John Bateman

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The twist is that we won't sign him and he will get his contract topped up by Canberra, the end.
and then we throw 700k at Cotric. I don't know what this club is doing but I really don't want to explode come next year.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think the Bateman signing would be good but wouldn’t we be better spending this sort of money on a Brandan Smith or another hooker who’s very good?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
700k for Cotric, fuck me. I want him but no one is offering him anywhere near that lol.
It'd take that or thereabouts. We should obviously try and get him cheaper I just don't see it personally. Gagai went from the Knights to the Rabbitohs a few years back for a rumoured ~700k and I think it'd take something similar (I have the same opinion regarding JAC too). This type of money is probably why we haven't signed anyone, maybe we're just not willing to pay it. I don't really see an alternative tho. We need top players.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think the Bateman signing would be good but wouldn’t we be better spending this sort of money on a Brandan Smith or another hooker who’s very good?
We should be after both. Brandon Smith would be a better buy than Bateman tho.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
After reading those quotes I’m a little confident we will get Bateman. Hopefully Thompson is in his ear. I completely agree with others that say we need more urgent positions like hooker and centre.

Though let’s be real. Chn leaves a big hole.

Bateman more than fills that.

Thompson and Bateman in. Tolman and Chn out. We obviously have to pay more though I have a feeling with the fact des rated tolman as the best prop In the world and the back end nightmares he’s on a big wicket. Chn wouldn’t be on peanuts. If we are tipping in a couple hundred or so to
Make that it’s a huge win for us.

There has to be a huge warchest left. Whatever happens with Foran he won’t see half of What he’s on. We have money for b smith and addo carr easily. Just don’t know if we can get them here (b Smith obviously under contract but someone similar quality) though Bateman and Thompson here I’m
Sure helps us moving forward in the field and also recruiting!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
700k for Cotric, fuck me. I want him but no one is offering him anywhere near that lol.
I would give him that, only because we have the coin and can manage the rest of the cap accordingly. I think he will be the best all round centre in the game when moved there.
In regards to the cap, deals like that are fine if we offer 2 year deals and fill squad with a few young players like Topine.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I would give him that, only because we have the coin and can manage the rest of the cap accordingly. I think he will be the best all round centre in the game when moved there.
In regards to the cap, deals like that are fine if we offer 2 year deals and fill squad with a few young players like Topine.
spend 700k on a centre who's never played centre?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...est-in-john-bateman/mlcyxnnp30pq1vq5dnclttwcv

Just another article confirming interest from Pay and Jackson.

Wish we'd hurry up and just get him signed, but something tells me there's going to a few more twists to this saga yet
I think it might be a few weeks away at the earliest till we get an answer. I think Bateman will hold off as long as possible in hope that the Raiders have a change of heart and make a bigger offer.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Flegler and Bateman would be two great signings along with Thompson. I'd be thrilled if we got all three..

As much as those three would transform our pack, we'd still be very weak in the spine positions. Hopefully they have a hooker, fullback and another winger/centre in mind to complete the recruitment drive.

If they fail to improve the team in the spine, we'll still struggle to score despite how great our pack would all of a sudden be.