Bulldogs Require Spinal Surgery

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
1. Averillo - This would work. He has ball playing skills and speed. Exactly what you want a fullback to have in the modern game. It's really a second 5/8th. Fitness will take some time. Could always spell him while he is getting up to speed with DWZ and himself swapping roles.
2. DWZ - This is your blinding speed side. Hard but I put him at wing cause I think on 5th tackles he is better in the air and better taking the ball back from kicks.
3. R.Smith - Jury still out on his centre ability. Might play better when the halves are better. His speed and having another just outside him would mean you need to get him early ball so he can use it to great effect.
4. Hopoate - Eventually we will need to get faster here. But every other skill he has is great.
5. ?? - Best of the average bunch left over.
6. Foran - You need a leader. If he stops getting injured he would provide that direction in the backline.
7. Wakeham - He is better than anything else we have and looks to have a next level, that Lewis and Cogger don't.

Just focusing on what we have currently and would fix the team quickly.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Enough farting around. Throw massive money at Grant or B Smith. We missed Robson already, we can’t stuff this!

Foran I’d be inclined to keep now as there isn’t much out there and Fark me, will he get a lucky break with injuries soon?? Down the track a gun half will hit the market again.

wakeham we need at 7 now. We’ve resigned him. Other clubs were sniffing. Tell him it’s his now and see if he’s really got it.

Averillo could be our find for FB. Get him regular time there. Maybe 5/8 in a few years.

Lewis... I see people’s frustration here. The kid is all heart though AND tough. He is one of our strongest defenders. Teach him to pass a little from dummy half and he’s a handy 14. Covers 6,7,9,centre or back row. He’s not the best, but I honestly believe he’s in our best 17.
Agree with all of that, Lewis was an improvement last night (not the answer, but agree in the 17) Averillo has to be int starting side, I think his defense needs to improve a fair bit for FB but that's where he would shine.
Hoppa or Meany to FB, DWZ Centre/Wing, Reimis Wing.
Cogger is woeful im sorry, just doesn't have it.
Grant or B Smith would be priority target.
Wakeham to start at 7, with Foran/Lewis.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agree with all of that, Lewis was an improvement last night (not the answer, but agree in the 17) Averillo has to be int starting side, I think his defense needs to improve a fair bit for FB but that's where he would shine.
Lewis was an improvement lol, bro the **** is fucking toxic and needs to be released asap so he's no where near the side.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lewis was an improvement lol, bro the c*** is fucking toxic and needs to be released asap so he's no where near the side.
Yep ok.
How were the other 16 guys. Think the out right hate of the bloke here clouds some real problems within the rest of the team. Defense was great as normal, kicks were well placed and was taking the line on most of the night.
Cogger throws balls into touch, to the other team looked completely lost.
Not aot he can do when our forwards were showing sweet Fk all.
RFM needed more time on the field as did RT.
Our right edge defense was non existent

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yep ok.
How were the other 16 guys
Not much better, but there's not as if they don't have improvement in them with a better half in the side and much better systems in place. One of the biggest disappointments is Jackson, knew the club should not have offered him that big deal, probably part of the problem at the club.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not much better, but there's not as if they don't have improvement in them with a better half in the side and much better systems in place. One of the biggest disappointments is Jackson, knew the club should not have offered him that big deal, probably part of the problem at the club.
Agree that he's far from the best half in the comp mate honestly do. Jackson agree was below average, DWZ he's there for last years form, entire backline were garbage. Forwards soft. He cant control the entire teams effort.
Wait til we get Foran back see how we go. We are in a world of hurt if nothing changes soon.
Needs to be a few dropped this week and put on notice.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
lewis is all about lewis, no communication no organization his shitty little kicks are all for himself hes not a team player never will be

playing park footy is his go

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agree that he's far from the best half in the comp mate honestly do. Jackson agree was below average, DWZ he's there for last years form, entire backline were garbage. Forwards soft. He cant control the entire teams effort.
Wait til we get Foran back see how we go. We are in a world of hurt if nothing changes soon.
Needs to be a few dropped this week and put on notice.
Wakeham is a clear and obvious upgrade on Lewis, he simply needs to be playing. The issue is chopping and changing players will do little unless the system in place changes and supports these players. JMK is also pathetic.

Forwards obviously weren't good enough but it's not as bad as it may appear imo. Our average set gain wasn't that far off manly along with our play the ball speed...the biggest issue was ball movement, speed of play and tactics. If this can improve we can at least start closing the gap and start threatening the defence, maybe with a bit of confidence and belief in what they're doing they might play that fraction of second quicker, smarter or harder and that could be the difference...but yes, we need some better forwards.

Pay, Lewis and JMK still the most accountable.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wakeham is a clear and obvious upgrade on Lewis, he simply needs to be playing. The issue is chopping and changing players will do little unless the system in place changes and supports these players. JMK is also pathetic.

Forwards obviously weren't good enough but it's not as bad as it may appear imo. Our average set gain wasn't that far off manly along with our play the ball speed...the biggest issue was ball movement, speed of play and tactics. If this can improve we can at least start closing the gap and start threatening the defence, maybe with a bit of confidence and belief in what they're doing they might play that fraction of second quicker, smarter or harder and that could be the difference...but yes, we need some better forwards.

Agree Wakeham to start that’s a no brainer for us anyway.
Wakeham and Foran. Averillo needs to be in there also.

Last comment only Pay for mine, his decisions and game plan if any.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

We offer nothing from dummy half. No vision. No eyes up. JMK just shovels the ball out to any runner beside him...whether decoy runner or not (even those few times we put a decoy runner play on). It's all on the coach if players can't execute any sort of counterattack.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I think either of the Storm 9’s are long odds unless C. Smith goes around again in 2021 - but surely the Storm have designed their own plans (squad/cap) around him exiting this year? I actually thought JMK wasn’t too bad last night in an average performance across the park.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think either of the Storm 9’s are long odds unless C. Smith goes around again in 2021 - but surely the Storm have designed their own plans (squad/cap) around him exiting this year? I actually thought JMK wasn’t too bad last night in an average performance across the park.
Can you see JMK turning into a top class hooker though? Ok performances are about what he’s capable of. He just doesn’t have the natural instincts of a good hooker which is the most important thing. He just passes the ball to whoever calls for and goes for the odd reason premeditated run. A hooker is the number one priory for sure in my opinion.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Can you see JMK turning into a top class hooker though? Ok performances are about what he’s capable of. He just doesn’t have the natural instincts of a good hooker which is the most important thing. He just passes the ball to whoever calls for and goes for the odd reason premeditated run. A hooker is the number one priory for sure in my opinion.
I don’t disagree and wasn’t suggesting JMK was the future - more among the better of a bad bunch right now. In the absence of either of the Melbourne boys it’s slim pickings - eg: not sold on Friend - yes, he might be better then what we have now but aren’t we trying to avoid bringing those inching towards the end of their careers in for a payday as we’ve done before?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t disagree and wasn’t suggesting JMK was the future - more among the better of a bad bunch right now. In the absence of either of the Melbourne boys it’s slim pickings - eg: not sold on Friend - yes, he might be better then what we have now but aren’t we trying to avoid bringing those inching towards the end of their careers in for a payday as we’ve done before?
This is my biggest concern heading into next year it doesn't matter how much money we have if there's no one available for what we need.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about Havili as hooker from raiders ? Him Bateman, and a fullback
And we’re good to go. I’d be happy to see averello and Foran it wakeham
And Foran and averello our back and dwz to wing with smith and Hopoate in centres.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
This is my biggest concern heading into next year it doesn't matter how much money we have if there's no one available for what we need.
Agree and that’s why I’m waiting for the transfer window to close. I simply can’t believe these issues have been ignored. If they have, that’s likely when any support I’ve shown for staying the course will waver. Until then...

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jackson has been very disappointing. He doesn't even lead by example. The whole team just look so so flat in both attack and defense.
Game one we looked very good in defense, but games 2 and 3 we just look totally disinterested. The body language of the playing group at half time was terrible. They had completely given up!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I was hopeful with JMK as he looked to be slowly improving. But he has really hit a wall, and i think he has reached his ceiling. Very average indeed.