2020 Round 3 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
When Lane started for us he was going well, then was dropped then following season signed with manly and look how he's improved under Brad Arthur's coaching, more than I can say about Pay.
Lane got swapped for faitala-mariner at the warriors and was rubbish for them. Then went to manly and was rubbish again. Lifeline to parra and now playing well. Its been a long time since we had him, would we have persevered, who knows.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Some very questionable calls, but not many teams are going to compete let alone win a game with a completion rate of around 58%

Plus the broncs butchering two tries doesn't help
True, but alot of that would have been from fatigue. The six again rule has the potential to just smash some teams.

Hopefully we don’t see too many blowouts and teams start adjusting

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Broncos were much better rounds 1&2, they looked flat, and Eels have gone on with their good early season form.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
True, but alot of that would have been from fatigue. The six again rule has the potential to just smash some teams.

Hopefully we don’t see too many blowouts and teams start adjusting
Good point and agree about the six again. It's going to take a few teams awhile to adjust, us unfortunately being one of them

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see how it plays out the rest of the games this round, with the new 6 again rule. Seemed to be a much faster game, game 1. The new rule will probably drive higher scorelines as there will be more fatigue.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Milf is bog average one of the most Over rated in the comp

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Can’t wait to see the stats after this game. Deadset is feels like Parra have had 70% possession and Brisbane has had like 1 penalty.
The start of the game felt like Eels were working with a 8-10 metre line and Broncos were working with 12-14 I've seen this shit way too many times at live games., broadcasters basically refuse to show the play the ball and the defence in the same frame/s.

It's one of the biggest contributing factors to momentum, yet there are significant 10 minute plus periods where one team or the other is afforded more leniency.

The team that has been put on the back foot from the outset will get more leniency in latter parts of the game.. But more often then not they won't have enough energy to capitalise.. makes the wins more satisfying, the loses more salty and the betting more predictive for the insiders. (Gold mine)

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh well boys, glad we all stayed safe and well through lockdown, an finally got to watch a game together after all the madness.. see you through the weekend and then for the best game Sunday :grinning:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
No thanks got better backrowers at the club, and with less errors.
Unless this is just a bad game, either way no from me.
I wanted him for the rest of the season and was the first to mention him here. But after that effort he's lost me lol feel stupid now haha... Very sloppy

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Waited all this time for the League and I flagged it off and had a beer with my mate instead.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t wait to see the stats after this game. Deadset is feels like Parra have had 70% possession and Brisbane has had like 1 penalty.
64% to 36%, I thought it would be worse, the Broncos completed 5 sets in the entire second half. 401 tackles to 249.

Parra scored two late tries so the donkey's defence was not that bad given those stats.