2020 recruitment

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Bold statement my friend. Bold statement.

Everyone's entitled to their opinions, but you're making it out like it's fact which is taking that next step. Would be happy for you to show me how they've said that. Past quotes etc.

The reality is that your, and others like you, fixation on someone being wrong because they don't agree with you means you hold onto things that simply aren't true. They can disagree with you about the direction of the club without being 'Lyn supporters' or even caring about who her father was. But it's easier to say that they do as it's a bigger stick to weild.

It's a shame. It really is. Nothing will change your opinions, not even them saying that they don't care about who Lyn's father was. Though they have said it numerous times. People won't listen because it then makes that stick you weild a little smaller.
No, because it was literally stated on here previously, things like "how great it was to have Bullfrogs daughter at the club" or "real bulldog people are back at the club". Posts on Twitter and Facebook we're also made, it was very clearly a draw card to some people. I'm not fucked digging through years of posts to find it, up to you if you want to believe me or not.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No, because it was literally stated on here previously, things like "how great it was to have Bullfrogs daughter at the club" or "real bulldog people are back at the club". Posts on Twitter and Facebook we're also made, it was very clearly a draw card to some people. I'm not fucked digging through years of posts to find it, up to you if you want to believe me or not.
No doubt those statements have been made on Twitter and Facebook as you've said. And even on here. But still doesn't mean that those you're attacking believe that or see that as a connection to how she performs now. If anything, all I've seen so far is them say the exact opposite in that it doesn't mean shit to them who her father was.

I just think people pick and choose what they want to hear, and twist things when those things don't suit their agenda. Have read @DinkumDog say countless number of times that Pay isn't the right coach for the Dogs, but people still label him a Pay supporter. People pick and choose things to suit their own narrative rather than simply looking for the truth.

Shame.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No doubt those statements have been made on Twitter and Facebook as you've said. And even on here. But still doesn't mean that those you're attacking believe that or see that as a connection to how she performs now. If anything, all I've seen so far is them say the exact opposite in that it doesn't mean shit to them who her father was.

I just think people pick and choose what they want to hear, and twist things when those things don't suit their agenda. Have read @DinkumDog say countless number of times that Pay isn't the right coach for the Dogs, but people still label him a Pay supporter. People pick and choose things to suit their own narrative rather than simply looking for the truth.

Shame.
My narrative is that I want the successful Bulldogs back. Some on here are more worried about trying to get one over other poster and trying to act important and pretend their privy to some grand plan.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My narrative is that I want the successful Bulldogs back. Some on here are more worried about trying to get one over other poster and trying to act important and pretend their privy to some grand plan.
I think everyone on here wants to successful Bulldogs back. We're all supporters of this club, it's just some show their support in different ways to others.

In regard to "some being more worried about trying to get one over other posters" ... it's best I leave it ;) though it's funny coming from you :grinning:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
View attachment 15007 That winger from Union isn’t Fijian he’s Maori and Curtis rona is his name
Bullshit. Where are those logs from and how do I know that they aren't fake? I was a massive fan when he was with us. I just don't know how he's been going in Rugby as well as if he'll be the same player (he can be a little worse) than what he was before he left the NRL.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Bullshit. I was a massive fan when he was with us. I just don't know how he's been going in Rugby as well as if he'll be the same player (he can be a little worse) than what he was before he left the NRL.
Agree. I liked him too but I don’t buy this. He’s teased about it before and it was a furphy. Also apart from him wanting to go ‘home’ to Perth when he joined the Force, as I recall we chose not to renew his contract anyway?

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree. I liked him too but I don’t buy this. He’s teased about it before and it was a furphy. Also apart from him wanting to go ‘home’ to Perth when he joined the Force, as I recall we chose not to renew his contract anyway?
I could be wrong but I thought we signed him on a two year deal then he left to chase more coin in union. I thought we would have wanted to keep him if possible

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think everyone on here wants to successful Bulldogs back. We're all supporters of this club, it's just some show their support in different ways to others.

In regard to "some being more worried about trying to get one over other posters" ... it's best I leave it ;) though it's funny coming from you :grinning:
No, I really don't care. Why would I block them if I actually cared?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Rona is the biggest shit stirrer to fans who ask him stuff on social media. I doubt there’s anything behind it.
Yes. He's done this a number of times already. And have to question why we'd be after a winger? Especially when it seems we want JAC?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I thought we signed him on a two year deal then he left to chase more coin in union. I thought we would have wanted to keep him if possible
Yep he was two years 15/16.
Not sure about the coin but I remember he definitely was lured to Perth as he grew up there. Maybe was a mutual decision to not renew. Either way I don’t buy that he’s coming back.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
hooker + fullback (can wait til end of 2021) + centre

backrower get CHN back and sign Bateman

Just get Okunbor back as well ffs, handy depth to have.

If Foran won't take a cut price then bring in Benji for 1 year at least he will stay fit and can mentor the young halves.

Last edited:

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The state of our dud cruitment. Yest CHN & Okunbor screwed up. But sit them out for a year and bring them back in.

We got duds like Montoya & Holland on the books but we cut talented players loose.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
You want the successful Bulldogs back? That's certainly a change of tune from 72 hours ago when you were hoping for the club to fold...which you said more than once during one of your usual meltdowns.
Have to assume you're referring to me with the rest of your ramble given @Tassie Devil tagged me originally.
Act important? Privy to some plan? Who's ever made such claims? Not me. I'm simply going on what the directors have told members at various functions in the past 2 years. From there I've made certain assumptions which I believe are still a good chance to happen - and if I'm wrong I'll wear it which I've said several times.
And yes, you must care re: blocking - you got hurty when I called you Supercoach during one of your rants. Lighten up mate.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brad I just can’t understand why you’re not winning Pulitzer Prizes with these outstanding literary contributions.

Possibly because they’re devoid of facts. Yes, that could be working against you.

Luckily I retained a copy of your previous letter to Andrew Hill and you’ve been nominated for a Dunny:

View attachment 14978
I wish you luck for the judging...

Mate, seriously. Your rants don’t serve you well. Please don’t tell me about my position on things or how the club works much less accuse me of corruption.

You really just need to enjoy the footy starting Sunday, wait until the 2020 transfer window closes and then await announcements for 2021. Then things might make a bit more sense for you.

If the tissues aren’t suitable some Valium can be arranged, just let me know where to send it. Cheers.
Facts are Robson, Brailey, Api, Turpin, Grant and even Wayde Egan (and Billy Brittain) were available and recently McCullough. At the Panthers Egan was rated above Katoa from memory and Egan signed with the Warriors after we signed Katoa. Kotoa publicly stated that he called our club seeking a start - not the other way around so if he hadn't called us we obviously wouldn't have him as a back up to JMK. So our recruitment team felt he was good enough to sign yet they failed to proactively reach out to him first ? Do you honestly think they reached out to Egan ? We were so desperate for a hooker you would think we would have given Billy Brittain a shot after he won Canterbury Cup player of the year didn't he ?

A hooker was what we desperately needed - much more than backrowers. If we had the money for Stimson, Britt and Katoa plus we managed to extend Lewis etc we definitely had the coin to sign any of the above players. With CHN and Oka sacked + the 350K for Foran's injury we definitely had more funds than the Knights to get McCullough for 1 or 2 years.

I just have concerns that maybe we play hardball a little too much and for an extra 50K we could have signed 1 or 2 of the hookers above. I'd really like to know also if our recruitment team even knew McCullough was available ? Were they proactively in contact with all the player managers actively chasing an upgrade for our number 9 ? I have my doubts sorry.

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Facts are Robson, Brailey, Api and recently McCullough were available, even Wayde Egan signed with the Warriors AFTER we signed Katoa. Kotoa publicly stated that he called our club seeking a start - not the other way around so if he hadn't called us we obviously wouldn't have him as a back up to JMK. Egan was rated a better player than Katoa from memory. We were so desperate for hookers you would think we would have given Billy Brittain a try after him winning Canterbury Cup player of the year didn't he ? A hooker was what we desperately needed - much more than backrowers. If we had the money for Stimson, Britt and Katoa plus we managed to extend Lewis etc I'd say we definitely had the coin to sign all of the above players. With CHN and Oka sacked + the 350K for Foran's injury we definitely had more funds than the Knights to get McCullough for 1 or 2 years. I just have concerns that maybe we play hardball a little too much and for an extra 50K we could have signed 1 or 2 of the hookers above. I'd really like to know also if our recruitment team even knew McCullough was available ? Were they proactively in contact with all the player managers actively chasing an upgrade for our number 9 ? I have my doubts sorry.
Yeah, you've got a point about the hooker position as it does concern me that we got our 10th favoured signing in Katoa.

However, again I think you're simplifying things by saying there was plenty of money there to spend so why didn't we just spend it? After the debacle of the previous regime in buying Foran, Woods, etc. on big coin I think it's been wise by the current board to be smarter and more purposeful in purchasing players. Just because we have 500k in our budget, does that mean we should spend it no matter what?

I imagine the club has done their research and put values on potential players which is a large part of deciding whether to go for them. These values no doubt take into considering a whole range of things not just their assets on the field. Which is great as none of us want to be spunking shedloads of cash on shithouse players like T Williams again.

So I gather that these players simply didn't present value for whatever reason. Maybe they were never attainable and presented no desire to come to our club. Maybe they had issues away from the field, and presented too big a risk at that price. Maybe we simply felt we had better valued youngsters coming through the ranks that we didn't need to buy in that position?

The reality is that we really don't know much other than the club is still learning. And making mistakes. But judging by our last purchase in Thompson I really do think we're on the right track.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Where do we start for recruitment? Just watched that game and wondered which of our starting 13 this week would make the Eels 13. Maybe Hoppa? Maybe Napa? I love the Dogs, but these are tough times.
I think almost everyone would look better in a better team. If we add the right three to four top players I think you'll see an improvement throughout the whole squad. We could upgrade in a lot of areas but hooker and centre are the most glaring. After that you could make a case for almost any position. I think it's just whatever's available (e.g. no halves or fullback available).

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, you've got a point about the hooker position as it does concern me that we got our 10th favoured signing in Katoa.

However, again I think you're simplifying things by saying there was plenty of money there to spend so why didn't we just spend it? After the debacle of the previous regime in buying Foran, Woods, etc. on big coin I think it's been wise by the current board to be smarter and more purposeful in purchasing players. Just because we have 500k in our budget, does that mean we should spend it no matter what?

I imagine the club has done their research and put values on potential players which is a large part of deciding whether to go for them. These values no doubt take into considering a whole range of things not just their assets on the field. Which is great as none of us want to be spunking shedloads of cash on shithouse players like T Williams again.

So I gather that these players simply didn't present value for whatever reason. Maybe they were never attainable and presented no desire to come to our club. Maybe they had issues away from the field, and presented too big a risk at that price. Maybe we simply felt we had better valued youngsters coming through the ranks that we didn't need to buy in that position?

The reality is that we really don't know much other than the club is still learning. And making mistakes. But judging by our last purchase in Thompson I really do think we're on the right track.
If we had say 500K or whatever to spend we would have been better off to secure a young long term hooker first as first priority. Now we've spent that 500K or whatever on 2 average backrowers and probably a slightly below average hooker. Now we're going to have to spend another 400-500K to get a decent hooker in near future. Seems that initial 500K was wasted really. Britt is okay but the money could have been better spent on strengthening our spine (our attack).