Consolidated Pay Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The weird thing about Hook is he coached for 173 1st Grade games for Broncs and Chocolate soldiers for a 96/76 win-loss ratio of 55%..? I wonder how many 1st grade coaches have a better win %?

Craig Bellamy 69%
Trent Robinson 63% (Sombrero cap)
Wayne Bennett 62%
Des Hasler 58%
A Seibold 56%
A Griffin 55%
P Green 53%
M Maguire 51%
R Stuart 50%
B Arthur 48%
Ivan Cleary 47%
P McGregor 47%
J Morris 44%
D Pay 36%
S Kearney 35%

I did not bother with O'Brien or Holbrook as they a 1st year coaches.

At the very least we could look at bringing Hook in as a Football manager/Advisor for Pay, considering he has hands on experience at the Storm, Broncos and under Gould at Penrith he would come relatively cheap and bring a wealth of knowledge??
Morning all (actually, not good morning, whats fucking good about it..),

Just got head my head up out of the toilet bowl long enough to post some dribble after developing severe fandisgustdogsarse disease watching that fucking rubbish last night. I have been guilty of defending Pay on a number of occasions particularly last year because as its been widely discussed he was working with a handicapped roster and cap.

However, this is year 3 and after they way we finished last year we should be at least 1 or 2 wins from 3 by now and not 0/3 and rapidly going backwards each game they way we have.

If we really are talking of making immediate change and I can certainly see the argument for it, I think Griffin is the answer for us because;

• He would be busting to have another crack at the NRL
  • Would be relatively cheap
  • Would make some needed changes to player positions and selections
  • Would still have players from Broncs and Penrith that might be interested in playing under him again
  • Could be Coach with Pay as assistant (if club want to save face and give Pay a soft landing)
  • Or could be employed as Pays boss as football manager
  • Could be a short term contract with KPI's that let allows him to win a contract extension based only on performance
  • Allows club to still look at and chase a Supercoach like a Bellamy if available
  • Would provide immediate impact for teams form with just using the talent we have in the correct positions, Smith Wing, DWZ Wing or possibly Centre, Hoppa Fullback unless we sign a gun or Averillo makes it his position, etc etc..
  • HAS A 55% WIN RATIO FROM 173 GAMES...
We have some great Juniors and we will lose them if we dont act and quickly develop a winning culture, so we need a proven and experienced results getting 1st grade coach in the short term, in some capacity.

We DONT need another fucking assistant with stars in their eyes. Griffo could be just the quick fix band aid we need to save the situation and still give us a shot at using the so called war chest to attract the right players. No one wants to play for a losing team and if they do its only about the money.

For sponsors, marque players, memberships and any longevity for this current board they need to act not just talk about having a plan. Like Tyson said (please insert lispy voice) "everyone has a plan and till they get punched in the mouth"....

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Firstly, watch your mouth
Secondly, I said twice, look who they have bought......
Firstly, if you don’t like it, block it or report it. You love to give it and can’t take it? Hypocrite

Secondly;
2020 Gains: Jayden Brailey (Sharks)

2020 Losses: Shaun Kenny-Dowall (Hull KR), James Gavet (Huddersfield), Jamie Buhrer, Zac Woolford, Jesse Ramien (all released), Slade Griffin, Nathan Ross (both retired)

Now, tell me for the third time who they have bought to make this year a better year. And note, Brailey didn’t play yesterday

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think it's almost a certainty that Griffin isn't going to have a 55% win rate with our team. Pay's 36% win rate honestly isn't that bad. Honestly look at the team on paper and tell me how that team has even won 1/3 of their games... at most THREE players (and that's being generous) of ours make it into that Manly team we played last night.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not buying this crap about how shit our roster is.

The biggest issues we have is playing blokes out of position and Lewis / cogger who are not 1st grade material.

I am almost certain more points would come with the following line up.

1. Hoppa
2. Dwz
3. Averillo
4. Harper
5. Smith

6. Wakeham
7. Foran

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think it's almost a certainty that Griffin isn't going to have a 55% win rate with our team. Pay's 36% win rate honestly isn't that bad. Honestly look at the team on paper and tell me how that team has even won 1/3 of their games... at most THREE players (and that's being generous) of ours make it into that Manly team we played last night.
I agree that 55% win percentage is not realistic with this team, but I was referring to the facts relating to Griffins record as a coach. Look, I really wanted Pay to succeed and love the "idea" of Bulldog people running the joint. But the simple fact is its not working and even some of his staunches supporters are questioning why he waits until 15 mins to go when the game is well and truly gone before bringing on spark like Averillo?

Whatever bonded the guys late last year defensively is not there anymore, they just dont look committed or fired up. I "LOVE" painful defence that scares other teams but even in our glory days we still had a couple of crafty play-makers or ball players sprinkled amongst them. None of our forwards are painful defenders or classic off loaders, our kick chase is piss poor and we dont contest anything, our dummy half delivery is slow and sloppy, and the only time our halves show any real form is if Foran is one of them.

Wakeham should play 7 to Foran at 6 and Averillo should permanently be 14 as he builds confidence and then given a crack at the 1 jersey. Cogger should go back to Newcastle and my "mate" Lewis back to the gym to put on 10 kegs and play reserves to learn how to play lock if he is to ever make it in 1st grade. If Foran stays uninjured tie him up for 1+1 (in our favour) with incentives based on games played and won.

I think Griffin could deliver all this without great expense and on a deal that suits us and allows the club to keep its options open for someone even better. If we go back down the Assistant Coach Rd, get used to hearing "give it time" or "it was Pays team and roster" shit. Fuck the excuses, someone needs to step up and grab what we have by the scruff of the neck and make the team deliver results we are not embarrassed by, and that will encourage sponsors an elite players to want to be associated with our great club again.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I am not buying this crap about how shit our roster is.

The biggest issues we have is playing blokes out of position and Lewis / cogger who are not 1st grade material.

I am almost certain more points would come with the following line up.

1. Hoppa
2. Dwz
3. Averillo
4. Harper
5. Smith

6. Wakeham
7. Foran
Agree about players being put of position tho I'd say having Foran and Wakeham alone will add points and ensure our backs get more ball.

To beclear tho, three of those players you've listed are rookies so we've got no way of knowing if they'd perform or not.

Do we have a good squad? Spine was terrible over the weekend. Shocking hooker. Halves a miss. Fullback not even there. No go forward from props. No ball playing by backrowers. Pedestrian defence by outside backs.

We're missing at a minimum 6-7 players to be challenging for top 8. Put Wakeham and Foran in there then it's 5-6

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree that 55% win percentage is not realistic with this team, but I was referring to the facts relating to Griffins record as a coach. Look, I really wanted Pay to succeed and love the "idea" of Bulldog people running the joint. But the simple fact is its not working and even some of his staunches supporters are questioning why he waits until 15 mins to go when the game is well and truly gone before bringing on spark like Averillo?

Whatever bonded the guys late last year defensively is not there anymore, they just dont look committed or fired up. I "LOVE" painful defence that scares other teams but even in our glory days we still had a couple of crafty play-makers or ball players sprinkled amongst them. None of our forwards are painful defenders or classic off loaders, our kick chase is piss poor and we dont contest anything, our dummy half delivery is slow and sloppy, and the only time our halves show any real form is if Foran is one of them.

Wakeham should play 7 to Foran at 6 and Averillo should permanently be 14 as he builds confidence and then given a crack at the 1 jersey. Cogger should go back to Newcastle and my "mate" Lewis back to the gym to put on 10 kegs and play reserves to learn how to play lock if he is to ever make it in 1st grade. If Foran stays uninjured tie him up for 1+1 (in our favour) with incentives based on games played and won.

I think Griffin could deliver all this without great expense and on a deal that suits us and allows the club to keep its options open for someone even better. If we go back down the Assistant Coach Rd, get used to hearing "give it time" or "it was Pays team and roster" shit. Fuck the excuses, someone needs to step up and grab what we have by the scruff of the neck and make the team deliver results we are not embarrassed by, and that will encourage sponsors an elite players to want to be associated with our great club again.
Good post mate

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Stop the grief people...
Pay must play players in their right positions .

1 Meaney
2 DWZ
3 Averillo
4 Hopoate
5 Smith
6 Wakeham if Foran is playing halfback if not
7 Foran
8 Tolman
9 Katoa he might not be the greatest hooker but he is !
10 To'omaga
11 Jackson
12 Britt
13 Elliott

14 JMK / Cogger / Lewis
15 Napa
16 Ogden
17 RFM / Sue
If u want players in position ???
averillo isn’t a centre
Britt isn’t a second rower and Meaney isn’t a fg fullbacks arsehole.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The only way that i see Wakeham being dropped is that Wakeham has a cheeky mouth maybe he said something to Pay.
Otherwise Pay has no f@#king idea..
Im thinking the latter!

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
averillo isn’t a centre
Mate I hate bagging out our boys but I don’t get what the love affair with Meaney is... all off season we heard he bulked up and got stronger but he still looks too weak for first grade..

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
averillo isn’t a centre
Averillo played a fair chunk of his juniors in the centres. With some also in the halves and a little at FB.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sack pay
Bring in Bennett ASAP, Souths want him gone and that other **** to take over anyway. Bennett for 2 years is better than this current shit

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Firstly, if you don’t like it, block it or report it. You love to give it and can’t take it? Hypocrite

Secondly;

2020 Losses: Shaun Kenny-Dowall (Hull KR), James Gavet (Huddersfield), Jamie Buhrer, Zac Woolford, Jesse Ramien (all released), Slade Griffin, Nathan Ross (both retired)

Now, tell me for the third time who they have bought to make this year a better year. And note, Brailey didn’t play yesterday
I don’t even speak to you but you are always tagging me and commenting. I believe it’s called trolling. Players bought over the period you mentioned. Try and keep up

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Secondly;

Just call it a night on this mate. Get you don't like Nat, and you're entitled to feel that way. But this constant pursuit of him and only him is a little over the top. He can speak for himself, but I went through the same thing with a few others on here and it's just a waste of time.

Why not just avoid him, or at the very least reply without having to make it personal.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just call it a night on this mate. Get you don't like Nat, and you're entitled to feel that way. But this constant pursuit of him and only him is a little over the top. He can speak for himself, but I went through the same thing with a few others on here and it's just a waste of time.

Why not just avoid him, or at the very least reply without having to make it personal.
Meh

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t even speak to you but you are always tagging me and commenting. I believe it’s called trolling. Players bought over the period you mentioned. Try and keep up

Now, tell me for the fourth time who they have bought to make this year a better year than last year. And note, Brailey didn’t play, Mitchell and Connor out early, Ponga didn’t even play. There was more no names in this squad than our Reserve Grade.

There’s only one change in all this formula.... And it’s your mate Pays role. You got nothing

As for tagging, never tagged you before. I wouldn’t even care if you didn’t throw false facts for people to swallow

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
With this board who knows. They will probably extend him again when we are bottom 4 mid way through the season.

0 and 4 start and getting out coached by Mary is looking very likely.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay is a dead man walking because he has failed to adapt our game plan or blood talent that will actually have legitimate 1st grade careers. The win condition Pay selected was defend your way to a victory & he has ignored offense and emerging talent completely. His selections, game management & failure to comprehend that the 6 again rule changes have evaporated his win condition are the sword which he falls on. We are now like a boat that has been torpedoed waiting to sink. I hope to god we somehow conjure wins against titans, St George & Wests because our chances of a wooden spoon are now a very real possibility in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.