Opinion Thoughts on Averillo

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As a starting hooker F-oath but his a gem of a utility though... He'll be a good jersey 17.
Even as a starting hooker he isn’t that bad, honestly JMK is the least of our problems. You have good 6&7 the nine doesn’t need to be a superstar.

Bulldogs91

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think they should start rfm averillo try starting averillo at 9 they need to change there 1,6,7,9 put Smith on the wing put harper into the starting line up move dwz in centres or wing take tolman out sign Bateman chase halves from England got Austin Seizer need to sign a fullback there's nick cotric off contract for Canberra hes only 21 chase him Alex Johnston off contract at souths he's a good fb

Last edited:

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
that try tonight was a massive fuck you to Lewis

Lewis should have been there to collect his own kick, instead Averillo felt like he should run in there and take it, and scored

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hey guys

Months off and the dogs produce an absolute turd of a performance

Just wanted to get everyone’s thoughts on Averillo
Yeah I like him don’t know why he isn’t getting more game time

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
A breath of fresh air needs to start

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That’s 2 short stints for a try and try assist with a nice grubber before covid lockdown
Bloke has showed more football brains then half the team

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Averillo will struggle in defence but looks like he has great speed. I don't think we have the side that will cover his defence while he works his way into first grade.

Malla

Reaction score
He's our only hope in attack. I think he's being kept from starting on this team because of how shit we are and not wanting to damage his confidence. He should be starting when Foran is back tho.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is a good kid and very keen to do well...comes from a good family who luv the club....he is a handy at cricket also
Hey guys

Months off and the dogs produce an absolute turd of a performance

Just wanted to get everyone’s thoughts on Averillo

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Well if it wasn't for his individual effort we score no points at all yesterday. You look how Newie stepped up without any stars and our performance looks ever worse than it already did. We're fuked!

zac hollywood

Waterboy
Reaction score
What your seeing with jake is a kid who understands space in attack. look at our fullback and halves atm. Zelezniak , this guy is a dumb footballer, he thinks he is a tough guy trying to run over blokes all the time and he cant pass the football, also he has proved he is iffy under the high ball. every time I watch lewis I think I'm transported back to 1975 and watching bomber peard, 4 up for the up and under. Cogger , well pays love child, he is not a first grade half, never will be, but pay will keep giving him umpteenth chances cause he probably sucked up when he coached him in junior reps. Let me say we have a really average side, speed and ability wise, but we are coached pathetically. Young jake doesn't tackle really well, and will leak points if he gets isolated like last night, he hasn't since he was first in our development squads when he was 13, but how do you bring him on, and don't play him in the halves where he can get some multiple touches and advance his game by telling first grade blokes where to stand and what he wants them to do, because he is already better at that now than the halves we have, and tell me he isn't the kid you want to have with the ball in his hands after a quick play the ball.......... We are of the pace not just on the field but off it as well.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Watching him play only about 15 minutes, it's pretty clear he's a talent

Kind of feel sorry for him being stuck in our side this year

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is the most natural footballer in the squad..... need to lock him, keep him in the 17

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Iv changed my thinking re Averillo and a few others - start him at FB DWZ to the wing bring in Harper to centre with Hopoate put smith back on the wing Wakeham n Foran in the halves.
Unless Meaney has clear space he has nothing and cant do the job of bringing back the ball, Chrichton was better last night.

Britt cant play second row - too slow as was shown in the trials - oppos get to his outside should too quickly - middle bench or grandstand.

Desperately short of second rowers who can break a defence and defend on the edge - Elliot n Jackson are far more suited now to the middle.

Lewis to the bench - at best - admire his defence but his attack is woeful.
What your seeing with jake is a kid who understands space in attack. look at our fullback and halves atm. Zelezniak , this guy is a dumb footballer, he thinks he is a tough guy trying to run over blokes all the time and he cant pass the football, also he has proved he is iffy under the high ball. every time I watch lewis I think I'm transported back to 1975 and watching bomber peard, 4 up for the up and under. Cogger , well pays love child, he is not a first grade half, never will be, but pay will keep giving him umpteenth chances cause he probably sucked up when he coached him in junior reps. Let me say we have a really average side, speed and ability wise, but we are coached pathetically. Young jake doesn't tackle really well, and will leak points if he gets isolated like last night, he hasn't since he was first in our development squads when he was 13, but how do you bring him on, and don't play him in the halves where he can get some multiple touches and advance his game by telling first grade blokes where to stand and what he wants them to do, because he is already better at that now than the halves we have, and tell me he isn't the kid you want to have with the ball in his hands after a quick play the ball.......... We are of the pace not just on the field but off it as well.
Zac Hollywood - well said - Averillo is a natural footballer but defensively he will struggle in fg but the only place someone can improve is by playing fg - not likely to get better watching - no NSW Cup is an issue as well.
Your point about DWZ - so true - good that he runs hard but any good defneder or two contains him - they know he wont pass or step.
Cogger was crap at Newcastle - ordinary defender ordinary with the ball - enough opportunities.