Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Real Madrid rolled out the red carpet to try to convince Harvey Elliott to sign for them. There was a tour of the Bernabeu & he was asked if he wanted to meet Sergio Ramos. He replied: "No, it’s OK thanks. I don’t like him after what he did to Mo Salah.”

LOL.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Breaking: Premier League shareholders meeting finished.

Five susbstites rule change approved.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fuck sake Werner joining Chelsea while we pulled out because of "financial issues" ffs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Unfortunately it's just the way it is. Was ours to lose, and we lost him. Such is life. We go on. COVID-19 eh?
Should've known this wasn't going to happen as soon as the club furloughed staff..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fuck me I'm furious, fucking *****

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why? Mate, we've been down this road before.

Fuck. We signed no one at the start of the year and look what happened? It is what it is. Leaves money for Sancho ;)
We're going to make a £5m signing and that's probably it...Werner was a great fit at a great price and we've let him slip through our fingers because FSG didn't want to pay up. Bet Klopp is filthy.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We're going to make a £5m signing and that's probably it...Werner was a great fit at a great price and we've let him slip through our fingers because FSG didn't want to pay up. Bet Klopp is filthy.
We make a 5m signing we make a 5m signing. It's just the way it is. Agree that Werner was a great fit, but I personally would want to wait a year and get Sancho over Werner. Let's wait and see what's going to happen.

Klopp filthy? He's not stupid mate. he knows what the club's about and we're never going to be bankrolled into any signing. Take a step back. Relax. We're going to be OK mate :grinning:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We make a 5m signing we make a 5m signing. It's just the way it is. Agree that Werner was a great fit, but I personally would want to wait a year and get Sancho over Werner. Let's wait and see what's going to happen.

Klopp filthy? He's not stupid mate. he knows what the club's about and we're never going to be bankrolled into any signing. Take a step back. Relax. We're going to be OK mate :grinning:
Nothing is going to happen, there will be another "reason" not to spend next window like always. Minimal spend last two windows, FSG turned a profit, new Nike kit deal, Champions League winners, soon to be EPL winners...na let's not consolidate and let our top target go to a rival.
Yes Klopp will be filthy, all the time and effort eventuated to nothing and will now see Werner line up for Chelsea.

FSG has done a tremendous job so far but this is hard to cop even under the current circumstances. If clubs like Spurs and Arsenal go out and buy this window then it will only make things look worse.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nothing is going to happen, there will be another "reason" not to spend next window like always. Minimal spend last two windows, FSG turned a profit, new Nike kit deal, Champions League winners, soon to be EPL winners...na let's not consolidate and let our top target go to a rival.
Yes Klopp will be filthy, all the time and effort eventuated to nothing and will now see Werner line up for Chelsea.

FSG has done a tremendous job so far but this is hard to cop even under the current circumstances. If clubs like Spurs and Arsenal go out and buy this window then it will only make things look worse.
HAha I see your negativity isn't only reserved for the Dogs then man. Each to their own. I'm going to enjoy #19 myself but feel free losing your shit over Werner

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
HAha I see your negativity isn't only reserved for the Dogs then man. Each to their own. I'm going to enjoy #19 myself but feel free losing your shit over Werner
It's not the end of the world, just hugely disappointing and potentially knocks us down a gear or two over the next year.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fuck sake Werner joining Chelsea while we pulled out because of "financial issues" ffs
Or Klopp didn't want him. He did turn us down last season when we made an approach. That was his chance to come , he declined. The last 3-4 months all the reports have stated how much Werner wanted to come to Liverpool. So my thought is, someone at LFC knocked him back this time.
That's 60 million we will save for somebody else...perhaps somebody better

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's not the end of the world, just hugely disappointing and potentially knocks us down a gear or two over the next year.
Again though. Thought we were in a spot of bother this year when not buying a single first grade player coming into the start of the season. Look how that ended up?

I think people get too carried away with emotions, and this transfer no go is an example. FSG have made no qualms about who they are. Our club is a business, and will be run so it remains self-sufficient. Whether you like it or not, that's the way they're run things and considering we're current Champions League holders, and incumbant Premier League winners by a record margain you can't argue with their approach.

• Nike deal is structured around % of shirt sales. This will obviously be MUCH lower than previously. But we can't predict how much
  • £100m+ to be paid back to Sky though this has been deferred till 2021 I believe
  • CL money low as all clubs from PL were still in and we got knocked out
  • Soon to be economic depression around the world that experts say is going to be the worse in many many years
There are so many unknowns to the current situation that the club was never going to spend that money. Clearly we tried to low ball it (realise the release fee was set but we still tried), and had hoped Werner would help us in that regard like other players have. He didn't. Klopp would've expected for him to do that but he chose to go with Chelsea.

One aspect many people aren't talking about is when the went back on our original decision to seek government support to pay our staff. As a result we’ve furloughed NO staff so all those staff being paid with NO income. That adds up.

OK. We could take loans to pay for players etc. like Spurs, United and a host of other clubs but we've been down that route before with Hicks and Gillett ... that ended well.

Would Werner have been an amazing signing? Yes. Without doubt. But keep in mind that Salah, Mane weren't our first choice signings either and that ended up OK.

We'll be OK. We'll plug the gaps with some loan based signings. That Dembele from Barca is an example. We'll be OK.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Or Klopp didn't want him. He did turn us down last season when we made an approach. That was his chance to come , he declined. The last 3-4 months all the reports have stated how much Werner wanted to come to Liverpool. So my thought is, someone at LFC knocked him back this time.
That's 60 million we will save for somebody else...perhaps somebody better
Exactly this. Of course it sounded brilliant but we move on.

Anyone who wants to doubt our transfer dealings really needs to have a look at themself as time and again we've proved to be right. Time and again. We will get the right player for us. If this means we get Sancho next year who's a better player, and will be absolutely immense then .... no one will be complaining. But even if we don't, I'm certain we'll get the right players for next year. We won't be spending 50m+ but we'll get in players that make us better.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Klopp: “At the moment, all clubs are losing money. Without spectators, we have to pay back the season tickets and probably sell none next year. Discussing with the players about things like salary waivers and on the other hand buying a player for £50-60m, we have to explain.”

Just the reality of the situation. Klopp isn't stupid. No doubt he wanted Werner to hang on for another year but he went for the money at Chelsea. There really wasn't much we could do. I'd expect us to get a loan to buy option on someone if anything. Without the African Nations Cup in the next season, there wasn't such a pressing need for Werner.

Would've been damned good to have got him though. But we move on.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Should've done the whole story really from Klopp ...

"There are all sorts of rumours in England about who Manchester United are going to pick, Chelsea are going to pick," he said.

"It's rather quiet here (at Liverpool) at the moment, I think it's safe to say. If you want to take it seriously and run a normal business and depend on income and have no idea how much you will earn... especially because we don't know when we can start playing with spectators again.

"At the moment, all clubs are losing money. Without spectators, we have to pay back the season tickets and probably sell none next year. At least maybe without the first 10 or 15 games. The VIP areas won't be packed and the tickets won't be sold. This will have an impact on other partners and things will look a bit different.

"Discussing with the players about things like salary waivers and on the other hand buying a player for £50-60m, we have to explain."

Wish it could be different. Would've thought we'd had gone after Werner but the uncertainty of it all is understandable. We'll plug gaps this year, like most other teams. Looking at any squad in the EPL and their current squad I believe we're easily the best placed. City's squad is aging and they've got a ban. Chelsea haven't bought for 2 windows and need to heavily invest. Spurs are a mess. Arsenal the same. United decent platform but still need 4-5 players.

It isn't ideal but ...

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Should've done the whole story really from Klopp ...

"There are all sorts of rumours in England about who Manchester United are going to pick, Chelsea are going to pick," he said.

"It's rather quiet here (at Liverpool) at the moment, I think it's safe to say. If you want to take it seriously and run a normal business and depend on income and have no idea how much you will earn... especially because we don't know when we can start playing with spectators again.

"At the moment, all clubs are losing money. Without spectators, we have to pay back the season tickets and probably sell none next year. At least maybe without the first 10 or 15 games. The VIP areas won't be packed and the tickets won't be sold. This will have an impact on other partners and things will look a bit different.

"Discussing with the players about things like salary waivers and on the other hand buying a player for £50-60m, we have to explain."

Wish it could be different. Would've thought we'd had gone after Werner but the uncertainty of it all is understandable. We'll plug gaps this year, like most other teams. Looking at any squad in the EPL and their current squad I believe we're easily the best placed. City's squad is aging and they've got a ban. Chelsea haven't bought for 2 windows and need to heavily invest. Spurs are a mess. Arsenal the same. United decent platform but still need 4-5 players.

It isn't ideal but ...
And then we sign Mbappe .....lol