News Dean Pay’s future ‘on Bulldogs radar’ as Kent fumes he was set up to fail

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is Pay the man to lead us to a Premiership? No, sadly he's not.

He's made positive impacts here and there, especially in defense. But even with defense, it's not consistently good week in and out. It's like a different team is running out weekly.

By biggest issue with Pay is there just seems to be no plan and there's never any reaction when things need to change. For that reason I think it is time to look elsewhere.

The new coach needs to be experienced and has runs on the board. No more rebuild bullshit, just buy and get cracking from the get-go. We did it in 2008-2009, the Roosters have done it numerous times in the last decade... the whole concept of rebuilding comes from coaches and CEOs BSing to keep their jobs for as long as possible.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
For me that's what it comes down to. We have 1 chance with this open cheque book for 2021, do we trust Pay to spend it wisely and has he proven that he can? For me, his team selections etc answers that question!
Do you really think Pay has much say in recruitment?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you ever thought we were a realistic chance of winning the premiership in the last two years and this year I'm sorry to tell you but you don't understand the situation we're in. We have a bottom four roster on paper and a rebuild coach. Next year we'll add 2-3m (not including Thompson) worth of more talent and we'll have a more competitive roster. Nathan Brown at the Knights had a 26% win rate which includes the last season he was there with a competitive roster. Pay has met expectations (and like I said statistically passed) and there is nothing you can give or tell me that shows otherwise.
What are you talking about I said we were never a chance of winning a premiership the last two years? We don’t know what the club’s expectations are and we have different expectations too. Ladder position means nothing to me. If Pay had managed to develop a handful of players that would be genuine contributors next year that would be enough for me.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What are you talking about I said we were never a chance of winning a premiership the last two years? We don’t know what the club’s expectations are and we have different expectations too. Ladder position means nothing to me. If Pay had managed to develop a handful of players that would be genuine contributors next year that would be enough for me.
If your expectations were much more than 15th then they were/are wrong. I was/am hoping we'd finish outside the bottom four like we've been able to do the last two seasons. Next year I'll have higher expectations.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If your expectations were much more than 15th then they were/are wrong. I was/am hoping we'd finish outside the bottom four like we've been able to do the last two seasons. Next year I'll have higher expectations.
As I said I didn’t have any expectations on ladder positions because it was irrelevant to me.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: if he is let go it’s not a bulldogs thing to do. Let’s hope he is kept as tackling coach . Thanks deano..... up hours chimpster
Each time you post it makes less and less sense, which says a lot because it was gibberish to begin with

You on the glass pipe again?

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Read above. It's a fact Pay (and the team) overachieved last year if we're looking at W/L's and where we finished on the table. You're just unable to set realistic expectations, not my fault.
fuk me dead....

even his own team is questioning what his doing

I know the expectations and underqualified

do you?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kent OUT

How on earth does this clown mention "conspiracy theory" in regards to our team under performing?

Watch with your own eyes Kent YOU CLOWN and see how our attacking structures have progressed under his coaching.

Spudowsky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Setup to fail Lmfaoooooo, bloke still can’t even choose a proper lineup in his third year ahahaha
Exactly.. forget recruitment, salary cap all these things are limited because of the position the club is in. What Pay can control is who runs out on the field and in what position, and in this he is failing

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Read above. It's a fact Pay (and the team) overachieved last year if we're looking at W/L's and where we finished on the table. You're just unable to set realistic expectations, not my fault.
Geez you talk crap!

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kent OUT

How on earth does this clown mention "conspiracy theory" in regards to our team under performing?

Watch with your own eyes Kent YOU CLOWN and see how our attacking structures have progressed under his coaching.
Is Bradyk Brady (Paul) Kent?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree with Kent. A lot of fans still haven't been able to understand the situation we're in.
What situation is that? The situation where we come 12-16th every season and average the least amount of points in the comp during Pay's tenure?

The situation where we haven't got any established young talent to show for the last three seasons of "rebuilding"? Is that the situation you mean?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Everyone attacks News Ltd journos and rightly so.. But now because one talking head says something that matches their opinion on Pay, Paul Kent is all of a sudden the oracle and we're supposed to care what he thinks?

Who's picking and choosing to suit their agenda now? If Kent attacked Pay and said he should be fired tomorrow, those same people would be hammering Kent instead of praising him.