John Bateman

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I DONT GIVE A SHIT IF ITS LYN OR LYNNE. If you haven't noticed people spell her name incorrectly on purpose to piss people like you off. She's living off her dad's hard work. She should never have been elected. Can't wait till she gone. Thank God that won't be long.
Oh ok I think you missed the news Chris left and it’s Lynne haha

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bateman won’t be our saviour, but I think he could be a good inclusion if it happens.

money is much better spent elsewhere, but there’s not a lot of options at the moment.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should offer big bucks to the Raiders UK scout.... 5 from 5

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
We should offer big bucks to the Raiders UK scout.... 5 from 5
The funny thing is two years ago on this forum I said we should be reading England for top talent and I was lol'ed at.

Ricky Stuart however was reading...

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A John Bateman thread has turned into a bash the coach / management thread. Can tell when the Dogs lose on here ...

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hooper said on NRL 360 tonight he has reached out to Wigan

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
but because iof hius kid and fam he would accept a bit less to go back over.

Dogs need to start being able to get their man.

Surely 750k over 4 years gets him.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
mabkly are one of te prem favourites so why are ppl surprised they smashed us when we have so many injuries?

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course he would have. He wants as much money as possible
and we will payovers for him

so the board / recruitment/ coach can look like geniuses and say look at us we got him

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
and we will payovers for him

so the board / recruitment/ coach can look like geniuses and say look at us we got him
Yep and for the money it won’t be a good buy. But let’s face it we could all do with some positive news and if Bateman signs that’s a positive I just think it will be way overs.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Have we signed the batman yet?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hooper said on NRL 360 tonight he has reached out to Wigan
If we miss out on him it's the end fellas ... We need one big fish. Miss him I guarantee we will end up signing ***** like Jack Bird.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yep and for the money it won’t be a good buy. But let’s face it we could all do with some positive news and if Bateman signs that’s a positive I just think it will be way overs.
Fuck why do we all care about money ? We are paying Tolman and Foran a shit load... What's 800k for Bateman when we are going to have so much space. Just sign him for 3 years but give him an option to leave to Wigan in the last season if he wants to be with his daughter... It's not like elite talent will flood to us that would make our cap unmanageable from this deal...

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fuck why do we all care about money ? We are paying Tolman and Foran a shit load... What's 800k for Bateman when we are going to have so much space. Just sign him for 3 years but give him an option to leave to Wigan in the last season if he wants to be with his daughter... It's not like elite talent will flood to us that would make our cap unmanageable from this deal...
We do still have a salary cap don’t we ? Why pay overs for a bloke that’s good but isn’t going to lead us to a final. It’s going to take a squad effort and elite players in key positions.
I’m all for getting Bateman but if it came down to giving Bateman a couple of hundred over or the next Tedesco , Cook etc a couple of extra hundred to get them here I’d prefer the key position players.... The NRL player market changes weekly