Official Round 3 - Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles - Discussion Thread

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My excitement for rugby league this year has dissipated thanks to Covid. This team announcement changes nothing.
Some of the team changes are mind boggling. I’ll still support them on Sunday but won’t be investing too much energy. I hope we can get a lot out of this season but the 2021 season can’t come soon enough

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've worked it out... Pay is trying to beat Des at his own game by playing with his head. He knows how tactical and analytical Des is so hes trying to unsettle his preparations then do a Des special involving a plethora of last minute changes. Surely this is the only reason for the dismal attempt of a FG team list.

Adogsbite

New Pup
Reaction score
My barber in Brisbane is relayed to wakeham, from what I have been told he is a big drinker and party animal . That’s What I heard and that he’s competitive. From what I saw from
Him this year he hasn’t looked interested . I’d give him 7 and Lewis or Cogger 6. Cogger is safe and really fired end of last year he scored a ripper try against panthers or eels from about 20 out
Your
My barber in Brisbane is relayed to wakeham, from what I have been told he is a big drinker and party animal . That’s What I heard and that he’s competitive. From what I saw from
Him this year he hasn’t looked interested . I’d give him 7 and Lewis or Cogger 6. Cogger is safe and really fired end of last year he scored a ripper try against panthers or eels from about 20 out
your barber must of been heavy drinking when he spun you that load of #*!+

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dunno mate. Remember Dan Mortimer? He faded after an initial flash in the pan despite his pedigree. Unless Lewis really clicks into gear he’s headed to be a squad player only (yes, depending on who we recruit and what happens with Foran too).
Foran is about cooked and ready to be served!

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From how Britt played in round one and two (as well as preseason) he deserves it over RFM. Are we even re-signing RFM? If we're it's low priority (lower than Elliott). The only reason I can see starting RFM over Britt is to add more attacking threat on the edge to compliment Jackson but RFM hasn't been good for us in recent times.
I don’t think RFM should be re-signed. He’s had plenty of opportunities and just hasn’t clicked for my liking. His spot should go to somebody younger now

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don’t think RFM should be re-signed. He’s had plenty of opportunities and just hasn’t clicked for my liking. His spot should go to somebody younger now
Agree he's showed plenty of promise at times but I wouldn't be offering him big bucks at all... He's great to have off the bench but I think he will want to start somewhere

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm just watching a classic match on nrl.com. Dogs vs Warriors 2003. Dogs down 16-4, but they just had so many points in them to fight their way back. They played so much faster!!!! Mark O'Meley sprinted towards the collision and Shifty would do something different in attack every set of 6. Front row: Ogre, Price and big Willie.
I'm going to go cry in the corner now as this current team list is just mud.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let’s just hope we see foz and wakeham paired up, and Averillo in there too.

very excited to finally see our boys play again, can’t wait..!!
Armadillo and foz need to be halves pay won’t do it until the last round

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you fucking kidding me Pay has no fucking clue. Arrrrgh.
Great to see Lewis and Cogger paired. Great move as gives them both another chance. Absolutely the right thing to do. Treat our coach with respect please.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow. Sue hasn't played in 8 months and somehow leapfrogs Renouf, Ogden and RFM to start??

Lewis and Cogger ahead of Wakeham? Why did they re-sign him if they see him as 4th string? Pay continues to amaze.
Wakeham will get his chance. With 18 straight weeks of footy we will be rotating our roster. Wakeham and Foran saved for a game we can realistically win...next week.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only shining light that i see is that Pay wont be keeping his job!
#payout
Pay set to sign 2 year extension. I support this move by the Club to secure his services for another 2 years when he gets to use his own roster. We are with you Deano.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Back of last season RFM was finding his feet as an impacting middle forward. His resigning should be a priority. What games have you dog haters been watching?