News Dean Pay’s future ‘on Bulldogs radar’ as Kent fumes he was set up to fail

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel for Pay and respect what he has done for the club previously as a player but as a coach he knew what he was getting himself into. Surely he knew the sorry state of the salary cap and that acceptable results would be hard to come by. I think he was hoping for some kind of cinderella story where he could coach a group of second string players to the top. We can all see how that went. The decision to replace Pay looks to be a no-brainer but where do they find a quality coach to replace him who can also bring the long list of quality players that the club desperately needs?
The only way we can get out of this mess is by keeping Pay as coach and appointing a director of coaching, and the only one I would have as a coaching director would be Bennet. He is the best person who could attract players, and as the director of coaching he could pass on a few hints to Pay such as team selections and positions.
At present it would be almost impossible to attract a half decent coach. Prior to signing Pay it was reported that the club tried to sign Maguire, apparently he had a look at the books and turned us down, the club should not sack Pay until it is sure it can sign someone better. I believe that bennet is finishing up at the rabbits end of season, I believe we have a much better chance of attracting players if Bennet was announced.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if Kent put a bet on that Pay won’t be the first coach sacked so he is doing his best to persuade everyone he is doing well :p

He probably has money on a dark horse in this one :p

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I wonder if Kent put a bet on that Pay won’t be the first coach sacked so he is doing his best to persuade everyone he is doing well :p

He probably has money on a dark horse in this one :p
Maybe he put a bet on Pay getting Coach of the Year lol

BULLDOG 4 LIFE

Waterboy
Reaction score
We have only scored 24 points in 3 games this year. That tells you everything you need to know on how badly coached we are

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
His team selections tell me his got no idear,wakeham not in the 17,Smith in the centres ,dwz at fullback big-time out of form

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd prefer you to be genuine rivals. It would at least make the banter better.
Well how about you get your recruitment and retention staff to show ours how to shuffle the brown paper bags around?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Every man and his fucking dog knew that pay was taking on a crappy roster including dean but he put his hand up for the job. This side hasn’t improved one bit in pays tenure, no one seriously expected premierships or top four finishes but we didn’t expect them to go backwards either.
Pay is cooked and out of ideas.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 15121
Bulldogs fan here : u got nothing. Loser
What do you want me to say?

You're (not your as you so frequently use) nothing but a useless waste of space.
Creating a zillion profiles, spouting out illegible comments (some of them shamefully racist) with zero substance that would make a five year old embarrassed.

Seriously, you are one of the most useless tits I've ever come across on this forum (which is no easy feat) well done, here's your prize,
there you go.

golden-douchebag-award.jpg
Now please retreat back to your underpass and stay there

Last edited:

El Mag-Nick

Waterboy
Reaction score
Dean Pay knew the situation and playing group he signed up to coach, he backed himself as the man who can get results from that group of players in those circumstances and hasn't been successful. Anyone who took the reigns after the Hasler/Dibb/Castle mess was always going to have their work cut out for them, but they applied because they thought they were capable of getting success. The fact the attack has not improved in the entire time Pay has been here is on him, and in a results based business nobody can complain if he is held accountable. Nobody expected him to win the premiership with this roster, but improvement was expected. The first 0-3 start since the 90's is reason enough for the coach to be under pressure.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
What happened to his maiden speech,I'm going to instill the bulldog DNA back in ha ha to funny

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really its a coach's dream. Full salary cap to work with. Bring in their fav players. The nucleus of players here already can be worked on. Club at its knees so you'd have reasonable autonomy (at least for the first year) but you'd have to have immediate impact...hence no inexperienced coaches or plodders pls.. The 2021 coach must have a well thought out targetting of essential players who can get the job done. Get on well with player managers and a 3 year plan targetting Under 20's, Aust school boys and know every other clubs roster's contract expiry dates backwards, sideways and any which way he can. The retention committee, and our GM Football, Steve Price, needs to step up as well for this situation to turn around.
Agree. Had they signed a new coach, he could just clean up in 2020 and build his team from 2021. Money to spend, space in the roster and under the cap. He could get his team quicker.

Yet the board decided to extend pays contract. Dont really buy the argument he is not getting supports from the board

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
View attachment 15121

What do you want me to say?

You're (not your as you so frequently use) nothing but a useless waste off space.
Creating a zillion profiles, spouting out illegible comments (some of them shamefully racist) with zero substance that would make a five year old embarrassed.

Seriously, you are one of the most useless tits I've ever come across on this forum (which is no easy feat) well done, here's your prize,
there you go.

View attachment 15122
Now please retreat back to your underpass and stay there
Bulldogs fan here: what’s your beef son , always coming at me, all up in my business. How da fuck am I racist?
Be cool man.... like me!

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said it ages ago who ever took over from Hasler was gonna be the seat warmer and the coach who preceded pay would get success.the club won’t really put pressure on him until they in the position too make a play in the player market and for a quality coach coach no quality coach would come near us to be honest

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: what’s your beef son , always coming at me, all up in my business. How da fuck am I racist?
Be cool man.... like me!
Honestly don’t waste your time with him.
He’s just a sad little boy and wannabe comedian who offers no decent contribution to the forum. Look at every post, a childish, catty little comment

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like Dean Pay, he has taken on a monumental task in coaching the dogs over this period. I don’t agree with playing guys out of position and some of the team selections and he has to shoulder the blame for this.

Losing 2 players at the start of the season no doubt screwed him big time, especially CHN arguably our best player.

The truth is even Craig Bellamy couldn’t get this side in the top 8 imo

Last edited:

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well how about you get your recruitment and retention staff to show ours how to shuffle the brown paper bags around?
Paper bags are so 90's, bitcoin is the medium of choice these days for nefarious endeavours. But I'll tell you what, you guys learn how to implement isolation protocols properly and then we'll talk about graduating to more complex things.