News Ennis sprays bulldogs halfs

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Renoylds wants to be playing first grade he is humiliated playing second fiddle but being on that much money.

Ennis is not looking out for our club but is looking out for his mate the God father of his children.

anyone who thinks we should get renoylds has no fucken clue about the game!
For the right price it's almost a no brainer to get Reynolds (~350k). He creates more than all of our halves (not including Foran) combined. When playing for the Tigers he has been or almost been their best player every time I've watched (and I've said this multiple times before Ennis said it yesterday) and he's been in and out of the side due to injury and just not being selected and is still able to show something. Did you watch the game last night? Very disappointing. I've never seen a more flat team in my life and we know Reynolds beings energy. Wakeham isn't ready to be our saviour either. There is next to nothing, even nothing, available in the spine positions. Unless we can get players on contract he's the best we can get if you like it or not.

Ennis genuinely is passionate about the club, he's not saying this in spite (and he's right, we should never of let Reynolds, Graham or himself go but it's a business and rival clubs offered what we weren't prepared to match, maybe not so much regarding Ennis, but it was a mistake nevertheless).

Right now we have a terrible side, bottom four on paper, even with nailing the recruitment for 2021 we're just making the finals at best imo. The team this year especially needs someone with Reynolds' characteristics on and off the field. We have NO talent and need someone to spark something.

Last edited:
Reactions: J_B

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Whatever your thoughts are on Ennis, he makes some good points that we’d all pretty much well agree with.

The Reynolds piece is clearly polarising and I don’t know how I’d feel about it. There’s some positives and some pretty solid negatives...
If we have cash to spare in the cap and the Tigers pay a chunk of freight, I’m a actually happy to give it a go as I think for the rest of this year it gives us some positives as we’re pretty screwed how it is.
I’m liking what I see of Averillo but he’s played about 40mins total of first grade and people on here have so far got him in all of their teams as starting centre or fullback or halfback, he needs more minutes off the bench to start with and then see how he develops. To be in that week to week grind of first grade you need time to adjust.
Another thing I got from this is Pay and the recruitment team are definitely at odds, which is a worry, as it seems they could be going in different directions...
I never thought Reynolds was an answer.
The story I heard from someone closer to the Tigers side of the fence is that the Tigers weren't even prepared to play half his freight.
If they were, the Dogs would've considered a deal - but the Tigers were not prepared to pay half for him to play elsewhere. That pretty much buried any chance of a deal.
I can't say it's 100% true, but that's what I was told and in broad terms it seems to stack up.
Anyway, it ain't happening as it stands, so nothing to see here.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of tries is too generous, but he defenitely would've create some opportunities with his running game looking more suited to todays game. I still have no interest in him returning.

I'd say the forwards are putting in but the confidence in what they're doing just isn't there and they look to have absolutely no trust in the shit house system Pay has implemented. There just isn't any objective to what we do, just aimlessly taking the ball up and that's it.
Pay hasnt evolved in the current game and never will.

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lol fuck Reynolds, seriously what garbage.
We have two very bright prospects in Wakeham and Averillo.

Currently they are being brought through in a losing culture and by the looks of it, it aint changing anytime soon

As stated there is absolutely sweet fuck all available for 2021 season, and if you want these 2 pups tagging along Lewis & Cogger for another year, under a losing culture, than your perception of garbage is utter rubbish

Double C

Waterboy
Reaction score
We have two very bright prospects in Wakeham and Averillo.

Currently they are being brought through in a losing culture and by the looks of it, it aint changing anytime soon

As stated there is absolutely sweet fuck all available for 2021 season, and if you want these 2 pups tagging along Lewis & Cogger for another year, under a losing culture, than your perception of garbage is utter rubbish
Josh Reynolds personifies Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs, he gave sensational service to this football club, he could be very handy and combine well with the rest of our seasoned pro’s.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Get rid of Lewis and cogger Theyve lost me

Lebaneze Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bring Josh back today.

Unleash the 4 amigos in Reynolds, Foran, Wakeham & Averillo

Any habib or redneck who disagrees, go and suck on a 0-3 month dummy

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Averillo
Dwz
Harper
Hoppa
Smith
Foran
Wakeham should be our backline...

Young lots of speed, creative, lots of energy and of they Fuck up who cares, let them go out and play to their ability not to that wanker Pays tactics which are non existent...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Averillo
Dwz
Harper
Hoppa
Smith
Foran
Wakeham should be our backline...

Young lots of speed, creative, lots of energy and of they Fuck up who cares, let them go out and play to their ability not to that wanker Pays tactics which are non existent...
It will never happen mate there's way too players in their correct position for coach Pay's liking.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It will never happen mate there's way too players in their correct position for coach Pay's liking.
I know right. If it doesn't make sense then it makes sense to Pay...
He needs to grow a fucking pair of balls and blood juniors and give them a proper go

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its alright for Mick to come out and simplify it by saying "Get it Done". But its not that easy.

He is on $750k at the Tigers. The dogs want him for about half of that and they want the Tigers to chip in the other half.

Now the Tigers dont want to chip in that much and the Dogs dont want to pay any higher than $375k. So how can the board just "Get it Done" ??

What does Ennis want us the dogs to do ? Pay Josh the full $750k ?

He is only worth $350k max these days. I would be happy for him to be back because I think our halves are diabolical. But it has to be at the right price considering he is 31 and injury prone.

If he really wants to come back he might have to take a pay cut. Say to the Tigers you chip in something like $150k and he gets $350k from the dogs. Its a fair haircut but thats what he might need to do in order to play first grade again

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds has a contract so this is not about Ennis trying to get him a payday, this is about a mate trying to bring some normality to a guy that has been through 18 months of personal hell.

Right now we actually need him because he is creative and whilst both Josh and Foran are injury prone having a least one of them on the field will give us a much better chance of being competitive.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meaney ain't a wingers asshole, It's FB or nothing. Smith ain't a centre, it's wing or nothing.
JMK ain't a hooker, hooked or 14 for a small cameo.
DWZ ain't a fullback, it's wing or nothing
How frustrating is it that we can all see this yet we persist with playing guys out of their best position.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Its alright for Mick to come out and simplify it by saying "Get it Done". But its not that easy.

He is on $750k at the Tigers. The dogs want him for about half of that and they want the Tigers to chip in the other half.

Now the Tigers dont want to chip in that much and the Dogs dont want to pay any higher than $375k. So how can the board just "Get it Done" ??

What does Ennis want us the dogs to do ? Pay Josh the full $750k ?

He is only worth $350k max these days. I would be happy for him to be back because I think our halves are diabolical. But it has to be at the right price considering he is 31 and injury prone.

If he really wants to come back he might have to take a pay cut. Say to the Tigers you chip in something like $150k and he gets $350k from the dogs. Its a fair haircut but thats what he might need to do in order to play first grade again
According to Hooper last night players aren't able to take a pay cut when swapping clubs and are still contracted. The full amount of their contract has to be on clubs salary caps. I don't know why this is a thing but they have to have a good reason.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to agree with Ennis we need Reynolds back for the short term we got nothing halves as is

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Granted it was Desball but the points didn't exactly flow in Grub's last couple of years at the Dogs so I can't see him adding much on the front.

He will jag a couple of tries from effort plays but the attack won't suddenly click into gear because of him.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to Hooper last night players aren't able to take a pay cut when swapping clubs and are still contracted. The full amount of their contract has to be on clubs salary caps. I don't know why this is a thing but they have to have a good reason.
Well that fucks my theory lol