2020 recruitment

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a load of shit. Your bias against Hilly and the board is laughable. You’re basing it around one virtual unknown calling our club to say he was available? As we keep saying, run for the board next time and show us how it’s done
A few keep saying be patient, be patient so I have but I keep seeing players that would improve our team being signed by other clubs and we get nothing (other than Thompson). I just can't understand how we've needed a decent hooker for at least 3 years but the Knights firstly beat us to get Brailey and then when Brailey goes down injured they also get a second NRL quality hooker in McCullough. Don't get me wrong I'm glad we didn't sign McCullough for 4 years from next year but it would have been an improvement to get him for this year and maybe next compared to JMK. NRL sacks 2 of our players and it seems like we're not even going to replace them when we have their money to spend. There were reports we were asking the NRL if we even had to replace them. I'm not impressed with Stimson, Katoa looks average, Britt seems okay but no world beater. I'm yet to be convinced our recruitment team have reached the pass mark. We probably wouldn't have even had Kaotoa as a back up if he hadn't called us looking for a chance. How can some have so much confidence in Mark Hughes, Lyn etc when they haven't proven much yet ? Thompson alone isn't going to be able to change our fortunes.

Last edited:

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tissues inbound to Tassie! :-).
Toilet paper inbound to your face. Keep wanking on that I'm in Tassie fool. Never said I was in Tassie. Anytime someone criticises the performance of our recruitment team I don't know why you have a cry about it. It's like you think they've signed a bunch of superstars. We're allowed to question their performance just like anyone in any position can be questioned about their performance. When Dib and Co were in charge you probably protected them the same way and look what happened to us for trusting those bastards. The board are not the owners of our club, they are not the club. They are the "temporary" caretakers that's all. I want them to do the best job possible. Don't know about you though. Maybe you're related or getting some personal kick backs / self interest. Seems you care more about protecting the board than improving our club.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
We need;
Bateman,
plus:
A star hooker
A star or solid Fullback/centre or huge winger
A solid prop.

maybe a half depending on Foran.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The recruitment team is on fire

1.They resigned crowd favourite and the prince of belmore Mr Lachlan Lewis.

2. Resigned, ex - roosters superstar Mr Chris Smith.

3. Resigned the best winger at the club Mr Reimis Smith and promoted him to be our Rockstar Centre ,( you watch)

4. Recently dodged many bullets, ( at least 20 players) with great foresight shown by the recruitment team, namely the likes of curtis Scott, api korisau, lattrell Mitchell and more recently bronson xerri and the prodigal son Josh reynolds.

5. Recruitment team flooding the market and making countless enquiries on new players to bring to the club they are working tirelessly ( it must be true cause we are linked to nearly every player in the market).

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Also, its funny to note that when the wests tigers needed players they recruited 11 players for 2018. Some big names. Some failed ones too. but they did transition from a shit side to a tight unit.

Are we capable of recruiting 11 players?

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are capable of missing out on 11 players.....( or dodging bullets)..
Also, its funny to note that when the wests tigers needed players they recruited 11 players for 2018. Some big names. Some failed ones too. but they did transition from a shit side to a tight unit.

Are we capable of recruiting 11 players?

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But we are capable of recruiting 11 great human beings...

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't believe anyone thinks our recruitment team have done an excellent job. As soon as you criticise them in any way you're suddenly accused of having an agenda. Yes my agenda is to improve our team, not suck off the board members.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Toilet paper inbound to your face. Keep wanking on that I'm in Tassie fool. Never said I was in Tassie. Anytime someone criticises the performance of our recruitment team I don't know why you have a cry about it. It's like you think they've signed a bunch of superstars. We're allowed to question their performance just like anyone in any position can be questioned about their performance. When Dib and Co were in charge you probably protected them the same way. The board are not the owners of our club, they are not the club. They are the temporary caretakers. I want them to do the best job possible. Don't know about you though. Maybe you're related or getting some personal kick backs / self interest.
Brad I just can’t understand why you’re not winning Pulitzer Prizes with these outstanding literary contributions.

Possibly because they’re devoid of facts. Yes, that could be working against you.

Luckily I retained a copy of your previous letter to Andrew Hill and you’ve been nominated for a Dunny:

9CADC756-7E93-4C89-BAC9-D26516611CDD.jpeg
I wish you luck for the judging...

Mate, seriously. Your rants don’t serve you well. Please don’t tell me about my position on things or how the club works much less accuse me of corruption.

You really just need to enjoy the footy starting Sunday, wait until the 2020 transfer window closes and then await announcements for 2021. Then things might make a bit more sense for you.

If the tissues aren’t suitable some Valium can be arranged, just let me know where to send it. Cheers.

Last edited:

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Brad I just can’t understand why you’re not winning Pulitzer Prizes with these outstanding literary contributions.

Possibly because they’re devoid of facts. Yes, that could be working against you.

Luckily I retained a copy of your previous letter to Andrew Hill and you’ve been nominated for a Dunny:

View attachment 14978
I wish you luck for the judging...

Mate, seriously. Your rants don’t serve you well. Please don’t tell me about my position on things or how the club works much less accuse me of corruption.

You really just need to enjoy the footy starting Sunday, wait until the 2020 transfer window closes and then await announcements for 2021. Then things might make a bit more sense for you.

If the tissues aren’t suitable some Valium can be arranged, just let me know where to send it. Cheers.
but he is right!!

we have missed out on a heap of young players over the past year that would have improved our squad. Good young players with bright futures and all we have done is signed Thompson.

So he has every right to be pissed off with recruitment.

Up until the club prove to us otherwise the board can cop whatever gets thrown at them because recruitment has been rubbish!!!

Yes enjoy the games
Yes cheer your team on

but don’t be a sheep and close your eyes just because lyn is Peter Moore’s daughter

We need to start signing the best young stars coming through along with some genuine super stars!

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
2020 recruitment window is almost over. At this stage I’d consider a McCullough type deal that he has with the Knights, and sign a player who can improve the squad even if only for 2020. As for 2021 Thompson and if we get Bateman would be a great start to that building we hear about. On top of those two I would expect another quality first grader in a position we need strengthening in, and if accept a few rookies with bright futures. I’d consider that a pass for 2021 recruitment.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
but he is right!!

we have missed out on a heap of young players over the past year that would have improved our squad. Good young players with bright futures and all we have done is signed Thompson.

Up until the club prove to us otherwise the board can cop whatever gets thrown at them because recruitment has been rubbish!!!

Yes enjoy the games
Yes cheer your team on

but don’t be a sheep and close your eyes just because lyn is Peter Moore’s daughter

We need to start signing the best young stars coming through along with some genuine super stars!
can you please list these heap of young players that the club has missed on that would have improved us please

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Toilet paper inbound to your face. Keep wanking on that I'm in Tassie fool. Never said I was in Tassie. Anytime someone criticises the performance of our recruitment team I don't know why you have a cry about it. It's like you think they've signed a bunch of superstars. We're allowed to question their performance just like anyone in any position can be questioned about their performance. When Dib and Co were in charge you probably protected them the same way and look what happened to us for trusting those bastards. The board are not the owners of our club, they are not the club. They are the "temporary" caretakers that's all. I want them to do the best job possible. Don't know about you though. Maybe you're related or getting some personal kick backs / self interest. Seems you care more about protecting the board than improving our club.
Damn. Spat the dummy out here mate.

What I will say is that I agree about the hooker position. I'm really surprised that we haven't filled it with a better player, though no one knows what Katoa will be like as a player because he hasn't played yet. We got pipped at the last minute for Api, which sucked, but would've been great to have got someone even better.

I do think though that many on here are too simplistic in thinking. People look around and say "Hey, that team bought him. Why haven't we signed someone of the same calibre?" Is it really that simple though? Are all these teams on an even playing field so we can judge recruitment simply on the standard of player they get? Surely we can look at the Roosters and acknowledge that they're going to find it easier attracting players than us? Shit. I'd say a majority of clubs atm have it easier attracting players than us.

Does that mean our recruitment side of things sucks? I wouldn't say so, though I do think they're still learning. I certainly don't claim to be an expert on things, but at the same time I do like to think I look beyond the newspapers and really try to understand the bigger picture. So many on here were up in arms about Mitchell not signing, though the few that actually saw the sense in moving on from him quite early have probably already been justified. People carried on how the fuck our recruitment team missed out on Curtis Scott when he signed for the Raiders. He turned out to be more trouble than he's worth.

Personally, I don't think we've signed higher enough calibre players to really make a big difference to our form. We've signed decent players who would potentially be better, but no world beaters. But I knew not to expect anything but that. I knew of our salary cap restrictions. Of our change in philosophy when signing players and not throwing around money unless they really want to come here. I knew that we really aren't an attractive club yet.

So I really do get what you're saying, or trying to say. But I just wish people would stop being so narrow minded and judge without using all of the criteria to judge.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Damn. Spat the dummy out here mate.

What I will say is that I agree about the hooker position. I'm really surprised that we haven't filled it with a better player, though no one knows what Katoa will be like as a player because he hasn't played yet. We got pipped at the last minute for Api, which sucked, but would've been great to have got someone even better.

We haven’t had a decent hooker for not 3 seasons it’s been more like 7 or 8 when Ennis last played for the club. Yes we had Cook but Des didn’t use him much despite him carving up when he did play. A lot of people to blame for us not having a decent hooker not just this board. JMK is still miles better then Lichaa

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
but he is right!!

Yes enjoy the games
Yes cheer your team on

Mate c’mon - a sheep?
No, he’s not right.
Lynne’s heritage has 0% to do with what’s going on at the club except a desire for certain traditions and it’s really boring hearing the same old stuff trotted out - Bullfrog’s daughter, she’s old, accepting mediocrity etc.

There is something far bigger on the boil.
So much unseen.

I know it hasn’t been fun to watch in recent times but there was no choice. We had nowhere else to live while the renovations were being done so we got rained on, sunburnt and the passing birds also shat on us too. The renovation is almost complete...

Just wait a bit longer. Those acting like kids who don’t get their favourite lolly on demand are why I poke fun at them, they make themselves targets :-).

Hopefully the coming months will see far more Kennelers in a happier place...even though you can never please everyone.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
can you please list these heap of young players that the club has missed on that would have improved us please
You’ll get the same answers - Api, Turbos, Mitchell etc.

None of them being true in terms of ‘missing out’ or ‘botching’. Club either decided not to pursue (Mitchell), was never on (Turbos) or the player changed their mind before signing (Api).

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Freak fullback from bris whom played a test for Tonga in their win over the English side.
Name is tesi niu

Id be going all guns for him
He’s a mix of rts and tommy t
If Isaako and milf re-sign at the broncos we could assure him a fg spot and a lil extra cash
He was on the news in Brisbane last night and they were saying that the Broncos are in talks to lock him up long term.
Big wraps on him.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
but he is right!!

Yes enjoy the games
Yes cheer your team on

What really disappoints me is this constant referencing to Lyn being Bullfrog's daughter as it makes some fucking difference. Who gives as fuck who her father was? I certainly don't. And that's not disrespting either Lyn or Bullfrog himself, but each needs to be judged on their own successes and failures. Not constantly be compared or used as a tool to bash one with.

My honest opinion is that the club is working towards something and needs time. I see the shit they've stuffed up. I understand that there's a lot that could be better. But at the same time I also get that there's been so much at play that it's impossible to really perform at their best with one hand's been tied behind their backs whether it be the salary cap, terrible past management decisions, key player injuries etc. etc.

Of course people will now call me out as being a board sympathiser and to that I say FUCK OFF. I support no board. I support no player. I support no coach. I support the club of the Bulldogs. I call things as I see it. And I think the same people you're trying to criticise as sheep are doing the same. Time and again I've seen them point out things they're not happy with in regard to the board, but still get painted as blindly following the club. It's just not true.