2020 recruitment

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why isn't he playing over Isaako (who was half on the outer)? It also lists him as a centre.
Coz he’s only 18 years old and is being eased through the system
He has talent oozing and seen a stack of highlights inc his test debut vs England where he tore them to shreds

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How the fudge can they fit him in
They got milf, Isaako, Arthur’s and one other kid I can’t remember all vying for fullback.

Isaako is another id look at it the broncs side niu then
It's the Bronco's mate you know the drill they take "unders" to stay...........

They only have a cap when they want to punt someone they don't want anymore.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You used to be a good poster mate but have just turned into a sook. I hope all is ok with you.
Do you really believe the club hasn’t tried to sign a hooker? If you do I can tell you that you are very wrong. We can’t force players to sign with us. We were left in the worst position in memory, it’s not like flicking a switch back to normality
LOLLLL nothing can ever be worse than when we had Heka Nanai and Tim Winitana playing on the wings. NOTHING!

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Grant is contracted to the Storm until the end of 2022. He’ll return to the Storm after his Tigers loan and isn’t really an option unless he seeks a release and considering he re-signed last year with full knowledge of the two Smiths also at the club I see it as an unlikely option.
Yeah but whats a contract these days?!?

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's the Bronco's mate you know the drill they take "unders" to stay...........

They only have a cap when they want to punt someone they don't want anymore.
It all sounds a bit shonky to be honest,
They just do whatever they want up there, so much for a level playing field.
Anyway our club is doing the right thing,we don’t need any issues

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It all sounds a bit shonky to be honest,
They just do whatever they want up there, so much for a level playing field.
Anyway our club is doing the right thing,we don’t need any issues
You don't want to flat out cheat the cap but you do have to be smart and bend every rule possible. It's the only way to compete with the likes of the Roosters, Bunnies and Broncos.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
LOLLLL nothing can ever be worse than when we had Heka Nanai and Tim Winitana playing on the wings. NOTHING!
Hahaha even then the kennel was more upbeat. Says a lot :grinning:

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't want to flat out cheat the cap but you do have to be smart and bend every rule possible. It's the only way to compete with the likes of the Roosters, Bunnies and Broncos.
Yes agree,I personally don’t have any experience in the business sector but can imagine how ruthless things must be.
Especially in this ultra competitive market of rugby league.
We really need to trust that the board which is currently in place has the correct people to manoeuvre savvy moves.
I think things will be good again in the not too far distant future.
Hanging out to watch the boys again, wish I was there to support in person.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just having a look at what we have to work with next year. We have 17 confirmed for 2021 which will be 18 once Wakeham's re-signing is official.

Contracted past 2020.

NRL Top 30

Jake Averillo (2021)
Dean Britt (2021)
Christian Crichton (2021)
Will Hopoate (2021)
Josh Jackson (2023)
Sione Katoa (2021)
Lachlan Lewis (2021)
Jeremy Marshall-King (2021)
Nick Meaney (2021)
Dylan Napa (2021)
Ofahiki Ogden (2021)
Chris Smith (2021)
Reimis Smith (2021)
Joe Stimson (2022)
Luke Thompson (2023)
Renouf To'omaga (2021)
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (2023)

Juniors signed past 2020 currently not in NRL squad

Jackson Topine (2022)
James Roumanos (2021)
Tuipulotu Katoa (2021)
Matt Doorey (2021) - unconfirmed but has been upgraded in to the top 30 for the rest of 2020

Rumored signings

Brandon Wakeham (2023)

Rumoured negotiations

Adam Elliott
Kieran Foran
John Bateman
I like the look of those juniors coming through,
It would be awesome if a few really kicked on to become top class players
Interesting to see how James.R kicks on.
You know these kids from Aquinas College,enough said !

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like the look of those juniors coming through,
It would be awesome if a few really kicked on to become top class players
Interesting to see how James.R kicks on.
You know these kids from Aquinas College,enough said !
James is a big boy too but let’s not even go there.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Just having a look at what we have to work with next year. We have 17 confirmed for 2021 which will be 18 once Wakeham's re-signing is official.

Contracted past 2020.

NRL Top 30

Jake Averillo (2021)
Dean Britt (2021)
Christian Crichton (2021)
Will Hopoate (2021)
Josh Jackson (2023)
Sione Katoa (2021)
Lachlan Lewis (2021)
Jeremy Marshall-King (2021)
Nick Meaney (2021)
Dylan Napa (2021)
Ofahiki Ogden (2021)
Chris Smith (2021)
Reimis Smith (2021)
Joe Stimson (2022)
Luke Thompson (2023)
Renouf To'omaga (2021)
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (2023)

Juniors signed past 2020 currently not in NRL squad

Jackson Topine (2022)
James Roumanos (2021)
Tuipulotu Katoa (2021)
Matt Doorey (2021) - unconfirmed but has been upgraded in to the top 30 for the rest of 2020

Rumored signings

Brandon Wakeham (2023)

Rumoured negotiations

Adam Elliott
Kieran Foran
John Bateman
Where is it rumoured we're in negotiations with Elliott and Foran? I'd re-sign them both personally, especially Elliott.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Where is it rumoured we're in negotiations with Elliott and Foran? I'd re-sign them both personally, especially Elliott.
Elliott negotiations were a few months ago and Foran was in a article a few weeks ago. I’ll try and track them down

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Why not give topine a shot. He’s usually a second rower but chuck him at centre until he fully fills out. School boys captain wasn’t he? Should be 18 now surely

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why not give topine a shot. He’s usually a second rower but chuck him at centre until he fully fills out. School boys captain wasn’t he? Should be 18 now surely
He hasnt been groomed properly.
He was supposed to play Canterbury cup against men this year so thats not going to happen.
He's only been playing 20s so he's too raw.
You would smash his confidence.
Centre you need to be able to read the play be good defensively and have confidence with your inside man.
So no it wouldn't work.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What really disappoints me is this constant referencing to Lyn being Bullfrog's daughter as it makes some fucking difference. Who gives as fuck who her father was? I certainly don't. And that's not disrespting either Lyn or Bullfrog himself, but each needs to be judged on their own successes and failures. Not constantly be compared or used as a tool to bash one with.

My honest opinion is that the club is working towards something and needs time. I see the shit they've stuffed up. I understand that there's a lot that could be better. But at the same time I also get that there's been so much at play that it's impossible to really perform at their best with one hand's been tied behind their backs whether it be the salary cap, terrible past management decisions, key player injuries etc. etc.

Of course people will now call me out as being a board sympathiser and to that I say FUCK OFF. I support no board. I support no player. I support no coach. I support the club of the Bulldogs. I call things as I see it. And I think the same people you're trying to criticise as sheep are doing the same. Time and again I've seen them point out things they're not happy with in regard to the board, but still get painted as blindly following the club. It's just not true.
Because she made a point about being his daughter.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Because she made a point about being his daughter.
OK. She's admitted to being someone's daughter. Shock horror. Maybe she's even used this as a way to outline her vision for the club. No surprises there.

But what has this got to do with the way I see how the club is run? We're all aware whose daughter she is but what's that got to do with her performance at our club? And more importantly, why should it matter to me as to who her late father was? I honestly don't care in the slightest and I think you'll find most of the people that are constantly attacked for being 'Lyn / board supporters' don't care either.

Seems to me that the only people obsessing about her being Bullfrog's daughter are the ones trying to make out that others are.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
OK. She's admitted to being someone's daughter. Shock horror. Maybe she's even used this as a way to outline her vision for the club. No surprises there.

But what has this got to do with the way I see how the club is run? We're all aware whose daughter she is but what's that got to do with her performance at our club? And more importantly, why should it matter to me as to who her late father was? I honestly don't care in the slightest and I think you'll find most of the people that are constantly attacked for being 'Lyn / board supporters' don't care either.

Seems to me that the only people obsessing about her being Bullfrog's daughter are the ones trying to make out that others are.
No, they defenitely care.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No, they defenitely care.
Bold statement my friend. Bold statement.

Everyone's entitled to their opinions, but you're making it out like it's fact which is taking that next step. Would be happy for you to show me how they've said that. Past quotes etc.

The reality is that your, and others like you, fixation on someone being wrong because they don't agree with you means you hold onto things that simply aren't true. They can disagree with you about the direction of the club without being 'Lyn supporters' or even caring about who her father was. But it's easier to say that they do as it's a bigger stick to weild.

It's a shame. It really is. Nothing will change your opinions, not even them saying that they don't care about who Lyn's father was. Though they have said it numerous times. People won't listen because it then makes that stick you weild a little smaller.