John Bateman

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How the fuck is whitehead better than Bateman?
I saw someone say Pangai Jnr was better then him the other day despite spending the majority of the time suspended and in the front row.

Other then Fifita and Kikau you could throw a blanket next 10 or so second rowers as they are all pretty close to each other.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Well fitter fucked off to the roosters for what??
Precisely. He was an ARL poster boy when it was clear that the Panthers were headed to Super League. He didn’t go to the Chooks for love. Hence skewed opinion to be taken with a whole mine of salt...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All of the E's and Coke Freddy and Joey have taken really have fried their brains..

It's funny, I don't recall them saying people breaking contracts was a disgrace when Klemmer left us to join Joey's Knights.. Or when Teddy and Chrichton left for more money to join the Roosters..

As usual these two druggies just get on their soap box no matter how little sense it makes or how much it contradicts everything they've said before.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahahaha f’n agenda driven wankers.

didn’t hear squat about Klemmer being courted by Newcastle and breaking a contract to go there or that Newcastle weren’t a top 8 team he left for.

these f’wits are the reason I’m a solid Foxtel fan.

brain dead fucks

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He isn’t worth it in my opinion! He has had one season and now has had a shoulder reconstruction. I’d be watching this season as obviously now coaches would analyse him and find weakness. I think he should be happy with what he is getting. I’m happy with most of the back rowers we have and I feel the money we have in cap we use to get Thompson here earlier

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We should be able to sign Bateman on $700-$800k and still have cap space for an established fullback and half. Next year our only players on big coin (you’d think max $800k) are Thompson and Jackson, with the likes of Napa, DWZ a tier below that. The Roosters, Storm, Broncos, Raiders, Manly and possibly the Eels all have around 6-7 players you think would be getting minimum $600k. I’m no mathematician but unless we’re paying our lower earning players overs, which worryingly is possible, we should be able to afford a marquee player, and 3-4 quality/rep standard players for 2021 and beyond.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I saw someone say Pangai Jnr was better then him the other day despite spending the majority of the time suspended and in the front row.

Other then Fifita and Kikau you could throw a blanket next 10 or so second rowers as they are all pretty close to each other.
Outside of whiteheads and Crichton, others are arguable which is why I let it pass.

But whitehead better than Bateman is a big fucking no from me.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Outside of whiteheads and Crichton, others are arguable which is why I let it pass.

But whitehead better than Bateman is a big fucking no from me.
Personally I think Cordner is the most over rated player in the game. He can run a good line but apart from that he's a good honest player but no where near the player he is made out to be.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Personally I think Cordner is the most over rated player in the game. He can run a good line but apart from that he's a good honest player but no where near the player he is made out to be.
I watched him at SCG vs us last year and he looked very good in real life. I didn't rewatch the game on TV but I got a bit more respect for him after that. He was the best player on field imo. When you compare him up against Fifita, Bateman, Graham, etc he doesn't add the attacking threat but I don't think he's on a big contract either so the Roosters are getting good value out of him.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He wants to play in the halves and personally I think he looks more suited there, but really if he can handle the defensive side of the fullback role then there's no reason why he couldn't be an elite player there also.
If be happy to see him in either position tbh. But he HAS to be in the team, and if we hope to have some real spark this year, i think he needs to start.
If DWZ doesn't play out of his skin for the next month, and coughs up as many bombs as he did in the first 2 rounds, then FB it is for me.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If be happy to see him in either position tbh. But he HAS to be in the team, and if we hope to have some real spark this year, i think he needs to start.
If DWZ doesn't play out of his skin for the next month, and coughs up as many bombs as he did in the first 2 rounds, then FB it is for me.
I wouldn't be wasting my time with DWZ at fullback in the first place, but I'm not sure if throwing Averillo right into the role with limited prep would be a good thing. He did spend a small period of time at fullback during the trial so maybe he has done some work their during training i guess?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't be wasting my time with DWZ at fullback in the first place, but I'm not sure if throwing Averillo right into the role with limited prep would be a good thing. He did spend a small period of time at fullback during the trial so maybe he has done some work their during training i guess?
I'm pretty sure he played some fb last year.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ben hunt ...have a crack
I agree with Johns and Fittler. Backrower is one of the positions we actually have some decent depth in.

If Bateman wanted $450k he would be a great buy but spending $800k on him would be bad business. We need creative players and explosive players. I dont really think he is either

The problem is that there is not many world class creative players out there who are looking to change clubs. Korasau was a shitty loss. He would have been great. And our club isnt exactly an attractive proposition at the moment. We probably need someone who has already won a comp and doesnt mind being part of a rebuilding club.

We can forget Ponga, He is about to re-sign with Newcastle. Only other one I could think of would be Munster but he has probably already re-signed too.

So in summary, I have no farkin idea what they can do

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guy is not the sort of player we want at our club,he's had one good season and he wants $800k,no thanks,the way he has handled himself,reminds me a lot Klemmer,people pissing in his ear,that he's worth this much,etc,etc,that sort of money is best spent on an outside back,let someone else have him.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I agree, Whitehead is just a pimple compared to Bateman
Just salty *****... Johns didn't care when Klemmer left us for more money. All of a sudden we look set to gain out of a scenario like this and everyone is losing their minds.