News Ennis sprays bulldogs halfs

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DWZ’s a winger, then Averillo or Harper in the centres, I’d even put them both in and send Hoppa on a Mormon misson
yup

1.Meaney
2. Smith
3. Averillo/Harper
4.Hoppa
5. DWZ
6. Foran
7. Wakeham
14. Reynolds

I worry about Averillo/Harpers centre defence in FG, but its not like that's working atm anyway.

I'd love to know who's idea it was for Meaney to crowd the attack, leaving 10m of open space on the edge. If he's on the touch line, either of the harbour bridge passes from Lewis & Cogger lands in his lap.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
As much as I can’t stand listening to mick and his commentary, he does make some Valid points. And putting the boot in is deserved with the shit we are dishing up...

However, weather or not we need JR back is a diff story, With Averillo we have a kid with JRs kind of passion, with Fozzy back, and wakeham etc just have to wait an see..!!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In all honesty with that early ball in the attacking zone Reynolds would have set up at least a couple of tries

When I saw Lewis going for the all or nothing short kicks (and the botched 4020 on the 3rd after scoring points) it confirmed that he’s making it up as he does and the players around him have no fkn clue what he is doing!

Reynolds is not the answer but he shits on Cogger and Lewis

I also disagree with Ennis in that he said the pack were busting their ass

Some of them were but there’s a difference between running it hard and plodding//surrendering

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
In all honesty with that early ball in the attacking zone Reynolds would have set up at least a couple of tries

When I saw Lewis going for the all or nothing short kicks (and the botched 4020 on the 3rd after scoring points) it confirmed that he’s making it up as he does and the players around him have no fkn clue what he is doing!

Reynolds is not the answer but he shits on Cogger and Lewis

I also disagree with Ennis in that he said the pack were busting their ass

Some of them were but there’s a difference between running it hard and plodding//surrendering
A couple of tries is too generous, but he defenitely would've create some opportunities with his running game looking more suited to todays game. I still have no interest in him returning.

I'd say the forwards are putting in but the confidence in what they're doing just isn't there and they look to have absolutely no trust in the shit house system Pay has implemented. There just isn't any objective to what we do, just aimlessly taking the ball up and that's it.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Whatever your thoughts are on Ennis, he makes some good points that we’d all pretty much well agree with.

The Reynolds piece is clearly polarising and I don’t know how I’d feel about it. There’s some positives and some pretty solid negatives...

If we have cash to spare in the cap and the Tigers pay a chunk of freight, I’m a actually happy to give it a go as I think for the rest of this year it gives us some positives as we’re pretty screwed how it is.

I’m liking what I see of Averillo but he’s played about 40mins total of first grade and people on here have so far got him in all of their teams as starting centre or fullback or halfback, he needs more minutes off the bench to start with and then see how he develops. To be in that week to week grind of first grade you need time to adjust.

Another thing I got from this is Pay and the recruitment team are definitely at odds, which is a worry, as it seems they could be going in different directions...

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's got a point, bring Reynolds in, team up with foran. Keep Averillo on the bench. Meaney to fullback, DWZ to centre and Smith to the wing.

1.Meaney
2. Smith
3.DWZ
4.Hoppa
5.Crichton (definitely need a new winger)
6.Reynolds
7.Foran
not bad , atleast you know Reynolds would scold anyone who didn’t do the job properly

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
had to argue with most of what he said. Foran and Reynolds are a massive upgrade on what we have. At least those 2 have confidence....... Dean pay mentioned in his press conference that this is what we have at the moment, if players arent improving we need to move on......we need signings asap

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ennis is absolutely spot on.

He mentions Reynolds deal would only be 18 months and that Pay wants a halves pairing of Reynolds and Foran, but wont happen because of people within.

If that is the case, questions need to be asked of the current administration

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can he going to let the whole Reynolds thing go already? It's so transparent.. Everything else he said was pretty accurate.

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Averillo and Wakeham are our future, but as Ennis said they need to be inspired, look up to someone.

We have lost CHN and Whoopie. We have a fair few players off contract. We are not restricted

There is sweet fuck all in terms of spine players available for next year.

It is absolutely diabolical and sucidial if the current administration does not bring in Reynolds effective immeaditely and for the 2021 season along with re-signing Foran on a one year deal.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We obviously have money to spend for the 2020 season. Seriously just get Reynolds for the next year and a half and fuck Foran off at the end of this year. At least we'd have them both this season and surely simple math says we can at least have one of them out there every round.

This is my lineup going forward with Reynolds signed:

1. W. Hopoate
2. N. Meaney
3. M. Harper
4. D. Watene-Zelezniak
5. R. Smith
6. K. Foran
7. B. Wakeham
8. A. Tolman
9. J. Reynolds
10. D. Napa
11. J. Jackson (c)
12. D. Britt
13. C. Smith
-----
14. J. Averillo
15. A. Elliot
16. R. To'omaga
17. R. Faitala-Mariner

- Smith at Centre experiment ends!
- Hopoate at Fullback makes the most sense. He can at least pass the ball and link the halves to the edge.
- Harper needs to be there.
- Watene-Zelezniak at Centre, but wouldn't mind him on the Wing either. Balance of team looks better with he at centre.
- Reynolds to provide clean deliverance and experience at Hooker. If we don't sign him, we need someone else signed at Hooker ASAP.
- Wakeham at Halfback. He's the future and we need him playing footy alongside Foran.
- I'm not happy with the back-row, but that's the cards we're dealt at the moment.
- Elliot plays best off the bench. He is not a starting player.

Surely with this slight change up and some experience in the spine, we can score more than a try a game.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's got a point, bring Reynolds in, team up with foran. Keep Averillo on the bench. Meaney to fullback, DWZ to centre and Smith to the wing.

1.Meaney
2. Smith
3.DWZ
4.Hoppa
5.Crichton (definitely need a new winger)
6.Reynolds
7.Foran

Yeah great idea put two 6’s without a 7

Wakeham and Foran is who we need in the halves

Try katoa at 9
and maybe
averilo at fullback

just not sure how he goes under the high ball

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We obviously have money to spend for the 2020 season. Seriously just get Reynolds for the next year and a half and fuck Foran off at the end of this year. At least we'd have them both this season and surely simple math says we can at least have one of them out there every round.

This is my lineup going forward with Reynolds signed:

1. W. Hopoate
2. N. Meaney
3. M. Harper
4. D. Watene-Zelezniak
5. R. Smith
6. K. Foran
7. B. Wakeham
8. A. Tolman
9. J. Reynolds
10. D. Napa
11. J. Jackson (c)
12. D. Britt
13. C. Smith
-----
14. J. Averillo
15. A. Elliot
16. R. To'omaga
17. R. Faitala-Mariner

- Smith at Centre experiment ends!
- Hopoate at Fullback makes the most sense. He can at least pass the ball and link the halves to the edge.
- Harper needs to be there.
- Watene-Zelezniak at Centre, but wouldn't mind him on the Wing either. Balance of team looks better with he at centre.
- Reynolds to provide clean deliverance and experience at Hooker. If we don't sign him, we need someone else signed at Hooker ASAP.
- Wakeham at Halfback. He's the future and we need him playing footy alongside Foran.
- I'm not happy with the back-row, but that's the cards we're dealt at the moment.
- Elliot plays best off the bench. He is not a starting player.

Surely with this slight change up and some experience in the spine, we can score more than a try a game.

I like this minus
Tolman
Renoylds and Britt

Britt does not start he isn’t good enough

and keep renoylds the fuck away

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like this minus
Tolman
Renoylds and Britt

Britt does not start he isn’t good enough

and keep renoylds the fuck away
Trying my absolute hardest to polish the stinkiest turd in the country. lol

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't like the guy, and he's right about what we dished up yesterday, but Reynolds 100% isn't the answer.

Eddie Munster is just trying to get his God father's child a pay day
Reynolds is getting paid regardless where he is. All that changes is who's paying it.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reynolds is getting paid regardless where he is. All that changes is who's paying it.

Renoylds wants to be playing first grade he is humiliated playing second fiddle but being on that much money.

Ennis is not looking out for our club but is looking out for his mate the God father of his children.

anyone who thinks we should get renoylds has no fucken clue about the game!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Averillo and Wakeham are our future, but as Ennis said they need to be inspired, look up to someone.

We have lost CHN and Whoopie. We have a fair few players off contract. We are not restricted

There is sweet fuck all in terms of spine players available for next year.

It is absolutely diabolical and sucidial if the current administration does not bring in Reynolds effective immeaditely and for the 2021 season along with re-signing Foran on a one year deal.
Lol fuck Reynolds, seriously what garbage.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Seriously if u want reynolds back
u should go check yourself into a Mental House

Skill and talent is required something Reynolds does'nt have