Status
Not open for further replies.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I know we missed out on Holbrook :( but with the titans 0/3 on -88 after 3 games where would he have the dogs sitting now? 3/3 and first or only just Top 4?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know we missed out on Holbrook :( but with the titans 0/3 on -88 after 3 games where would he have the dogs sitting now? 3/3 and first or only just Top 4?
I didnt get the hype around Holbrook, I'm glad we didn't sign him and can only hope we get someone special to take the dogs to the next level.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Probably the same as Pay bro too early to really hammer him inherited a squad that wasn’t his. He’ll be given time the same way Pay has. Just my thoughts but I get what you mean a lot disappointed we missed out on him when he was unproven in NRL.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s had a rough start. Went to one of the worse teams then had covid hit so couldn’t work with the players for two months. Bet he’s doing better in 2 seasons then Dean is doing here after two seasons.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Probably the same as Pay bro too early to really hammer him inherited a squad that wasn’t his. He’ll be given time the same way Pay has. Just my thoughts but I get what you mean a lot disappointed we missed out on him when he was unproven in NRL.
True. I was being a smartarse though and have a $50 bet with a few people on here that the dogs with Pay will do better than the titans with Holbrook

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
True. I was being a smartarse though and have a $50 bet with a few people on here that the dogs with Pay will do better than the titans with Holbrook
What I saw tonight on the Titans you might be cashed up by season end mate.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As much as our roster is shit they have the worst team by so far it’s not even funny. That’s the easiest 50 you will
Make

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1990 - Current list

Chris Anderson 1990 - 1997 winning percentage 61% Quit to coach Storm

Steve Folks 1998 - 2008 winning percentage 56.1% Sacked or contract not renewed.

Kevin Moore 2009 - 2011 winning Percentage 53% Sacked

Moore was sacked midway through the 2011 season after the club underachieved in the ensuing two years, failing to make the finals in either 2010 or 2011.

Jim Dymock 2011 winning Percentage 62.5%

Never given a real shot.

Des Hasler 2012 - 2017 winning percentage 56.8% Sacked

We all know why he was sacked

Dean Pay 2018 - current winning percentage 36.7%

Every coach appointed by the club since 1978 (Ted Glossop, Warren Ryan, Phil Gould, Chris Anderson and Folkes) has won a premiership.

Besides Haslers success, although at the expense of our salary cap we’ve done very little since Folkes. It’s time to find a new coach and bring back a winning culture.
Dean pay will be Given 1 year extension. He has recruited Thompson. Bateman, ado Carr; and Nick Cotric.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Pay seriously thinks JMK is our future as per the media report below we have no future with Pay as coach and he needs to go NOW. Although he's never had a good roster he's not capable of winning us a comp if he's satisfied with a hooker who has no impact whatsoever in attack and never runs the ball.

SPORTRUGBY LEAGUE
Marshall-King the future for Bulldogs: Pay
Scott Bailey

Saturday, 30 May 2020 12:30 pm

Jeremy Marshall-King has received praise from Bulldogs coach Dean Pay ahead of his 50th NRL game. Credit: AAP
Canterbury coach Dean Pay has put his faith in hooker Jeremy Marshall-King as a player of the future after the club distanced themselves from Andrew McCullough.

Marshall-King will play his 50th game against Manly on Sunday on the Central Coast, as the Bulldogs desperately look to avoid their worst start to a season in 24 years.

But it comes after a week where Canterbury have been linked to a number of players.

Pay has confirmed they have an interest in Canberra second-rower John Bateman, and would love to have him at the club next year alongside fellow English recruit Luke Thompson.

However the Bulldogs have been quick to shut down rumours of former Queensland State of Origin dummy-half McCullough joining the club next season.

And he insisted the talk had not impacted current Bulldogs No.9 Marshall-King, with the 24-year-old starting at hooker for just the 13th time on Sunday.

"If it does worry a player, players will come to you and say is there any truth to it?" Pay said.

"But a lot of the players don't read too much in the media.

"We're really happy with Jez and the way he is going. I think he's going to be a player of the future.

"He is only a young player just like our halves.

"You put time and effort into those guys and they'll get better with every game they play and every season they play."

After losing their first two games, the Bulldogs have not started a season with three straight defeats since 1996.

The importance of avoiding that record is even more heightened this year, given the shorter season leaving less time to recover.

"Obviously it's a shorter competition so every point is valuable," Pay said.

"We need to make sure we are going up there tomorrow to try and get a result and points on the board."

Pay is under no illusion of the task that awaits him.

He expects Manly fullback Tom Trbojevic to be even more difficult to stop under the NRL's new six-again rules, with pacy No.1s having so far benefited this round.

The Sea Eagles have scored just one try and spent the least time camped on their opposition's line in the opening two rounds, but the stats hardly tell the story of their first two weeks.

They held Melbourne to 4-2 for the opening hour of their round one loss, before edging out the Roosters 9-8 before the shutdown.

"I think you have to give respect to the opposition we were playing," coach Des Hasler said.

"Melbourne and the Roosters, you're always going to get games that grind out.

"In both those games, Melbourne got three tries from kicks and the Roosters only carried the ball over our line once.

"There's been plenty of time and it's a different vibe now. It's a different way it's interpreted."

STATS THAT MATTER:

* Tom Trbojevic has scored three tries in his past three games against Canterbury

* Manly haven't beaten Canterbury away from Brookvale since 2013

* Canterbury made the most errors (31) in the first two rounds

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The real question you need to ask yourself here is how much worse would the Titans be going if Pay was their coach... The answer is alot worse

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.