Official Round 4 - Bulldogs vs Dragons - Discussion Thread

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Could we ask the same of Foran then?
He’s drained the coffers and provided what value in return? Simple fact is no-one is going to jump.
As if Foran cares about the Dogs. Also he shouldn't of been signed in the first place, but that's another thread.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
As if Foran cares about the Dogs. Also he shouldn't of been signed in the first place, but that's another thread.
Correct. No-one is denying the size and scope of the mess - my point is that band-aids like sacking Pay right now aren’t going to change much.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Correct. No-one is denying the size and scope of the mess - my point is that band-aids like sacking Pay right now aren’t going to change much.
Would really love to know what the boys think. Do they accept that their lack of skill is the problem or do they solely blame pay?

BUT

What if pay is a main reason to stop us getting top players for next year? That's what I'm worried about.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Would really love to know what the boys think. Do they accept that their lack of skill is the problem or do they solely blame pay?
Good question. Likely a combo. Don’t think the blame can be placed exclusively anywhere.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hope it fits snugly Chimpy.
The only problem: you’re now supporting a struggling team and coach. Whoops :-).

Umm, have you seen us play?
And who our coach is?
Didn't give that much thought did you mate

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Umm, have you seen us play?
And who our coach is?
Didn't give that much thought did you mate
Er, yes I did. You’ve taken the band-aid approach by jumping ship from a struggling team/coach right into the arms of another. Now I know you haven’t really, but that was the gag. At least give me a begrudging smirk in return mate :-).

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Er, yes I did. You’ve taken the band-aid approach by jumping ship from a struggling team/coach right into the arms of another. Now I know you haven’t really, but that was the gag. At least give me a begrudging smirk in return mate :-).
If you actually think I would ever support another team, I gave you way too much credit. Noticed your little thread got shut down, what a shame

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
If you actually think I would ever support another team, I gave you way too much credit. Noticed your little thread got shut down, what a shame
Chimpy, have a laugh mate. I know you’re a frustrated Dogs man like the rest of us. Just having a dig. All good :-)

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I enjoy beating the Dragons.. some recent ones were good like knocking them out in the 2015 extra time semi.. or knocking them out of the semis in the final round of 2017 ..

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh, it comments. I was just expecting a x from you, ratbitch.

If he really cared about the club like you dumb fucks think, he should stand down.
Abusive? You are a rat bitch. You are what you are.
Why can’t you debate without having the need to direct abuse and racial slurs at members?

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wasnt James Graham supposed to retire at the end of last season?

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score

BUT

What if pay is a main reason to stop us getting top players for next year? That's what I'm worried about.
I have a similar view Assassin.

I honestly believe that Pay has the potential to be a good coach with the right cattle but I'm starting to fear that we won't land the rockstar half/hooker/fullback we need with him at the helm. I really hope he can turn things around but it's looking less and less likely the deeper into the season we go.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Playing with a structure would help the guys learning to play in the NRL. More game time to those as well as playing in positions that would help the player and the team.
The coach doesn’t have the ability to make the players play with some ticker but he’s responsible for a lot of other things and clearly pay lacks in what’s required to turn this mess around. As I’ve stated their has to be another coach underneath Pay who understands some football. Make them caretaker for 2020 and that way the players are playing for their future as well.