Consolidated Pay Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He also had 7 games to take the tip on how the one ref and new six again (clean ruck) would affect the game.

Pretty sure clubs would have been sent a memo last week explaining the changes in detail

Good judges would have realised the game would speed up and reacted accordingly yet Pay chose to pick the least run and gun halves we have and kept the same game plan from round one 2017.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He also had 7 games to take the tip on how the one ref and new six again (clean ruck) would affect the game.

Pretty sure clubs would have been sent a memo last week explaining the changes in detail

Good judges would have realised the game would speed up and reacted accordingly yet Pay chose to pick the least run and gun halves we have and kept the same game plan from round one 2017.
Pay can only get this team grinding going set for set with teams and using the ball as little as possible all for a kick on the last. They just hope the other team beats themselves. As we have seen when the defence isn’t on and we can’t hold the ball we are no chance.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
2020 Gains: Jayden Brailey (Sharks)

2020 Losses: Shaun Kenny-Dowall (Hull KR), James Gavet (Huddersfield), Jamie Buhrer, Zac Woolford, Jesse Ramien (all released), Slade Griffin, Nathan Ross (both retired)

Now, tell me for the fourth time who they have bought to make this year a better year than last year. And note, Brailey didn’t play, Mitchell and Connor out early, Ponga didn’t even play. There was more no names in this squad than our Reserve Grade.

There’s only one change in all this formula.... And it’s your mate Pays role. You got nothing

As for tagging, never tagged you before. I wouldn’t even care if you didn’t throw false facts for people to swallow
Who they bought in the last few years compared to us. Is it really that hard?
They have formed a good squad, we haven’t been able to. You don’t go from wooden spooners to having a good squad in one season do you?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
2020 Gains: Jayden Brailey (Sharks)

2020 Losses: Shaun Kenny-Dowall (Hull KR), James Gavet (Huddersfield), Jamie Buhrer, Zac Woolford, Jesse Ramien (all released), Slade Griffin, Nathan Ross (both retired)

Now, tell me for the fourth time who they have bought to make this year a better year than last year. And note, Brailey didn’t play, Mitchell and Connor out early, Ponga didn’t even play. There was more no names in this squad than our Reserve Grade.

There’s only one change in all this formula.... And it’s your mate Pays role. You got nothing

As for tagging, never tagged you before. I wouldn’t even care if you didn’t throw false facts for people to swallow
Move on Sleeky. Getting boring mate.

Dogsofwar74

Waterboy
Reaction score
Pay should have been turfed out last year.
It doesnt really matter how much he has left , this season is written off in my opinion.
Of course the excuses will come thick and fast...... that he hasn’t got a decent roster etc etc blah blah .
How about all the coaches around the world in numerous codes who take not so flash rosters yet you see improvements in some players .
No player has improved under Pay in the time he has coached us, in fact players have regressed under him.
yes, he was using the cap as an excuse before he started. same narrative now.
when does it become his team? there are only a few players left from before he started. it is definitely his team.
i expect them to get a few wins after they cant mathematically make the 8, like usual under pay

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I said in another thread he didn’t look too worried in the post game speech... must know something....

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who they bought in the last few years compared to us. Is it really that hard?
They have formed a good squad, we haven’t been able to. You don’t go from wooden spooners to having a good squad in one season do you?
943414B9-09D6-4B75-B887-BCD0D1BED085.jpeg

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dean Pay isn’t the problem, it’s the players he has at his disposal. How would he go coaching the Roosters or Canberra ? The Bulldogs are the only side in the NRL they don’t have a marquee player. They simply don’t. They have a few fine players like a Jackson and DWZ, but that’s it. Even the Titans have Jai Arrow.
Just be grateful that Paul McGregor isn’t your coach. Look at his roster. He’s got several test and origin players. Pay dosent.
DWZ runs hard but that’s all he has to offer. Fullbacks these days play like halves that chime into backlines, kick balls. DWZ dropped another sitter last night! He is a winger playing fullback! Fuck off to the wing DWZ

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You said this exact line every week since about Round 8 last year. You also promised protests out the front of Bulldogs HQ. All talk no action Alzz
Fair call horse but how much of the shit you have spewed out has come to fruition?

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate I hate bagging out our boys but I don’t get what the love affair with Meaney is... all off season we heard he bulked up and got stronger but he still looks too weak for first grade..
I appreciate anyone that takes the first grade arena has some form of courage and ticker but this guy must have the absolute bare minimum of it. The amount of times he runs back or sideways and avoids collisions is remarkable. His jersey never needs to be washed and I’ve never seen him beat an opp player one on one.
Averillo or hoppa to fullback end story

Status
Not open for further replies.