News Bronson Xerri fails drug test

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hearing all the bleating from people ( and yeah Sharks fans) giving it to ASADA saying that they just wanted to big note themselves by announcing this two days before the comp restarts. Correct me if I am wrong, but a lot has happened since the initial test in society ( end of year, fires and COVID 19 and the test itself would not have been just a simple pee in a bottle, stick in a piece of litmus paper and get a reaction type of thing. It has be thorough and confidential and who knows how many samples are collected at any one time from different sources for not just rugby league but a myriad of sports. They can and do quite often keep frozen samples for up to ten years should there become a situation where there may be suspicion cast on a particular athlete. If they were delaying it they still had ample opportunity to announce it prior to the original season start as a matter of sensationalism if that is what people are believing.

https://www.asada.gov.au/rules-and-violations/rule-violation-management-process

https://www.asada.gov.au/anti-doping-programmes/testing

Noticed a picture of his brother on the news last night and he is, shall we say a particularly well cut body type. Also to confiscate a phone is a very serious thing and they would have certainly had to jump through hoops to get approval for that and they would have had to have had pretty compelling proof that it was a necessary part of their investigation. This could quite easily be a lot more complex and far reaching than just a positive test for a single athlete. Will be interesting indeed.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Also to confiscate a phone is a very serious thing and they would have certainly had to jump through hoops to get approval for that and they would have had to have had pretty compelling proof that it was a necessary part of their investigation. This could quite easily be a lot more complex and far reaching than just a positive test for a single athlete. Will be interesting indeed.
The right for ASADA to seize a phone (or other devices) is part of the drug testing regimen that players agree to in their NRL contracts. No approval required, "here's your failed drug test results hand over your phone".

Go Dogs

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The right for ASADA to seize a phone (or other devices) is part of the drug testing regimen that players agree to in their NRL contracts. No approval required, "here's your failed drug test results hand over your phone".

Go Dogs
Well there you go. Thanks for the info..

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
All this whinging from sharks fans,correct me if im wrong he took a cocktail of performance enhancing drugs to be unfairly better than others ,he deserves what he gets May only be a park footy player without them

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
All this whinging from sharks fans,correct me if im wrong he took a cocktail of performance enhancing drugs to be unfairly better than others ,he deserves what he gets May only be a park footy player without them
Exactly right mate. No shock that Paul Gallen is deflecting him or the sharks taking any responsibility. It’s always someone else’s fault.
If his B sample comes back I hope he gets 4 years. It sounds like he had a history of it too

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Exactly right mate. No shock that Paul Gallen is deflecting him or the sharks taking any responsibility. It’s always someone else’s fault.
If his B sample comes back I hope he gets 4 years. It sounds like he had a history of it too
Gallen is just a whiny bitch!! Can't stand the prick.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So we now know results were in on April 7, Xerri advised May 22 of the positive but we also know that it was a third party who advised ASADA direct due to suspicions that Xerri has been on the juice for a few years.....This is a lot more complex than imagined and from news articles a few of his current and ex sharks team mates played in the same junior sides as him..Brailey and Flanagan were two mentioned...and the suspicions about Xerri date back to these times.....

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ah yes the Maltese steroid gym bro crew... What’s new in Sydney lmao?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So we now know results were in on April 7, Xerri advised May 22 of the positive but we also know that it was a third party who advised ASADA direct due to suspicions that Xerri has been on the juice for a few years.....This is a lot more complex than imagined and from news articles a few of his current and ex sharks team mates played in the same junior sides as him..Brailey and Flanagan were two mentioned...and the suspicions about Xerri date back to these times.....
Yep lets see how he plays without them in 4 years ,im tipping park footy player

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kind. of funny when you read that. Aside from achieving an even playing field, the main reason all of this was bannned originally was it was bad for your health especially long term. It seems now modern science has caught up and their are only significant upsides, although that obviously wasn't the case forJohn Mannah.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hearing all the bleating from people ( and yeah Sharks fans) giving it to ASADA saying that they just wanted to big note themselves by announcing this two days before the comp restarts. Correct me if I am wrong, but a lot has happened since the initial test in society ( end of year, fires and COVID 19 and the test itself would not have been just a simple pee in a bottle, stick in a piece of litmus paper and get a reaction type of thing. It has be thorough and confidential and who knows how many samples are collected at any one time from different sources for not just rugby league but a myriad of sports. They can and do quite often keep frozen samples for up to ten years should there become a situation where there may be suspicion cast on a particular athlete. If they were delaying it they still had ample opportunity to announce it prior to the original season start as a matter of sensationalism if that is what people are believing.

https://www.asada.gov.au/rules-and-violations/rule-violation-management-process

https://www.asada.gov.au/anti-doping-programmes/testing

Noticed a picture of his brother on the news last night and he is, shall we say a particularly well cut body type. Also to confiscate a phone is a very serious thing and they would have certainly had to jump through hoops to get approval for that and they would have had to have had pretty compelling proof that it was a necessary part of their investigation. This could quite easily be a lot more complex and far reaching than just a positive test for a single athlete. Will be interesting indeed.
Is this the very same brother Dogluva :grinning:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/c86b831f79c9697dfc7b3852fca93ffb

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I calculate 41 days since this came to light.
Went very quiet real quick!

When is the B sample result available? Reports were it would require two weeks to test. That time frame is long since passed.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it all hinges on ASADA and when they decide to release the info?

A

Alexander the Great

What a waste. Anyone caught gearing up should be banned for life.

I cant understand why you would lie to yourself and others and feel the need to cheat the system to get better gains. Scum bags.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I cant understand why you would lie to yourself and others and feel the need to cheat the system to get better gains. Scum bags.
Agree. Against the fabric of the game and everyone knows it. Permaban

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it all hinges on ASADA and when they decide to release the info?
Well noted! So by extension, the tests are likely complete, release of results can occur at any time, as per the initial finding and lengthy delay to publicizing...?

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well noted! So by extension, the tests are likely complete, release of results can occur at any time, as per the initial finding and lengthy delay to publicizing...?
Who knows? From what I read previously, ASADA only advised Cronulla that Xerri had tested positive before he played his first game so that he could be stopped from playing. Why this is being delayed is anyone's guess.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

Well you may be anti drugs but for us doling means we are open to other avenues. Girls who are hot, modelling etc,

for Xerri it's obvious, helps him dominate in the field so his next contract sets him up for life. A good season and Xerri could have commanded 800 a year on his next contract.

when that money is banked he can calm down on the dope.