John Bateman

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flegler and Bateman would be two great signings along with Thompson. I'd be thrilled if we got all three..

As much as those three would transform our pack, we'd still be very weak in the spine positions. Hopefully they have a hooker, fullback and another winger/centre in mind to complete the recruitment drive.

If they fail to improve the team in the spine, we'll still struggle to score despite how great our pack would all of a sudden be.
I agree I’d be targeting odd men out at their clubs guys like Matt burton or jake Clifford in the halves for example haven’t heard anything as of yet though

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree I’d be targeting odd men out at their clubs guys like Matt burton or jake Clifford in the halves for example haven’t heard anything as of yet though
Definitely. There are good young halves and fullbacks out there who can't get a run. But hooker is still the most glaring issue in the team I think.

The good news is that even if we signed Bateman and Flegler with Thompson they should still have enough cap space to lure younger spine players.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely. There are good young halves and fullbacks out there who can't get a run. But hooker is still the most glaring issue in the team I think.

The good news is that even if we signed Bateman and Flegler with Thompson they should still have enough cap space to lure younger spine players.
Yep agree I am more skeptical on the flegler front than I was on the bateman one but would all be huge i think hooker is a big need too haven’t had a good look at who’s available

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep agree I am more skeptical on the flegler front than I was on the bateman one but would all be huge i think hooker is a big need too haven’t had a good look at who’s available
Weren't we after Darryl Clarke from England?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thankfully these days players who aren't available or off contract are still potentially available if the right offer or opportunity presents itself.

It's great to finally be in a position with our cap where the club can be aggressive and pounce when opportunities arise.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah Napa’s knees are shot think they’re looking at him for when Napa comes off contract
Guler would also be a good option and is off contract at the same time...but fmd can the club do something about 1-9, playing Lewis really makes me think they're putting no where near enough effort in those areas.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All these democratic run states have caused the revolt , they did a fake impeachment in Donald trump, wire tapped his phones and set up a 30 year veteran who made a call to the Ukraine to say he colloided with Russia to win the election, Nancy pelosi, coumo and the mayor of thus town has a lot to answer for. We got stimulus packages over there it took them over a month to even get money out, these cops better be charged or else riots will continue. Do your research on obamagate, it’s factual and real and Obama over saw the biggest political scandal in us history , in the next few months it will be shown just how corrupt Obama Biden etc really were. It’s just a great shame the msm isn’t reporting exactly why they are rioting and why protesters have taken to the streets

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All these democratic run states have caused the revolt , they did a fake impeachment in Donald trump, wire tapped his phones and set up a 30 year veteran who made a call to the Ukraine to say he colloided with Russia to win the election, Nancy pelosi, coumo and the mayor of thus town has a lot to answer for. We got stimulus packages over there it took them over a month to even get money out, these cops better be charged or else riots will continue. Do your research on obamagate, it’s factual and real and Obama over saw the biggest political scandal in us history , in the next few months it will be shown just how corrupt Obama Biden etc really were. It’s just a great shame the msm isn’t reporting exactly why they are rioting and why protesters have taken to the streets
Wrong thread haha meant to put in us riots thread

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weren't we after Darryl Clarke from England?
Clark is locked in with Wolves till 2023 I watch a fair bit of super league I reckon currently he is the best 9 playing over there he has past Roby Imo roby has been down in form and missed a fair few games with injuries I would love to get Clark to the club but don't see Wolves letting him go with out a fight

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bateman is well suited to new rules so hope we get him, assume once Cam Smith makes a call on 21 we know if the other Smith or Grant are going anywhere. We badly need a 9

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
STUART REACTS TO BATEMAN SPECULATION

He might not want it to happen, but Canberra coach Ricky Stuart appears resigned to the fact that he won’t have John Bateman in his side next year.

Canberra gave the Englishman the time to hit the open market last week after the player’s management had asked for a release.

Bateman, still recovering from injury, has been allowed to talk to other NRL sides as he seeks an $800,000 per year deal.

The Bulldogs are reportedly leading the race for his signature, and Stuart admits that he can’t spend all his time worrying about Bateman.

“It’s a part of the business, it’s a very challenging time at the moment because John is a big part of the family,” said Stuart.

“I have a great relationship with John and we don’t want to lose him.

“There are different scenarios and circumstances around the decision which is very unfortunate but there’s a squad of players I’ve got here to worry about. I can’t take my eye off that and Don [Furner Jnr - Raiders CEO] has already said that he has been giving the opportunity to test the market because he and his manager are after a bigger pay day.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/2100ad8026bcd4aaccb83a19cd37421a

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There you have it. An admission by coach that he is all but gone. If we fail to nail his signature, then that's just plain terrible. If we get him, then Kudos to our management.

He might not want it to happen, but Canberra coach Ricky Stuart appears resigned to the fact that he won’t have John Bateman in his side next year.

Canberra gave the Englishman the time to hit the open market last week after the player’s management had asked for a release.

Bateman, still recovering from injury, has been allowed to talk to other NRL sides as he seeks an $800,000 per year deal.

The Bulldogs are reportedly leading the race for his signature, and Stuart admits that he can’t spend all his time worrying about Bateman.

“It’s a part of the business, it’s a very challenging time at the moment because John is a big part of the family,” said Stuart.

“There are different scenarios and circumstances around the decision which is very unfortunate but there’s a squad of players I’ve got here to worry about. I can’t take my eye off that and Don [Furner Jnr - Raiders CEO] has already said that he has been giving the opportunity to test the market because he and his manager are after a bigger pay day.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/2100ad8026bcd4aaccb83a19cd37421a

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll add to this. I would like to have Ricky Stuart as our next coach if things don't work out with Pay.