s Eels/roosters and a few Others who the game suits as to how quick it is now.

that’s my lot..!!
Honestly. This is the type of signing I'd expect the club to sign up. No ... I'll rephrase that ... To HAVE SIGNED up already by now. Exactly the mould we're looking for. We've lost a winger. He's young.

Not going to tear up my 'membership' if we dont' sign him, but surely would be a step in the right direction if we do.