Consolidated Pay Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
A club with very limited funds and pull but as I said look who they’ve bought
Oh that’s right, Newcastle tried tooth and nail to keep them. We did a great job.

Anyway, back to my previous comment;
Nathan Brown, absolute putrid. In comes in Adam O’Brien and you have yourself an undefeated team, a comeback of champions while two of their spine are out early in the match and their best player out before the game.

And I’ll add, they aren’t a team of superstars by any means without Ponga and Mitchell. The tactics were brilliant, the 1%ers were amazing and missed goals plus a bombed try cost them the win. So yes, coached to win. If you don’t see that, then that’s fine. You’re only paid to see the one eyed monster

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Oh that’s right, Newcastle tried tooth and nail to keep them. We did a great job.

Anyway, back to my previous comment;
Nathan Brown, absolute putrid. In comes in Adam O’Brien and you have yourself an undefeated team, a comeback of champions while two of their spine are out early in the match and their best player out before the game.

And I’ll add, they aren’t a team of superstars by any means without Ponga and Mitchell. The tactics were brilliant, the 1%ers were amazing and missed goals plus a bombed try cost them the win. So yes, coached to win. If you don’t see that, then that’s fine. You’re only paid to see the one eyed monster
I’m not paid by the club. I just call things as I see them. Do you forget how bad the knights were during rebuild? Was it 3 wooden spoons in a row? That is a bad comparison

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We aren’t going to sign anyone with this fucktard running the show.... he must struggle to even tie his own shoelaces
He actually has velcro shoes, but he still struggles.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m not paid by the club. I just call things as I see them. Do you forget how bad the knights were during rebuild? Was it 3 wooden spoons in a row? That is a bad comparison
Lmao the name was ‘Nathan Brown’.
so you’re telling me, that if Brown got another year with the team he implemented, they would be what they’re doing now?
And most of the team they have this year was there last year. Not one game did they play like tonight

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if super coach will praise the likes of Tolman and Lewis in the press conference and when asked what can we take out of the game he will say we are a young squad and I was proud of there effort same shit different week he needs to be sacked this week ffs

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lmao the name was ‘Nathan Brown’.
so you’re telling me, that if Brown got another year with the team he implemented, they would be what they’re doing now?
And most of the team they have this year was there last year. Not one game did they play like tonight
Des inherited Barrett’s roster too. Without a crystal ball who knows

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I love my club... but I can no longer watch while pay is here
You said this exact line every week since about Round 8 last year. You also promised protests out the front of Bulldogs HQ. All talk no action Alzz

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Des inherited Barrett’s roster too. Without a crystal ball who knows
So in line with what you’re saying, we need a new coach to bring out the best of what we have? Sure as hell Pay isn’t doing that ATM

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You said this exact line every week since about Round 8 last year. You also promised protests out the front of Bulldogs HQ. All talk no action Alzz
Do you enjoy the capitulation of our club

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So in line with what you’re saying, we need a new coach to bring out the best of what we have? Sure as hell Pay isn’t doing that ATM
No, who knows how both would’ve done once they got a FULL roster they WANTED

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The depressing thing about it is, manly were poor too today and no where near 100% and still put a 28 point gap Incl 5 missed conversions.

Let that sink in for a sec

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
even with a full salary cap the club would be very lucky to sign any other players of significant quality due to our coach and our board,
many will say the board has nothing to do with it, wrong the board has everything to do with it, players want to see a board that wants success a board that makes things happen, not a board that extends the contract of a coach who struggles to put together any sort of game plan
if the board were serious they would issue a statement sending a clear message to everyone, players coach trainers they are all under the microscope we have huge numbers off contract, resigning rubbish will not help us in any way shape or form

eman & the Utai SLAM

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was watching the game and its the first time i wanted the score to be 0-50 against the dogs. this is from a 30 year fan from the 80's, we need something to change.

its the definition of insanity to keep trying the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. tonights match was lost because of our 5th tackle options, our 2nd row and front work their butts off to get up the field but we cant maintain any pressure or do anything a standard half or 5/8 does... and thats put in a decent kick. Pay needs to give Wakeham and Averillo a go.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The depressing thing about it is, manly were poor too today and no where near 100% and still put a 28 point gap Incl 5 missed conversions.

Let that sink in for a sec
Manly were not poor. They played pretty well in late greasy conditions but take nothing away from the shitness of what Dean Pay provides.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Manly were not poor. They played pretty well in late greasy conditions but take nothing away from the shitness of what Dean Pay provides.
Manly were rubbish
You’re kidding yourself if u think they got out of 1st gear
What about the 5 or 6 missed conversions?
That didn’t happen either
Or is that not poor goal kicking
Couple of moments of brilliance from turbos doesn’t make an 80min game

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Been an interesting read on here that's for sure ...

The truth is, there's no easy answer and no easy fix. Those simply saying that it's Pay's fault that we're playing so badly aren't looking deep enough. Our club has a whole host of issues that simply won't go away over night, which is why we need some type of stablity for an extended time.

Pay isn't the answer, and I don't think anyone on here is truly saying that he is. No, not even @Natboy :grinning: However, all those calling for his immediate sacking ... the only coach that could step into a team like this and make an immediate improvement is an experienced one. Someone who knows what he's doing. What coach of that credentials is available right now?

I hear a lot talking about young up-and-coming coaches, but is throwing them into this pile of shit really going to bring the best out of them? Would it be in our best interest to take that gamble? Yes, anything is better than we're currently doing I get what many of you're saying. Anything is better than what Pay's dishing out.

I actually get it, I really do. Pay has been here long enough to have left some type of mark ... a positive one! OK. He's been hampered by injuries, salary cap problems, issues off the field etc. but I'd still expect him to be able to make more of a difference. What players has he improved? Does the team have a positive identity? A specific way positive we play? These are the basics I'd expect from the coach, but I honestly don't think we can see we can say yes to any of those?

He's not the answer, but the problem isn't that people are saying he is. More that there's really no other option right now. And I honestly don't think there is.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Been an interesting read on here that's for sure ...

The truth is, there's no easy answer and no easy fix. Those simply saying that it's Pay's fault that we're playing so badly aren't looking deep enough. Our club has a whole host of issues that simply won't go away over night, which is why we need some type of stablity for an extended time.

Pay isn't the answer, and I don't think anyone on here is truly saying that he is. No, not even @Natboy :grinning: However, all those calling for his immediate sacking ... the only coach that could step into a team like this and make an immediate improvement is an experienced one. Someone who knows what he's doing. What coach of that credentials is available right now?

I hear a lot talking about young up-and-coming coaches, but is throwing them into this pile of shit really going to bring the best out of them? Would it be in our best interest to take that gamble? Yes, anything is better than we're currently doing I get what many of you're saying. Anything is better than what Pay's dishing out.

I actually get it, I really do. Pay has been here long enough to have left some type of mark ... a positive one! OK. He's been hampered by injuries, salary cap problems, issues off the field etc. but I'd still expect him to be able to make more of a difference. What players has he improved? Does the team have a positive identity? A specific way positive we play? These are the basics I'd expect from the coach, but I honestly don't think we can see we can say yes to any of those?

He's not the answer, but the problem isn't that people are saying he is. More that there's really no other option right now. And I honestly don't think there is.
No other option? You make it seem as if no other coach could do any better.. Well ask yourself this, could another coach do any worse?

And if not, then why delay the inevitable and just write off 17 valuable games to develop players by keeping Pay?

Look at Adam O'Brien and how well he's doing. Many here scoffed when he was suggested because he was "unproven" as a candidate and he has Newcastle undefeated.

Status
Not open for further replies.