Official Round 3 - Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles - Discussion Thread

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Get a life. Your either a supporter or not. Your not the fucken coach. True doggies support and respect our coach and whatever team we run out. Go Dogs
You can respect the club and not the coaches decisions at the same time. I know that's a difficult concept for some to grasp here.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Back of last season RFM was finding his feet as an impacting middle forward. His resigning should be a priority. What games have you dog haters been watching?
Yes he was good but he shouldn't be a long term priority. Hypothetical we get Bateman, Pay isnt dropping Elliot and Jacko will still be around, so a long deal for RFM blocks the development of Topine and other young forwards. It's a balancing act.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Wakeham will get his chance. With 18 straight weeks of footy we will be rotating our roster. Wakeham and Foran saved for a game we can realistically win...next week.
You need to build your combinations through consistently playing together, especially for the spine positions.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some of the worst tactical moves I have ever seen are from Pay. I feel like he is learning the trade of a coach at our seasons expense.

So what, we have to give him 5 years and a super roster, make one top 8 and that is successful?

Or as supporters, we have to just suck it up and give our full support at every decision this bright board does because that’s what supporting a team is all about? Just be mindless and throw money at the club to be run how ever they see fit?

Look around, the % of our supporters that are slowly getting turned off by what’s happening with our team is increasing. That’s a stat you can take to the bank. And guess what, won’t turn around unless wins come around or at least better showings out on that field, no matter what names are on the team sheet

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back of last season RFM was finding his feet as an impacting middle forward. His resigning should be a priority. What games have you dog haters been watching?
If you think re-signing a bench forward is a priority then it shows how crap this team really is.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Get a life. Your either a supporter or not. Your not the fucken coach. True doggies support and respect our coach and whatever team we run out. Go Dogs
Fuck off Mrs Pay

Great supporter you are happy with a fraud **** further fucking up our club. You must be dumber than your husband.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pay set to sign 2 year extension. I support this move by the Club to secure his services for another 2 years when he gets to use his own roster. We are with you Deano.
Why would you support this move? What has he done to deserve an extension?

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've worked it out. Pay is actually a fucking genius. Everyone is missing what his trying to do. He wants cogger to play with Lewis and Wakeham to play with foran. As for Avellio I'm still trying to work that one out.
This is great thinking by Pay.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Everyone banging on about Lewis etc. but what stands out for me is how the fk Britt just walks into the starting side !!?! Shit like that is what makes me burn with rugby league. Jobs for the boys. Or the boys’ son.

I’m more excited about watching the Byron Bay Devils soon that this shit.
With Stimson gone for the year, and CHN terminated, why shouldn't he?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We keep on going on about our halves and making it out as if this is the number 1 issue wrong with our team
For me the forwards haven't really stood up and got us in any good field position.
Bravo for the forward changes pay has made.
Sue is a metre eater and was in fine form before getting injured making 10 and 15m easily with his runs.
The bench is a massive positive, big bodies and impact.
Good to see something positive written here.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Haha,
I'm not bagging out Pay. Lol
The team list is rubbish,
But that's because the squad is rubbish.
2021 can't come quick enough.
Be great to hear some positive news regarding signings for next year.
Its rubbish because players are played out of position and he’s not rewarding good play. There would be a lot less whinging if Pay actually picked guys in position to start with

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bunch of peahearts on here. Seriously.

Remember the days when we had fucking Corey Hughes at half, his brother Glenn as a utility, Marteene and Lester in the backline, Thompson and Stone coming off the bench. Never in a million year would I have expected these boys to do shit but they fucking lit it up in 1998.

Pay's made the decision. He's going to be the coach for the rest of the year. Let's see how it goes. If you ***** want to spend your time crying into your cornflakes so be it. For me I'm just happy the footy is back on and hopefully we get to see the boys giving it all.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree,I understand that the media have a job to do but spreading rumours and making up stories regarding player movements is just ridiculous
I think they fall for the player managers feeding them BS at times.
Just the journos trying to keep their jobs by inventing stories to keep their readership numbers up.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bunch of peahearts on here. Seriously.

Remember the days when we had fucking Corey Hughes at half, his brother Glenn as a utility, Marteene and Lester in the backline, Thompson and Stone coming off the bench. Never in a million year would I have expected these boys to do shit but they fucking lit it up in 1998.

Pay's made the decision. He's going to be the coach for the rest of the year. Let's see how it goes. If you c*** want to spend your time crying into your cornflakes so be it. For me I'm just happy the footy is back on and hopefully we get to see the boys giving it all.
I'm pretty sure he's holding Wakeham back until the softening up period is over; and the forwards start to slow.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he's holding Wakeham back until the softening up period is over; and the forwards start to slow.
Wakeham won’t play at all. Averillo will be the bench utility and Cogger/Lewis in the halves if the team is to program.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The squad quality, or lack of is the biggest issue - but i dont think some of the ideas n decisions are helping - If the halves are to be rotated with 18 games to go theoretically what you are telling them is that at best they will play 9 games each - i cannot see how that is a good thing - all that training to play nine games.
Pick the best players / team available.
i hope im wrong

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The squad quality, or lack of is the biggest issue - but i dont think some of the ideas n decisions are helping - If the halves are to be rotated with 18 games to go theoretically what you are telling them is that at best they will play 9 games each - i cannot see how that is a good thing - all that training to play nine games.
Pick the best players / team available.
i hope im wrong
The Foran injury probably put a spanner in the works if he was actually ever a chance of playing like they said. If he is actually rotating them it’s insane. I still can’t understand how someone can be hooked in their last game but start the next one it’s not like we don’t have options in that position.