News Canterbury Bulldogs coach Dean Pay facing axe ahead of St George Illawarra Dragons clash

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wants pay to stay.
Successful organisation.

Pick one.
They can go hand in hand with the write support around him. Otherwise we change coach again. But the players not performing stay. We have a sook about the next coach. Maybe we break it down to our players not being up to it. There is starting to be a culture of the coach must go. There needs to be support changes and players let go. Bring juniors through with success and Accountability. We lost one our best and one arguably best. And our main player from previous admin on sidelines. We need change but not the coach

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I got sucked in last year by the end of year run. Pay has to go, he is terrible.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
They can go hand in hand with the write support around him. Otherwise we change coach again. But the players not performing stay. We have a sook about the next coach. Maybe we break it down to our players not being up to it. There is starting to be a culture of the coach must go. There needs to be support changes and players let go. Bring juniors through with success and Accountability. We lost one our best and one arguably best. And our main player from previous admin on sidelines. We need change but not the coach
Lol let me guess, older fan that idolised Pay as a player? He is not head coach material and is completely out of his depth, circumstance are obviously no where near ideal but it still doesn't change the fact that he's no where near good enough. Yes some players need to go, certain quality needs to come in, etc...but that still doesn't change the fact that we need a new coach and coaching team at the club.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The people in charge will not sack him mid season as they are more concerned how that will look instead of achieving goals. It would fly in the face of the "family" club they have tried to resurrect from when someone watched her Dad do it.

Reality is, we are cashed up with no-one wanting our money OR we think we're too good to pay over's to get the ball started. THEY still think that talented players will come to us on wages they can get anywhere and with clubs challenging for finals.

We are the cellar dwellers with fuk all hope. We need a V'Landys (or him himself) type person to come in and be ruthless and get shite done!

At the end of the day the club should decide on whoever the best halfback in the world is and regardless of contract pay him the money to break contract and get to Belmore ASAP.

Last edited:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Alot of gun coaches keep their cards close to their chests ,i reckon the club punts pay appoints an interim coach like steve g then make a public announcement if any quality coaches are interested to enquire discretely then youll know if someone like a bellamy is interested in a new challenge hes done it all at the storm

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Canterbury haven’t won a premiership since 1995? Who is fact checking this rubbish?
Haha fucking rediculous isn't it, cracked up when I read it

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully we can get Shane Flanagan, best option available imo

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lol let me guess, older fan that idolised Pay as a player? He is not head coach material and is completely out of his depth, circumstance are obviously no where near ideal but it still doesn't change the fact that he's no where near good enough. Yes some players need to go, certain quality needs to come in, etc...but that still doesn't change the fact that we need a new coach and coaching team at the club.
You write I am older. But I’m not pro pay or nay pay. I believe all success before you pick you staff the players need the best to set the policy and processes write from the start. And obviously who ever is the attack coach needs a new one! Someone like Gould over seeing would also be a good start. Once those two changes are made , and if pay can’t make the write player decisions I’ll be the first to say let him go. But how it stands now he is copping the blame for all issues. Age as you Write pointed out I have but it’s taught me get the leadership write and the processes write the rest will follow. That’s in business and football. Look at parra i hate to say it but have sorted a lot there issues out without getting rid the coach! What’s the difference between us and them?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The way I see it we have 2 options from 2021

Option 1
Shaun Wane (head coach)
Adrian Lam (assistant) if he's leaving Wigan, signing his young fella is an easy way to get him on board

Option 2
Shane Flanagan (head coach)
Michael Ennis (assistant)

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like Pay as a person a lot. Seems like a good bloke, but sadly good blokes dont make good coaches.

This is the 3rd year he's used the first 10 weeks as a trial period. Not good enough. I really thought he'd come back after the lockdown with something different. Instead we got what we'd been dishing up the last 3 years and somehow worse.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Have to go hard after Wayne Bennett for next year. Throw him 1.3 mill per year for 3 years. Even if we line him up for 22 players will come because of him

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The way I see it we have 2 options from 2021

Option 1
Shaun Wane (head coach)
Adrian Lam (assistant) if he's leaving Wigan, signing his young fella is an easy way to get him on board

Option 2
Shane Flanagan (head coach)
Michael Ennis (assistant)
I think Shane Flanagan is the most realistic option, he’s won a premiership and is very good recruiter

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What roster is he fucking building he's brought over two unwanted plodders in Stimson and Britt, that money could have been better spent in chasing Curtis Scott or even George Williams
They won't have know who George Williams was. Ricky got him