John Bateman

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2021 is looking like another rebuilding year...............we need to be more aggressive in the market. Hopefully some signings soon. But will anyone sign not knowing who the coach is going to be next year?

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Recurring shoulder injuries are no joke and can derail a career. Bateman is a great player and I hope we see him back to his best but considering he's asking for 800k and a four year deal, that's too much of a risk for someone who has had two shoulder surgeries in a short period of time.
Has been reported that the surgery is just to clean up a few side issues with the previous surgery.
Should be OK for 2021.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Best will be a gun. Not sure when he’s contracts up though. Would be a good buy!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Go all out for fifita and haas
Na. Go all out on Munster, Keary and Brandon Smith. Our spine is one of the worst in the competition and other positions and players will look better with a capable spine. If we're strictly only able to get players off contract we can't do that tho. We need to be aggressive.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Na. Go all out on Munster, Keary and Brandon Smith. Our spine is one of the worst in the competition and other positions and players will look better with a capable spine. If we're strictly only able to get players off contract we can't do that tho. We need to be aggressive.
Smith yeah for sure, what then for Wakeham, Averillo and Bindi?? Hooker is a must.
All would be great to have but then we are throwing our best prospects to the curb.
Either way its a tough call.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Smith yeah for sure, what then for Wakeham, Averillo and Bindi?? Hooker is a must.
All would be great to have but then we are throwing our best prospects to the curb.
I haven't seen enough to be confident in Averillo and Wakeham as our halves pairing moving forward. I think we should only run with one of them and have an experienced half beside them. I'd find a spot for both of them tho, with somewhere like the centres for Averillo. We've already waited three years to just get to this point where we can start recruiting players that are going to make a difference and I want to be competitive in 2021. I just think if we can we need to be recruiting in the spine as what we have now is one of the worst spines in the competition which affects all other positions and players the most.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That's why I think keep Foran around and invest in a hooker that will elevate the spine.

1 Averillo
6 Foran
7 Wakeham
9 Smith/Grant/Friend/Watson/Roache/anyone better than JMK or Katoa.

LucasFitzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Look i am sure Averillo could end up being a good player but everyone just slotting him at fullback straight away and thinking perfect thats sorted is deluded >< haha
He hasnt even played one game there and cant tackle lol

Grant throw the cheque book at and never look back

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Look i am sure Averillo could end up being a good player but everyone just slotting him at fullback straight away and thinking perfect thats sorted is deluded >< haha

well i think that would fast track his development to being a good player, as opposed to playing 5-10 mins off the bench?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

No one thinks it's sorted, we'd just rather him in the team playing instead of persisting with DWZ who has clearly hit his ceiling and is never going to be anywhere good enough at fullback. But yes, throwing him in at fullback could potentially go very bad with poor preparation.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to pass on this bloke.
Another that seems to have a chip on his shoulder......

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We need to pass on this bloke.
Another that seems to have a chip on his shoulder......
Who should we sign bro? Slim pickings and fuck all seem to be available.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who should we sign bro? Slim pickings and fuck all seem to be available.
there is always someone willing to break a contract for a better deal ala matterson... dogs need to go poaching