Official Round 3 - Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles - Discussion Thread

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep at the end of the day we have an average squad. Thats just the reality of it. I certainly dont agree with all of his selections but you can only polish a turd so much.

A big squad overhaul is required
Couldn’t have said it better

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree on the halves but at some point you have to realise none of them are that good and it’s just the best of a beaten bunch, as for toomaga I think he is more suited to a bench role same as Ogden. It’s by no means a great team but we can’t necessarily do a whole lot better, giving up on the team because suaso sue gets a game is ridiculous
Who's giving up on the team? I just don't see the logic behind some of the selections. And I'm not looking forward to watching Lewis after he got hooked last game. I wanted to see if Wakeham could improve. I think Renouf needs to play more whatever his role. With Tolman out he needs to play 40 plus.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
That ruins the weeks of stupid Foran articles about being "miraculous" etc.

Some odd selections as always, footy's definitely back when Dogs fans are trying to work out it's Coaches decisions!

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree mate but that last game he at least showed he could bring the ball out of trouble with some punch - his hands always worry me though...and being 4ft2
I never get the hate towards him he isn’t the best but ive actually been impressed with him more often than not

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon that’s the best 17 we can possibly field right now with Foran and Tolman out.

Bring on Sunday.
To drop Wakeham after two games is a very questionable decision. He went from starting half to not in the 17? Lewis was his half partner and he got hooked for a poor performance and he retains his position! What happens if Cogger plays poorly? Does he only get one game to prove himself?

Other than that the team is probably the best we can pick

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With Montoya and Okonbur gone they really have to give up on the Reimis to centre thing.
Especially at left centre. He offers nothing there. Right arm ball carrier who is not suited to the left side at all.

He is either a right centre or a right winger

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree mate but that last game he at least showed he could bring the ball out of trouble with some punch - his hands always worry me though...and being 4ft2
He's like a Best & Less version of Matt Utai.

Smith has to go back to the wing and Harper has to come back in. Hell I'd even take Holland at Wing/Centre over Chrichton. I really cannot understand how Harper is so low on the list.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I never get the hate towards him he isn’t the best but ive actually been impressed with him more often than not
I really think u need to go specsavers bro after that comment. Nothing he has ever done could be put into the "impressed" category..

He needs to go asap

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree bench looks good, its just hard to see where the points are going to come from though.
The points need to come from good structures,set moves and hopefully a bit of skill in execution.
Dean and the coaching staff have the task of making sure the team is up to the challenge every week.
It’s also his job to study oppositions and expose a weekness.
Let’s hope the boys come away with a win.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the plan was to play Wakeham to entice him to sign a contract extension. By all reports that has been done now so he’s locked up and they can drop him without being worried of losing him. Tbh it’s not surprising that he’s gone with Cogger and Lewis, they are most experienced pairing when Foran is out and did do a decent job last year without being great but we did win games. Just hope they show something this weekend in attack. Would’ve been filthy if averillo was left out but happy to see him on the bench where he should be. Who knows he may even be able to come on and spark something in the halves

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Manly -8.5 on the TAB that's better then I thought it would be.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As long as Lewis makes his tackles I'll be happy. Who needs line break assits or or try assists when you have a half who can bomb to nowhere and tackle.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
As long as Lewis makes his tackles I'll be happy. Who needs line break assits or or try assists when you have a half who can bomb to nowhere and tackle.
The big screen is in a good place at Gosford too so Lewis will be able to have plenty of looks at himself too!