Major Sponsor

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No doubt businesses have been suffering, so throwing a million dollars + at some NRL club isn’t something that many are capable of or comfortable doing. We need to be the club offering something different. I’d consider all options like home and away sponsors or alternate wks sponsorship. We have 20 games minimum, sign 2 groups to 10 game sponsorships and alternate each wk. maybe offer 1 of the sponsors the exclusive rights to the jerseys that sell to the fans and they pay a little premium for that bonus. Sell the rights to finals appearances, if we make the finals offer the sponsors the right to bid on who will be displayed on the jersey that game.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I would be stoked if we get Samsung.

I went to Rashays on Friday because I wanted to get a beer with a mate and pubs are not open, the garlic pizza was delicious but the chicken schnitzel burger was below average. Best beer they had was 150 lashes which only just scrapes in as drinkable. In summation, Rashays sucks, but hey I had a beer that was not at home, yay?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I would be stoked if we get Samsung.

I went to Rashays on Friday because I wanted to get a beer with a mate and pubs are not open, the garlic pizza was delicious but the chicken schnitzel burger was below average. Best beer they had was 150 lashes which only just scrapes in as drinkable. In summation, Rashays sucks, but hey I had a beer that was not at home, yay?
Samsung would be huge, but they dabbled with the NRL when they used to sponsor the Chooks a decade or so ago.
They walked when Nate Myles shat in a hotel corridor and when the Chooks were average on field - so performance and behaviour are key - we were obviously struggling with the former in recent seasons but managed to convince Rashays to drop $2m anyway until the latter ruined that too.
So hopefully with an improved 2021 squad/on-field performance and no more player indiscretions the situation will quickly improve.
I agree with you on Rashay's - tried it once and wouldn't rush back - but anyone who was willing to drop $2m into the Dogs shouldn't be scoffed at.

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hyundai just gave the FFA the arse, but probably more for economic reasons than anything else.

Would love to see them back, but the fact that they own Kia makes that highly unlikely.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't think any company has spare money for new sponsorship, we are going to be lucky to get much out of the Leagues club.
Don't mind the battler image.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think potential sponsors might hold off until a round or 2 is played again. See what the ratings look like. They will probably get more international viewers than usual being one of the first sports back running. Big markets like usa and England look far off with their sports recommencing, with their much worse covid situations. Even beating afl back to the park. Will be interesting

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting to see Cronulla, Manly and South all add sponsors over the last couple of weeks..........

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I saw the Rashays guy in the CommBank ad on tv.... he looks like he’s going to eat my soul...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I saw the Rashays guy in the CommBank ad on tv.... he looks like he’s going to eat my soul...
I saw that too he should be president of the comancheros not running a restaurant

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think potential sponsors might hold off until a round or 2 is played again. See what the ratings look like. They will probably get more international viewers than usual being one of the first sports back running. Big markets like usa and England look far off with their sports recommencing, with their much worse covid situations. Even beating afl back to the park. Will be interesting
300 million viewed the eels broncos game so
I said a few weeks ago I think we will find a sponsor pretty quick

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hit up Amazon...they’ve made massive covid-profits

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Who wants to sponsor this garbage

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No doubt businesses have been suffering, so throwing a million dollars + at some NRL club isn’t something that many are capable of or comfortable doing. We need to be the club offering something different. I’d consider all options like home and away sponsors or alternate wks sponsorship. We have 20 games minimum, sign 2 groups to 10 game sponsorships and alternate each wk. maybe offer 1 of the sponsors the exclusive rights to the jerseys that sell to the fans and they pay a little premium for that bonus. Sell the rights to finals appearances, if we make the finals offer the sponsors the right to bid on who will be displayed on the jersey that game.
See this is why u should be in sales... Watching media space go to waste on jerseys is just Ludacris. Offering deals that business's see as an opportunity can be extremely helpful for every party involved.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After last night's game we won't have any sponsors at all this year and don't deserve them.
Perhaps a laxative company could sponsor us because we are all going to have the shits anyway
A blue coloured Samsung logo would be a killer look for us.

You'd almost take the sponsorship for less just to give off a premium look, which in turn would gather us more interest from other companies that want to share that Jersey space.