Official Round 3 - Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles - Discussion Thread

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is our best prop... Napa is hot and cold, RT, Ogden and RFM are still raw at NRL level in the middle and Britt is a backrower. Sue will get a run today but he shouldve been playing in the ESL 3 years ago.

Recruitment hinges a lot on RFM, Ogden and RT so hopefully they knuckle down and consolidate their spots.

He is our best? whaT makes you say that?
All the rep games he has played?
All the metres he makes?
All the big hits he puts on?

he is a myth

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
They are all wet behind the ears but until we pick our best halves and and stick with them there will be no improvement in any of them. Changing halves week to week ruins the continuity of the whole side
I hear you in terms of consistency but are we sure Wakeham is our best half? Some say yes, others aren’t convinced (at least yet). Anyway it’s up to Cogger if he wants to be retained beyond 2020.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Y
I’m feeling an upset today. I think the new rules actually might suit us. JMK can get out and run from DH. One thing I took from the first 2 games was indeed how fit we actually looked. Players looked ripped. Not a bit of pudginess like recent years.

A stat I found interesting is that Manly have only scored one try in there opening two games. There attack is not exactly setting the world on fire either.
Yeah but they played Melbourne and the Roosters that's why

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If there’s one thing that’s obvious In the games so far (6) and the new rules/interpretation....you need run and gun halves not slow as a wet week guy like Lewis

And his so called rock solid defence is overrated, go watch his last 3 games

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If there’s one thing that’s obvious In the games so far (6) and the new rules/interpretation....you need run and gun halves not slow as a wet week guy like Lewis

And his so called rock solid defence is overrated, go watch his last 3 games
Unless our attack has had major improvements since round 2 a tackle restart won’t really do us much good anyway. It will just be extra tackles for hit ups to set up one attacking play or a kick on the last.

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can’t see us scoring more than 10 points...this going to be a long afternoon.
fortunately rugby league is a team game and not played on paper. If they are disciplined and make minimal errors they will be right in this match. I’m expecting some if out props to struggle with the 6 agains so interchange is going to be critical but we do have a stronger than usual bench. Jackson will relish the extra fatigue. $3.10 is great value head to head.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I hear you in terms of consistency but are we sure Wakeham is our best half? Some say yes, others aren’t convinced (at least yet). Anyway it’s up to Cogger if he wants to be retained beyond 2020.
Yeh it's hard to call yet with wakeham. He's only played a couple of games and paired with another rookie. Halves are rarely great in their first few years. Our problem when Foran is out is we have 3 or 4 to choose from that are all in their first few years.

If Foran always played, i think whoever he paired with, they would play better than they do with another rookie.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The best half at the club is Bailey but he’s a bit green for first grade but for now yeah I believe wakeham is our best option and has the potential to be a great half but like I said none of them are going to improve under the current system

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anasta, Ikin and Hindy ripping the Dogs attack again....

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Anasta, Ikin and Hindy ripping the Dogs attack again....
I know, problem is they were 100% correct. Especially when Hindy said he could do the same with our last tackle options lol

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Unless our attack has had major improvements since round 2 a tackle restart won’t really do us much good anyway. It will just be extra tackles for hit ups to set up one attacking play or a kick on the last.
JMK has enough speed to jump out of DH off a quick PTB I’ve seen him do it on the rare occasions but he’s so pre meditated in his play ie pass to Tolman on the 4th so even if there was an opening he doesn’t seem to have the ‘eyes up’ nous to take advantage of it.

Lewis lacks any sort of running game so fair to say defenders will just rush up on his outsides

I don’t mind Cogger but he needs the lions share of ball in attacking zone if we are any chance of scoring points

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Sue will have a solid game today. He looks strong and fit and ready to go.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
High ball struggles or not, still plenty of other things that simply aren't good enough. Wonder if him and the staff are smart enough to have him running back in and around the ruck? There may be some chances for him there so the rule changes may benefit him a bit..
This rule change has added even more to the FB position and value ...both their playing role and probably money.