John Bateman

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I reckon most on here would recruit better than the donkeys at our club.

Like what the hell is wrong with our recruitment committee?
Words is we're that unappealing a place for players to come due to the inept, clueless coaching currently on display

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
It's a known fact that Hasler neglects juniors ... Manly juniors were puss before Des joined us and after 2012 were all 3 grades we minor permiers it went downhill fast... It's not about Bulldog DNA it's about having a smart operator who cares about all grades. Pay ain't it and Des wasn't either
I dont care if its a previous player, im talking values. Club value, club culture. From 1st grade to juniors from the leader of the club to gate person all should have club values and the club as their only concern. Someone who hasn't got the club at heart wont instil club values. The is the only outsider to coach in God knows how long. Its a 10year recovery from the day he left.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we don't get Bateman because he wants to go home so be it. GO all out for Fifita or Pengai Jnr in his spot. Said before also Hess is getting back to his old form he'd be a great pick up.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be just his manager trying to squeeze extra out of NRL clubs

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
who do you sign then dipshit

Dipshit? Hahahaha fiery little tough guy keyboard warrior!

In those positions:
Mcinnes from dragons, B Smith from storm.
Drinkwater from Cows, or give Averillio a shot at fullback.

Leave your insults for your mother dumbass!

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dipshit? Hahahaha fiery little tough guy keyboard warrior!

In those positions:
Mcinnes from dragons, B Smith from storm.
Drinkwater from Cows, or give Averillio a shot at fullback.

Leave your insults for your mother dumbass!
Mate please if your going to have a go at someones opinion that quickly, that's what i would call a faceless keyboard warrior...... your signings are good very good although none are available till the end of 2021 im talking abut a team for next year that will be competitive.........

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
EXCLUSIVE: Bateman in talks to walk out on NRL in $3.5m return to Super League

England international John Bateman is in talks to return to English Super League powerhouse Wigan next season on a five-year deal worth up to $3.5 million.

The Green Machine second-rower, who was crowned Dally M backrower of the year in his first season in the NRL, has spoken to Wigan power brokers about a return home.

Bateman was one of the buys of the season for the Canberra Raiders last year and a huge part of why the Green Machine made the grand final.

Bateman’s agent, Isaac Moses, has been agitating since last year for the England international to be granted a release.

Fox Sports revealed last week how Bateman had been shopped around to rival NRL clubs with an asking price of $800,000-a-season.

Bateman, 26, signed a three-year deal with the Canberra Raiders starting last season and immediately settled in with fellow England stars Josh Hodgson, Elliott Whitehead and now George Williams.

The England international has a daughter in England and will most likely want to return to the UK for family reasons.

Bateman initially took umbrage with a Fox Sports report last week about how Moses had agitated at the Raiders for a release on four occasions since last year’s grand final.

The Raiders backrower then claimed his Twitter account had been hacked after Raiders CEO Don Furner confirmed the club had been forced to give him permission to negotiate with rival NRL teams.

The Bulldogs, Titans and Dragons had all expressed interest in signing the backrower for 2021 and beyond.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/3457eb0f92a3d43bd380bc179a690d92

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Good luck there. Won’t be with us if he has that kind of offer to return home.

Maybe Palmer Wapau can get out recruitments number off Katoa.

Fuck we are hopeless from top to bottom.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We could match that if required. Considering there were figures of 800k floating around

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
let bateman go back to super league, issac moses couldnt lay straight in bed, hes playing club against club like he always does

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That was fun while it lasted.. If Wigan are prepared to pay similar to what he could get here, then I don't see why he'd stay when his daughter is still in the UK.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep for sure. Let em have him. He’s not worth the 800k (even though you’d try) let alone getting in a bidding war.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We could match that if required. Considering there were figures of 800k floating around
The length is important too. If he's in the Super League he's also with his family, or at least it's easier to see them. On 800k we'd want at most four years but preferably three. Bateman's worth 600-700k but we're not in a position to get top players for what they're worth.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds like we are losing the race..

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The length is important too. If he's in the Super League he's also with his family, or at least it's easier to see them. On 800k we'd want at most four years but preferably three. Bateman's worth 600-700k but we're not in a position to get top players for what they're worth.
Yep exactly. Not worth stretching any more out of us. He’s good but not that good

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Good luck there. Won’t be with us if he has that kind of offer to return home.

Maybe Palmer Wapau can get out recruitments number off Katoa.

Fuck we are hopeless from top to bottom.
You’d want to pay $3.5-4M over 5 years for him would you?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Typical Moses negotiations there will probably be a leak about a Dragons and Titans offer in a few days.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah but hard to contend with that though. We can offer more money but we will never be able to offer home base of England for family.
Yeah i know.. just disappointed I guess.. hanging for some good news like every one else..

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah i know.. just disappointed I guess.. hanging for some good news like every one else..
I lower my expectations to soften the blow for when things fail, well these days I have no expectations when it comes to club and it's news I assume the worst scenario so I'm not disappointed. When the good news does come (hopefully) then I'll be unexpectedly surprised :laughing: