John Bateman

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon Hodgson makes a lot of Canberra players look good. Bateman would turn to shit with JMK at hooker...

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The longer this drags out, the more I don't want Bateman.
He can either go back to England or go to the dragons.

I'm probably in the minority here but could care less
The longer this drags out? It’s been like 2 weeks. People have been waiting 10+ years for JT and SBW to come back

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I reckon Hodgson makes a lot of Canberra players look good. Bateman would turn to shit with JMK at hooker...
Fmd if anyone at the bulldogs has JMK in their plans for anything more than a back up utility than this club has no fucking hope.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
If Wigan throw 3.5 or even 3 at Bateman then he may as well put on his kilt and play the bagpipes because he will be back home with his daughter, knowing he nailed the NRL and possibly this year getting a premiership.

we might still get him for 2021.

Otherwise it looks like my prediction his once again accurate, we will get him for 750k.
I think we will know for sure by the end of June. Raiders still need to counter offer.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Bateman is out injured indefinitely

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No wonder Bateman is chasing a big pay day he needs another shoulder op.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
And that should be the end of that.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So he’s basically fucked and needs to take the $600k or whatever he’s on?
For now mate. It sounds pretty serious

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And that should be the end of that.
Now that it's come out that he's injury prone and homesick, the club will probably chuck a 1.6 mil a year 5 year deal at him to beat Wigan to the punch and get their man!! :tonguewink:

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
  • LIVE: Raiders star Bateman set for more shoulder surgery and another long lay-off
NRL PREMIERSHIP

John Bateman will require further shoulder surgery.Source: News Regional Media

BATEMAN SET FOR SURGERY AND LONGER LAY-OFF

The Raiders confirmed in a statement that John Bateman will require additional shoulder surgery which will keep him sidelined.

A time frame on his recovery will be known post-surgery.

Bateman met with the surgeon on Wednesday and the best ccourse of action was determined to have the surgery.

The 26-year-old is expected to make a full recovery and will be working hard to get himself back on the field this season.

Bateman is devastated by the setback, however, the England international is determined to work as hard as he can to get back on the field as soon as possible to help the Raiders charge for the title.

“I’m gutted to be having surgery again but it’s what’s best for me and the team and to help me get back on the field as soon as possible,” Bateman said.

“I’ll be working harder than ever with my rehab to get myself back on the field with the lads. See you all soon.”

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
For now mate. It sounds pretty serious
Shit...you reckon we were a good chance? I feel like even though we have some good young guys coming through we have a hole since CHN got sacked

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Shit...you reckon we were a good chance? I feel like even though we have some good young guys coming through we have a hole since CHN got sacked
A very good chance mate but this injury is a real worry

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope we don't have another Foran on our hands by signing this guy.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope we don't have another Foran on our hands by signing this guy.
I was just going to say you guys may have dodged another Foran. :grinning: His new manager will be pissed as his asking price just plummeted.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Recurring shoulder injuries are no joke and can derail a career. Bateman is a great player and I hope we see him back to his best but considering he's asking for 800k and a four year deal, that's too much of a risk for someone who has had two shoulder surgeries in a short period of time.