Consolidated Pay Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And that’s the thing - despite the break and with the 50 game development target, what was the reason - injury? disciplinary?

In the presser there were questions about Foz but none about Wakeham.

Without venturing near the landmine of ‘defending Pay’ again - to me there simply has to be reason he was not there other than coaching incompetence. So going to be very interesting to see who partners Foz (assuming availability) for Round 4 given last nights result.

As for Averillo - looks like he can play anywhere in the backline and that should probably be the focus assuming Foz/Wakeham availability for halves as no-one in the back five is currently travelling particularly well...
Been trying to wrap my head around the whole Wakeham thing as it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me not even having him in the squad.

Realise people want to cry out incompetance, but that doesn't cut it for me. Know that Pay isn't doing great now, but he dropped Lewis last game and had Wakeham there so there hasn't be more to it than that.

Perhaps he's trying to send a signal to Wakeham after signings his extension that he's still gotta earn his spot? I really don't know personally, because even that's a little strange considering he put Cogger and Lewis in front of him and they've done anything but prove that they deserve the spot.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Been trying to wrap my head around the whole Wakeham thing as it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me not even having him in the squad.

Realise people want to cry out incompetance, but that doesn't cut it for me. Know that Pay isn't doing great now, but he dropped Lewis last game and had Wakeham there so there hasn't be more to it than that.

Perhaps he's trying to send a signal to Wakeham after signings his extension that he's still gotta earn his spot? I really don't know personally, because even that's a little strange considering he put Cogger and Lewis in front of him and they've done anything but prove that they deserve the spot.
Lol, the answer is clear and you just need to accept it.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol, the answer is clear and you just need to accept it.
That Pay is shit? Oh, I accepted that before he even started but not having Wakeham there makes absolutely no sense at all. He's a coach who's not doing too well, but I don't believe there wasn't a reason behind him not being there.

He knows Wakeham's better. He started the first two games whereas Cogger didn't. And Lewis was pulled off the field halfway through the second game. Looking at this it makes no sense to drop him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That Pay is shit? Oh, I accepted that before he even started but not having Wakeham there makes absolutely no sense at all. He's a coach who's not doing too well, but I don't believe there wasn't a reason behind him not being there.

He knows Wakeham's better. He started the first two games whereas Cogger didn't. And Lewis was pulled off the field halfway through the second game. Looking at this it makes no sense to drop him.
Pay is out of his depth and has been out of his depth since day one, called it there and then. The exact reason why Pay has decided not to play Wakeham? I don't know, could be numerous things. That halves rotation he was previously taking about? The style of play he wants? Either way the core reason is crystal clear, Pay simply isn't good enough and any competent coach would be playing Wakeham at halfback right now.

The Big Issue

Waterboy
Reaction score
Let’s be honest here- no coach is going to have a great winning percentage with the group Pay has to work with . What’s the point of bringing in another coach that won’t succeed???
On top of that we can’t afford to sack a coach and pay him out. We are broke. No leagues club no money.
On that note when we get back on our feet we need to diversify our investments. Can’t rely so heavily on one stream of money coming in.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Let’s be honest here- no coach is going to have a great winning percentage with the group Pay has to work with . What’s the point of bringing in another coach that won’t succeed???
On top of that we can’t afford to sack a coach and pay him out. We are broke. No leagues club no money.
On that note when we get back on our feet we need to diversify our investments. Can’t rely so heavily on one stream of money coming in.
Fucking loser mentality.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Stop the grief people...
Pay must play players in their right positions .

1 Meaney
2 DWZ
3 Averillo
4 Hopoate
5 Smith
6 Wakeham if Foran is playing halfback if not
7 Foran
8 Tolman
9 Katoa he might not be the greatest hooker but he is !
10 To'omaga
11 Jackson
12 Britt
13 Elliott

14 JMK / Cogger / Lewis
15 Napa
16 Ogden
17 RFM / Sue

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
But but .... the strong finish to last year..... lol

how many times was that brought up pre season when we were told by many that we’d be a force this year, but when some of us said yeah same shit happened the year before too we got howled down for being negative now we’re 0-3

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You’ve cracked it Ben, we need to stop the ball from throwing the team around! :-)

Only joking mate - this is a fair post.
Last night showed very clearly the whole team lacks confidence, which when you’re down only makes things worse.

I would like to know the story behind Wakeham. Was he dropped not only from the 22 announced last Tuesday but the final 17 for a reason - or was it simply a matter of Cogger having a go?

I guess we’ll know on Tuesday but I’m convinced Lewis only played because Foz was not available - and he did himself no service to be considered again as soon as Foz is ready.
Confidence is huge...
Sadly if the coach doesn't have it he can't pass it on to the players
It's a chain reaction !!!

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Honestly understand the feeling. Been there many times before with the teams I've followed both at the Dogs and Liverpool. It's hard. No one likes suffering through these humiliating defeats that lack conviction, passion, pride in the jersey. I completely get it.

However, I don't want the club to roll the dice on the coach and lose out again. I really don't. They rolled the dice with Dessie and I was sure they'd played that right, but it's set us back years and years. We do that again, and I honestly fear for the future of the club.

On the flipside we keep playing like we did today and .... so I understand your feelings. Believe it or not.
Honestly understand the feeling. Been there many times before with the teams I've followed both at the Dogs and Liverpool. It's hard. No one likes suffering through these humiliating defeats that lack conviction, passion, pride in the jersey. I completely get it.

However, I don't want the club to roll the dice on the coach and lose out again. I really don't. They rolled the dice with Dessie and I was sure they'd played that right, but it's set us back years and years. We do that again, and I honestly fear for the future of the club.

On the flipside we keep playing like we did today and .... so I understand your feelings. Believe it or not.
Don't be afraid of the dark
walk with hope in your heart...YNWA :tearsofjoy:

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You’ve cracked it Ben, we need to stop the ball from throwing the team around! :-)

Only joking mate - this is a fair post.
Last night showed very clearly the whole team lacks confidence, which when you’re down only makes things worse.

I would like to know the story behind Wakeham. Was he dropped not only from the 22 announced last Tuesday but the final 17 for a reason - or was it simply a matter of Cogger having a go?

I guess we’ll know on Tuesday but I’m convinced Lewis only played because Foz was not available - and he did himself no service to be considered again as soon as Foz is ready.
All I know
If Wakeham didn't do anything wrong...Pay did !

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis will start at 7 again, you watch. Reimis will be in centres again, if he's injured (not sure what happened to him in the game), he'll pick either Holland or Montoya instead of Harper, he'll continue on with DWZ at fullback because he'll eventually come good, and he'll continue with his stupid bench use of letting Tolman play 70 minutes and restricting Renouf to 15 mins.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis will start at 7 again, you watch. Reimis will be in centres again, if he's injured (not sure what happened to him in the game), he'll pick either Holland or Montoya instead of Harper, he'll continue on with DWZ at fullback because he'll eventually come good, and he'll continue with his stupid bench use of letting Tolman play 70 minutes and restricting Renouf to 15 mins.
Dangerous game to play in a contract year. He might know a thing or two about plans for next year but his future is not assured at this point and he’s simply got to get the team moving forward if he wants to extend his tenure.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Dangerous game to play in a contract year. He might know a thing or two about plans for next year but his future is not assured at this point and he’s simply got to get the team moving forward if he wants to extend his tenure.
He's predictable mate, he won't move away from his "trusted" players. He showed that at the start of last year.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
He's predictable mate, he won't move away from his "trusted" players. He showed that at the start of last year.
Which he’ll do at his own peril. The board extended him by 12 months once and can’t simply turn a blind eye if performances like last night become the norm. There’s losing and there’s not even being in the contest. We know last night was the latter.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Which he’ll do at his own peril. The board extended him by 12 months once and can’t simply turn a blind eye if performances like last night become the norm. There’s losing and there’s not even being in the contest. We know last night was the latter.
100%

the look on his face From the box, also told a thousand words. It’s time for the club to move in a different direction, and that’s without Pay..!!

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And that’s the thing - despite the break and with the 50 game development target, what was the reason - injury? disciplinary?

In the presser there were questions about Foz but none about Wakeham.

Without venturing near the landmine of ‘defending Pay’ again - to me there simply has to be reason he was not there other than coaching incompetence. So going to be very interesting to see who partners Foz (assuming availability) for Round 4 given last nights result.

As for Averillo - looks like he can play anywhere in the backline and that should probably be the focus assuming Foz/Wakeham availability for halves as no-one in the back five is currently travelling particularly well...
Dinkum...
Are you saying what I am thinking ?
Pay can't coach attack !!!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The winner of next weeks cripple fight is really the loser as it will buy more time for Pay or McGregor.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sadly for Pay the writing is on the wall
Management must see it !

Status
Not open for further replies.