WWOS MOLE Great Britain Test centre Oliver Gildart wants to play in NRL next season

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We would have to offer double to beat roosters. Seriously, if you were coming over from UK or even already in NRL why would you sign with us over the roosters if the coin was the same. We are a shambles atm and look every bit a 2nd grade side and the roosters could very well go 3 in a row. As much as I love the dogs let’s be realistic, it would be an easy decision.
I dunno Joe Burgess might warn him about being used up and spat out by the Chooks

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
n asheed here,
i'll ask my friend in taree this weekend his thoughts and get back to you all. he is never wrong and will know.

For me, he will need to be able to bust a move and have muscle to get out of tackles. No one understand this is why Hoppa is so wrong for us, for our team, but wqould be great in other teams.

he seems to be quick enough.

And importantly, hows his defence?

If he can defend and beat tackles then why not?

if he wants to come cheaply, as they sometimes do, then seriously, nothing to lose.

Bateman is friends with him so theres a ripple effect there if we sign bateman.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I like him...
He seems better than what we have but a lot of those tries were on a platter and we don’t have the skill inside to provide the space for him

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I dunno Joe Burgess might warn him about being used up and spat out by the Chooks
Speaking of Joe, I wouldn't mind seeing him in the nrl again, he had serious speed and I don't think he was used properly and came out during 10 man interchange when bigger was better.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
screw it. roll the dice. give it a shot. sign him

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
screw it. roll the dice. give it a shot. sign him
its not a bad thought process at this stage.

In hr we call this 'Shake and Spill'.

Completely change and churn everything except absolute proven perfomers.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I dont care any more i just want them to sign someone, anyone! Even somone from the Bateaubay Goannas. I just dont care...anyone!
Next minute hill actually announces the signing of Bateau Bay Goannas. Wont even be their best one.

"The left centre declined the offer but the right has happily signed on the dotted line'.

Last edited:

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next minute hill actually announces the signing of Bateau Bay Goannas. Wont even be their best one.

"The left centre declined the offer but the right has happily signed on the dotted line'.
One your best! Just saw on Fox, the St Helens win after the bell, also one of the best.

That’s why I love pommy footy, they attack. I should watch more.

So I wish the Pom was playing Monday.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah pommy footy is better than the NRL as a viewing spectacle.

Some of their tries are Harlem globetrotter stuff. I'm not sure why there aren't more George Williams's here.
The NRL since 2006 has just been slow meat head Tongans bashing into each other and flashing gang signs after scoring tries from decoy running play or grubbers from robotic, pinpoint halves.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah pommy footy is better than the NRL as a viewing spectacle.

Some of their tries are Harlem globetrotter stuff. I'm not sure why there aren't more George Williams's here.
The NRL since 2006 has just been slow meat head Tongans bashing into each other and flashing gang signs after scoring tries from decoy running play or grubbers from robotic, pinpoint halves.
Don't forget the Samoans or there will be trouble.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
We signed Thompson but have lost CHN and Jayden so we haven't actually made any progress really. Just one foot forward, one foot back type of thang.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just going off some highlights footage this bloke looks ok.
Decent acceleration top end speed looks ok, positions his winger really well, draws and passes well.
If his defence is solid he could make a go of it in the NRL.