Official Round 3 - Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles - Discussion Thread

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He had a shocker because he was playing second fiddle to Lewis. Once Lewis got hooked, Wakeham moved to 7 and played his natural game leading the team around, which is why he looked much better.
I don’t rate this argument whatsoever. You can’t blame the shear presence of Lewis for Wakeham knocking the ball on and kicking the ball dead.

Lewis probably overplayed his hand a little which affected Wakehams involvement levels, but still - he’s gotta make his touches count when he gets them.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
There is a difference but there's only a small percentage that legitimately whinge or criticise everything without logic or reason. Plenty of others who aren't anywhere near as critical get lumped in with them the minute they express a certain opinion.

Plenty of Pay supporters add fuel to the flames by overreacting, getting emotional and overly sensitive just as much as the so called whingers who bag Pay and the club do. But no one wants to acknowledge that.
I didn’t realise 75% was considered a small sample :-).

Not sure who you’re referring to in your last paragraph as I only support the club and its efforts to get back to where they belong, which means staying the course.

My only position since 2018 was 2021 is the reality of being competitive again which is what we were told and it seemed a fair explanation. The wait has been painful for all Dogs fans.

Anyway this is pretty pointless, let’s see where things land before the end of the season (not results, I have no large expectation for this year, more for 2021 plans).

Hopefully within 12 months TK is a lot happier place for all Dogs fans. Cheers.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I didn’t realise 75% was considered a small sample :-).

Not sure who you’re referring to in your last paragraph as I only support the club and its efforts to get back to where they belong, which means staying the course.

My only position since 2018 was 2021 is the reality of being competitive again which is what we were told and it seemed a fair explanation. The wait has been painful for all Dogs fans.

Anyway this is pretty pointless, let’s see where things land before the end of the season (not results, I have no large expectation for this year, more for 2021 plans).

Hopefully within 12 months TK is a lot happier place for all Dogs fans. Cheers.
What I mean by the last paragraph is that certain people will come up with elaborate ways to defend the indefensible just to suit their agenda or opinions the same way negative fans are meant to have an agenda. It goes both ways.

Anyway, I don't care about any of it as it's a waste of everyone's time.. All I'm saying is we have passionate fans and with that passion sometimes comes overreaction. Fans of any team in any sport are like this.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The good news is we get to lose our minds over selections at least 2 more times before the game even starts. The updated 19-man line-up is announced 24 hours before the game and the final 17-man side an hour before kick-off. So pace yourselves, best to save some outrage for then.

Go Dogs
Pay could probably name Lewis at fullback and put Napa at halfback and I'm sure you'd fully endorse the move.

Has there been one selection or decision Pay has made since 2018 that you don't agree with?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay could probably name Lewis at fullback and put Napa at halfback and I'm sure you'd fully endorse the move.
Surely a rhetorical question, being heuristic as it is based on a nonexistent set of circumstances. However I will answer it as if it were not rhetorical, I would not endorse it but I would also pursue the reasons for it. Because unlike some I admit to not knowing what I don't know.

Has there been one selection or decision Pay has made since 2018 that you don't agree with?
Don't agree with, absolutely, but I don't lose my shit over them mindlessly. As has been the case many times, a perfectly valid reason for the selection has been revealed some time later.

Go Dogs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Surely a rhetorical question, being heuristic as it is based on a nonexistent set of circumstances. However I will answer it as if it were not rhetorical, I would not endorse it but I would also pursue the reasons for it. Because unlike some I admit to not knowing what I don't know.

Don't agree with, absolutely, but I don't lose my shit over them mindlessly. As has been the case many times, a perfectly valid reason for the selection has been revealed some time later.

Go Dogs
I'm struggling to find the logic behind Lewis and Cogger jumping ahead of Wakeham after Lewis was benched and Cogger wasn't in the 17. Surely you agree that it's perplexing.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm struggling to find the logic behind Lewis and Cogger jumping ahead of Wakeham after Lewis was benched and Cogger wasn't in the 17. Surely you agree that it's perplexing.
There were plenty of people suggesting Lewis and cogger should have started the year together after doing well together at the back end of last year.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There were plenty of people suggesting Lewis and cogger should have started the year together after doing well together at the back end of last year.
That doesn't explain why you would bench your supposed key half midway through the game and then start him the next game.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Personally, I don't care who is named to play on Sunday, I'm just happy as fuck to watch my team run out again!!!! Instead of focusing in this massive positive, people would rather just bitch and moan about team selections day in, day out until kick off. It really is white sad.
No one knows how well, or how poorly each individual player responded to the lock down situation, and the impact it had on their daily training routine, or even their mental health, yet everyone seems to think they know better then Pay, and naturally his choices are completely moronic and made without any knowledge of how our players have coped over these past months. For all we know there are very legitimate reasons why certain players were overlooked. And NONE of us are privy to any of this inside information!!! Yet somehow people insist they know better.
Gotta love the kennels panel of absolute experts!!!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That doesn't explain why you would bench your supposed key half midway through the game and then start him the next game.
You seem to have forgotten that it has been almost 2 months since that game. It wasn't last weekend. So there could be any number of reasons why he made this decision.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pay being a fluffy..

Pay is a fluffy..

Pay playing with fluffy.