News Bulldogs coach Dean Pay denies senior players wishes for mass changes

BULLDOG 4 LIFE

Waterboy
Reaction score
Why didn't the senior players go to the board and tell them they want a better coach

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remove Foran and Add elliot
I reckon Foran would be pretty quiet atm, can't say much if u aint in the team
I agree. I'd like to see us try Hopoate at fullback with Harper and Averillo in the centres. Toomaga and RFM starting. Toomaga lost some weight during the break in an attempt to nail CHN's spot.

Hopoate
DWZ
Harper
Averillo
Smith
Foran
Wakeham
Napa
JMK
Sue
RFM
Jackson
Toomaga

Reserves
Ogden
Britt
Tolman
Elliott

Last edited:

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If results weren't acceptable Lynne then why did you and the bored impulsively resign him last season? As I said the writing was on the wall when Rhyse Martin left ffs.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Coach has lost the dressing shed,players are bewildered by selections and non selections not getting any communication from Coach.
You can rule Jacko out of that group as captain he is loyal to Pay.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Imagine bust ya ass out as a forward only for our half’s to dish up shit near the try line
Pay be lucky to see out next week

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who knows how much of this is true but I do know that when teams in any sport at any level struggle for as long as we have, the players start to question the coach, their tactics and selections.

Anyone who refutes that players would be disgruntled and unhappy with the direction of the team is in complete denial.

Last edited:
Reactions: DT

slydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Iv also been a Pay supporter but he has just signed his death warrant
By not making changes that everyone else can see, he's on drugs

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’d even throw Meaney there. Fair enough he was dropped for Zelezniak, but that kid could catch anything. You put him in New Zealand and he’d catch COVID 19. Compare that to DWZ who wouldn’t catch corona in Italy.

I love hoppas skills. To be honest one of the few footballers we have. But he came lacking speed. And has lost some more in his time with us. I have seen him make a break and stop running because he knows he has no hope.

I might get shot down or laughed at. But his vision. His hands and his game awareness. The guy could transition to a running 5/8. Basically a fullback playing in the line. Only drawback would be his Lack of kicking. You can keep him at centre. But I can’t see him threatening from more then 10 out.

Even off kick returns when we make half breaks, he just can’t get away from his defender. He’d cover winger. But again. His lack of speed on turns and chases.

If the guy had radrandras speed he would be a 1.2 million dollar player. Just shame he lacks that acceleration and pace to be a game changer.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Imagine bust ya ass out as a forward only for our half’s to dish up shit near the try line
Pay be lucky to see out next week
That’s fair, but we didn’t lose by a couple of trys , it was 7 tries to 1...

They all let that shit thru and it’s the most disturbing fact to me.

Defence relys heavily on attitude and commitment, and that was nowhere to be seen.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Iv also been a Pay supporter but he has just signed his death warrant
By not making changes that everyone else can see, he's on drugs
He is not a head coach. He is not a game manager. And it’s a mistake I highlighted from the start. Apart from coaching origin u20 he had no coaching experience besides being an assistant.

Big difference from being an assistant to having to manage a cap, get the players you want, identify holes in your team to fill with recruitment or juniors, establish game plans, defensive structures. He seems out of his depth. And although he was a game changing player in his time, he doesn’t have the ability to play to his strength as a coach (unless the Lewis grubber to himself and the tolman hitups 10m out with 10 seconds left really is the best we have).

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
More quality journalism.
'4 senior players' approached Pay.
They wouldn't name them would they.
'It's believed'. 'It's understood'.
Soon it'll be 'a friend says' and 'a source confirmed'.
View attachment 15089
Forget the source because it's questionable. Obviously you don't think this story in particular is true.

But ask yourself do you think it's a possibility that a team that's struggled as much as we have for two plus seasons under Pay would have a few players on it that were starting to have doubts or lose faith in the coach? Not all of them can have total faith in his coaching ability right now.

You got worked up over the term mutiny the other day, well if these thrashings continue and the tactics or selections don't change, then you will see Pay completely lose the dressing room if he hasn't already... That's all I was ever saying and I don't think that's an alarmist statement. It's just the way sports work.

Last edited:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Forget the source because it's questionable. Obviously you don't think this story in particular is true.

But ask yourself do you think it's a possibility that a team that's struggled as much as we have for two plus seasons under Pay would have a few players on it that were starting to have doubts or lose faith in the coach? Not all of them can have total faith in his coaching ability right now.

You got worked up over the term mutiny the other day, well if these thrashings continue and the tactics or selections don't change, then you will see Pay completely lose the dressing room if he hasn't already... That's all I was ever saying and I don't think that's an alarmist statement. It's just the way sport works.
Especially when the positional changes mentioned in said article are the ones alot of people are saying and are obvious. Totally in the realm of possible.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s getting beyond pathetic now, no wonder this place is so pissed and wants him gone,it’s mediocre bullshit and it’s time to move on.. dead man walking was a comment I did read an makes complete sense... Somethings gotta give, surely his pay day is almost done.!!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
He has to be a dead man walking but let's not forget that the club is failing to get him more purebred cattle too. He wasn't lucky like Ricky and a couple others who walked into premiership standard teams.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The changes to make the team stronger are quite obvious.... even members of the kennel can see that except our head coach!

Pay must be too proud and arrogant to recognise that and make changes.....
Ask the Board for their thoughts :grinning:

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He has to be a dead man walking but let's not forget that the club is failing to get him more purebred cattle too. He wasn't lucky like Ricky and a couple others who walked into premiership standard teams.
So if they got him this purebred cattle they can become half-breed under him ... the guy has no attacking structures in place. Tedesco would look like reserve grader playing under pay.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve been a pay supporter considering he was a rookie coach coming into a tough situation. But watching this team play is beyond painful. I’ve had enough of this BS. He’s got to go
Welcome to the darkside........ I am your father...,